Thread: Thunderbird error code E

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Thunderbird error code E

Hello , first sorry for my english im french .
    So i just bought a slot machine thunderbird , when i turn on the machine the power is working but no music , nothing else . Only a sound something like tv or radio without signal .. then i turn they reset key and turn on the power again nothing change.. alway same situation . You can see the image below . Error code E i cant find how to fix it any help ?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Thunderbird error code E

Sorry I do not own this machine or make. But if its still in error. It might be a faulty sensor in the hopper or token acceptor. So the machine thinks there is something stuck in it. Try to see if there are indocator LEDS on the main board that indicate if a button is pressed or sensor active.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, is your machine the pink version or the blue version, or is it the XX version? Either way, the E error indicates loose connections, stuck tokens either in the coin mechanism or the hopper. I would first turn the machine completely off and check the connection going from the hopper to the power supply. Then look in the coin mechanism for stuck coins. You may want to take out the hopper, empty it and then look around to see if any tokens are stuck somewhere they shouldn't be. While at it, clean up the hopper and check the token spinner to see if you can turn it. Once you've cleaned up the hopper, checked the token spinner (or whatever they call it), and checked the token mechanism, hook it back up, make sure the connector is straight and tight in its socket. Reset the machine and see if the problems or at least the E error is gone. Hopefully it will start working sound and all.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi All, I do agree with CallMike2, I had the "E" error on my Thunderbirds machine and it was 2 x tokens stuck in the same slot in the hopper. Disconnect and remove the hopper then empty all the tokens from the slots as well. Spin the slots round manually by hand to make certain that they spin freely, then fill and reconnect the hopper. Hope this worked for you.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Eltel5

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eltel5 View Post
    Hi All, I do agree with CallMike2, I had the "E" error on my Thunderbirds machine and it was 2 x tokens stuck in the same slot in the hopper. Disconnect and remove the hopper then empty all the tokens from the slots as well. Spin the slots round manually by hand to make certain that they spin freely, then fill and reconnect the hopper. Hope this worked for you.

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, I've just bought a fuji thunderbirds 3, and I've got the E error on the win screen on the front, I have dismantled the hopper and put it back together, no medals jammed, I have removed all ribbons/cables from the whole machine, checked for damages, nothing wrong with anything, tried resetting it, still getting the E error, when I first turn machine on lights on front and reel lights light for a split second then go off, all I get is the E on front display. A red light on the motherboard, the upper and lower tube lights in the door for the glass and the lcd display goes through its demo screens, nothing else works, please help me. Before I launch it out of the window

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey013 View Post
    Hi, I've just bought a fuji thunderbirds 3, and I've got the E error on the win screen on the front, I have dismantled the hopper and put it back together, no medals jammed, I have removed all ribbons/cables from the whole machine, checked for damages, nothing wrong with anything, tried resetting it, still getting the E error, when I first turn machine on lights on front and reel lights light for a split second then go off, all I get is the E on front display. A red light on the motherboard, the upper and lower tube lights in the door for the glass and the lcd display goes through its demo screens, nothing else works, please help me. Before I launch it out of the window
    First and biscuits

Have you've checked the pins with a magnifying glass to check if you got a pin bent or missing ?

These machines are getting long in the tooth and you might have a capacitor leaking or out of tolerance . also connectors could have a weak solder joint or just loose .

Welcome to the Addiction
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I've checked everything, I can't physically see anything wrong with it, is there away I can try the hopper away from the machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sure. Locate the feed to the motor and attach it to a 12v supply. Although this will not achieve anything useful except prove the motor isn't jammed.

If you unplug the hopper and do a reset. Does it still throw up an error?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it still has the E error plugged in or unplugged

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you tried a reset with the hopper disconnected.

Then locate the indicator LEDs and test every button and lever and switch. Including door switch, soft reset switch. Etc and see if.one is stuck on.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Should the led indicators be lit on that board now with the E error on, the only led light I have on is the one on motherboard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no idea. I don't have this machien. press a stop button on the front and see if anything lights up.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your suggestions, I've tried them and still the same E error, no leds on on the led board, all I have is a red led on the motherboard, the lcd screen shows video and the 2 strip lights are on on the door

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still no joy, iam going to break it for parts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bummer , it's one of the coolest machines made .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know iam gutted

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a YouTube video of how to troubleshoot Electronics down to the component level without schematics :
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFAWb1F_EpE

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, coming waay late into this. I just got my T-birds machine back from my parents and I ran into the same issue. After going through and disconnecting and reconnecting all the major cables from the power supply, I noted that the hopper cable appeared to be installed but was not seated properly. I removed the hopper and disconnected and on inspection one of the pins on the power supply was very slightly askew. I straightened out the best I could and then reseated the hopper cable and it clicked into place. E issue is resolved. Double check the Power supply to hopper connection, on my machine its easy to appear to be plugged in but not seated fully.

24. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie