Thread: Don Don King error code

smm88fan

Question Don Don King error code

I keep getting at E8 on my Don Don King, does anyone know what it means? I don't leave the machine on all the time. It's a outlet that turns off with a switch, is that hurting the machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Don Don King error code

Just do a reset. My guess is your capacitor is not storing the memory for any length of time. I got that error code on my DDK last night for the first time, but I hadn't used it in about 3 weeks and obviously drained the capacitor.

No, your outlet turning off the machine isn't hurting anything, but it does allow the capacitor that stores the memory to drain after a time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my DDK will go into error if left off for a few days, hard reset is all it needs.

I have a few machines that will do that if I don't play them.

Just like regular kids!!!!

I guess they get mad at you for not playing with them :>)
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Don Don King error code

Yep, I had a couple that had error codes earlier today when I turned them on for the 1st time in a while. DDK, 007 & Magic Pulsar. Most annoying error goes to 007, like a car alarm. Nicest error goes to magic pulsar, very nice music. The 007 also did an HA error a couple times when left alone ? Hopper Angry ? Mike : )

Heres my 2 new kids :

http://www.videogameconnection.com/i...ge_fighter.jpghttp://www.videogameconnection.com/i..._machine_4.jpg

Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same thing has happened to mine. If I don't use it for a few days I have to do a reset. Glad to hear it is not a major problem
    Bob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, smm88fan, ya need to fix your profile. You still have the site admin's old stuff in there because of a bug when we changed over to the new software.

smm88fan

Wink Re: Don Don King error code

Thanks for the info guys. I don't get on here very much so I guess I need to update my profile. Seems like I only use the net to find out to fix things anymore don't have time to surf since it's finally warm enough outside to play. Thanks again.

smm88fan

By the way, what's the capacitor and what's it do?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sue, it's like a short-term battery.
    Some machines use them to hold settings... like memory for odds, etc.

I wouldn't worry about replacing it, though. It looks like a common thing for many machines. These machines were designed to be turned on for the majority of a day in a Japanese parlor... so it was probably never noticed over there.
    Pushing the reset button would be a much better choice for us than trying to have it fixed or re-designed.

Good to see you posting again... and enjoy this nice weather, too!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For those of you with don don king machines , I got tired of opening my machine door to get tokens to play so i came up with a solution . The hopper is a simple two wire feed from the unit to the hoper 24 volt dc to the hopper motor the wires are (+ red) (- white) the unit is switched using the + side so all your intrested in is the red wire . what you need to get is a momentary single pole double throw switch cut the red wire on the hopper harness . then attach the hopper side to the center pole on the switch . then hook the plug side of the wire to the normally closed contact of the switch. Now connect a new wire from the fuse holder on the board at the top right side of the cabnet thats a 24+ feed .to the remaining normally open contact . mount your switch (i located mine recessed in the grab handle on the side of the machine.)
    now when you run out of tokens hit the switch and the circuit is broken and the 24 + is applied and you get all the tokens you like in the tray .let go and its back to dispencing from the machine . when you press it to get tokens the machine will go into error mode showing a e-04 (basicly coins are being registered coming out when they shouldnt be.) this is easily reset without loosing any credits with the key switch reset. I love it no more opening the door YES!!!!!!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You should write this under the machine in the mueseum. It is a very good point.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    Yep, I had a couple that had error codes earlier today when I turned them on for the 1st time in a while. DDK, 007 & Magic Pulsar. Most annoying error goes to 007, like a car alarm. Nicest error goes to magic pulsar, very nice music. The 007 also did an HA error a couple times when left alone ? Hopper Angry ? Mike : )

Heres my 2 new kids :

http://www.videogameconnection.com/i...ge_fighter.jpghttp://www.videogameconnection.com/i..._machine_4.jpg

Mike : )
    Mike...

I can't speak about the Real Voltage machine, but the Giga Fever is really cool. It teases ya quite a bit with that fourth reel. If set to level six it pays out quite often(big bonus)
    Spin Luck * Super Black Jack * King Camel * Charlie's Angels * Gold X * Giga Fever * E.T.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Don Don King error code

Giga Fever is Good but I think i like the DDK better. Giga has a better attract mode but the DDK has better play Value and the top reels and sounds are Amazing. I am big into Boxing thats why i got the Real Voltage. its good but not one of my favorite playing machines. Mike : )

Top 3 Machines I am playing Now :

1. Red White & Blue
    2. Monkey Magic
    3. Addams Family

Honerable Mention :

King Camel, The Neos, DDK & Beast Sapp
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-