Thread: Old Sanyo Lock Salution

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Old Sanyo Lock Salution

Hi

I have just figured out how to make the lock on my Sanyo usable again with out a key. I watched the LockpickLawyer on YouTube open a cam lock, unfortunately he used a tool "which I don't have" to open the lock, but down in his comments someone mentioned that you can use the tube of a Bic Pen to open the lock, just insert the tube and jiggle it around and it should unlock as you turn. I gave it a try, but it didn't work because the walls of the tube I used were too thin, so I wrapped some electrical tape around the tube and tried it again, and this time it worked, the lock turned.

But here is the interesting thing that I found out purely by chance, when I unlocked the lock and removed the tube something happened, two of the tumbles/pins fell out. It turns out the key prevents the pins from falling out when you unlocked the lock, but since I did not use a key to open my lock, two of the pins ended up lining up with the two outer key notches on the sides of the lock. I then put the tube back in and then lined up the rest of the pins and let them fall out. Now all I need to do is find a key to fit the key hole. I bet this trick would work on other machines that also use cam locks.

IMG_4639.JPG IMG_4643.JPG

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to AJ Dragon