Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arcade 1up is working with Zen Pinball to make two different Home Pinballs

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Arcade 1up is working with Zen Pinball to make two different Home Pinballs

WooHoo!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Arcade 1up is working with Zen Pinball to make two different Home Pinballs

Finally it came! Will assemble later today; very exciting!

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know that the cat is saying "This is Mine!"
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

5. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sweet!!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This thing is a lot of fun! Looks cool too in the Star Wars corner of my parlor/arcade now! I highly recommend picking one up!

Carrie approves!

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice But how many pieces was it in inside the box ? It doesn't look like a got pack.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Flat pack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have never really cared for "video pinball" (or "video pachinko")...but, this intrigues me.
    I want a "real" pinball machine...but, vintage, so I can fix it...like my pachinkos! I don't have the luxury of time to restore what is avaliable for this price range, or what I'm willing/can afford to spend. Plus it takes up less space!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks Rad!!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Very nice But how many pieces was it in inside the box ? It doesn't look like a got pack.
    The main body is already assembled; all you have to put together is the box/topper/marquee which is 6-7 wood pieces that get bolted together and bolt the legs on; takes about an hour if you take your time.

It’s easier than assembling a regular Arcade1Up machine (I also got a Big Buck hunter a few weeks ago!) Also totally awesome.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I have never really cared for "video pinball" (or "video pachinko")...but, this intrigues me.
    I want a "real" pinball machine...but, vintage, so I can fix it...like my pachinkos! I don't have the luxury of time to restore what is avaliable for this price range, or what I'm willing/can afford to spend. Plus it takes up less space!
    Exactly; “real” pinballs have gotten too expensive, require lots of maintenance and upkeep and take up too much room. Plus you are limited to 1 game that would likely get old after a while.

You get 90% of the fun and look of owning a real pinball at 10% or less of the cost. Seems like a pretty decent compromise to me!

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

after owning for a month, is it still a winner? it says there more than one game, are others pretty fun to play? I'm interested in one, maybe, seeing a bunch of bad reviews
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    after owning for a month, is it still a winner? it says there more than one game, are others pretty fun to play? I'm interested in one, maybe, seeing a bunch of bad reviews
    Yeah, it’s a winner, still play it all the time. No lag. There’s 10 Star Wars games; good ones. Everyone who plays it likes it a lot.

It’s cutting into my pachinko time!

Bad reviews are probably from people who can’t get one or comparing it to a $8000 real pinball.

I pre-ordered a Marvel one a few weeks ago; my lady prefers that franchise; I’d rather haves Attack on Mars, but I’ll settle for Marvel since Attack on Mars is not even available at all at this point. It’s also got more colorful playfields than Star Wars, the ball is hard to see sometimes with a gray and dark playfields.

Good luck finding one!

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Surprise surprise; Arcade1Up is up to their old tricks again delaying the next Walmart pre-order release date of the Marvel machine to 5/28 instead of 5/10. We’ll see if they push it back again multiple times like they did with Star Wars!

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Walmart shipped the Marvel one yesterday; so good news, only a couple week delay from original the pre-order release date.

It will be interesting to compare the two! I saw in reviews the 3rd one in the series, Attack on Mars has some bugs in the games. So probably better off to wait till they sort those out if anyone is getting that one.

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Marvel one has arrived! I’ll post a comparison review in a few days after I’ve assembled it and had time to play all the games. I’ll try to be as unbiased as possible toward theme/franchise preference and judge by the pinball enthusiast/purist perspective and overall fun factor.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i just ordered star wars, at walmart, $600.00, after taxes, 6/1 delivery date
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got all 30 tables on my PS4 but these tables look cool

Thanks
    Thanks Received

where are marvel reviews maybe it so good he playing pinball instead hang out in chat room, anyone interested in one of these, as of today, best buys has attack from mars for 599.00, store pick up only, walmart sold out quick, i'm suppose to get star wars, no delay bad news, or tracking number good news, 6/2/21 maybe for star wars

33. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After playing all 20 games multiple times on Star Wars and Marvel; I’ve got to give the nod to Marvel as the “best” one. This is coming from someone who prefers Star Wars to Marvel franchise.

Marvel has the more colorful and attractive games, better music generally (with exception of Han Solo game with the alien cantina music). Both are really good machines, but Marvel is better to play in my humble opinion, easier to see the ball for sure on the more colorful playfields.

So bottom line; get the one of the franchise you prefer, you won’t be disappointed! That said, if no preference otherwise and buying strictly for pinball game appeal; Marvel is the one!

I dunno about Attack on Mars; keep seeing bad reviews for assorted bugs and mentions from people that have all 3 machines it’s the inferior one.

35. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast