Thread: Help on Lord of the Rings and Honey Bee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help on Lord of the Rings and Honey Bee

I am moving in few months, so digging stuff out of the closet. I have an older electronic pachi called "Honey Bee". The reels no longer start up, although the machine still pays. It was intermittent (sometimes reels wouldn't start) 10 years ago when I put it in the closet. Now it never starts. Easy fix or trash it you think?

Also, I have a Lord of Rings. Anyone know the rules of this machine? It has 4 red ring lights on the left that light up one at a time when the ball enters a specific chute, but I have no idea what they do (this is not the same as the reel spin indicators). On the right side of the machine is an X and O light that just alternate on and off. Anyone know what these mean?

Sometimes Lord of the Rings doesn't power up right. I turn it off for 5 seconds and then turn it back on and eventually it comes up. Is there a reset button on this machine somewhere? I suspect the transformer isn't delivering enough current for bootup. Once on, it is fine.

Finally, if I decide to sell Lord of the Rings, anyone have an idea what its worth? Been in the closet for probably 10 years+ (not sure when they first started showing up in America, but since then ).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help on Lord of the Rings and Honey Bee

the 4 lights should be the banked spins.. as you get balls in the start pocket it will bank up to 4 spins.. balls that enter the start pocket after 4 spins are banked will still pay but you do not gain more spins..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. The spin indicators are on the screen. These are something different. I had a pachislo called Frozen Nights years ago. It had a bunch of reel combination diagrams on the front. I never figured out what they were for either. They are 3x3 grids of symbols and as it used stepper motor reels, I know hitting all 9 symbols was physically impossible.

I guess there are just way too many machines for people to document the rules for each, assuming the games are even fully operational when not connected to the main computer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lights have to do with the flippers next to the start pocket.
    If you have 4 lights on, the flippers wil open shortly for four times. Play a few balls untill you have the lights on and then stop and check the flippers, you'll know what I mean when you see it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You mean the tulip, right? Thanks. I will see if I can make a correlation.

I was playing with it the other night, trying different "startup" sequences and I also noticed that the X/O on the right side are actually both solid on to start, but then start flashing (alternating X then O) once the game gets going.

Do you have any idea what causes the character mode to change? I've recently seen Aragorn (starting node), Legolas (Rivendell), and Gandalf (Isengard). Don't ask me why Isengard was used to Gandalf. Based on the LED color shift having 6 colors, I assume there are 6 character modes (assume the 9 fellowship without 3 of the hobbits). I'd like to see them all, but can't figure out what makes the game shift modes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Reset it tonight and almost immediately hit fever. Went Fever ... “to be continued” ... Fever ... Chance Mode ... Fever ... “to be continued” ... Fever ... Chance Mode ... Fever ... Chance Mode ... done.

5 multi round fevers in all before the border lights finally went back to normal. Got so see Sting glow again ... alot. Was really getting sick of it at the end.

Never saw any more modes other than Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf. Now not sure there are any others. The light show was much better in fever mode, on the playfield, not counting the border. In my opinion they could have livened up normal mode a bit.

I think I got my “fix”. Should be good for another 10 years now ...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm guessing the character change is linked to the number of balls played.
    Yes, a reset seems to work great when you want a fever on these Sankyos.
    My Marilyn Monroe did the same, fever within half an hour after a reset.