Thread: Help Trying to repair my first machine that was damaged during shipping.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Help Trying to repair my first machine that was damaged during shipping.

I just purchased my first machine, a Yamasa (type 3 I believe) Dancin Tom. Unfortunately, it was damaged during shipping. I've been messing around with it and doing some research here and on google, and have been able to get it (mostly) working, but still have a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to.

1. There was an extra ac cord in the machine, not connected to anything. The machine has another cord coming out of the back and does power on, so is this an extra cord? Or should it be connected to something?
    extra cord.jpg

2. The plastic piece that holds the reels is broken (see 8-9 o clock position on the image below). Where can I get a replacement?
    broken reel.jpg

3. The machine does work, I've been testing it a lot while troubleshooting and havent had any issues with the basic functionality of it. One thing I did notice, is this top strip above the reel windows that has the LEDs for Trouble, Game Over, 1, 2, 3, etc., I have never seen any of the LEDs on that entire row light up. I'm also not sure what most of them are for or if they should be turning on. What's the easiest way to test this?
    machine front.jpg

4. What are these top 2 switches for on the power supply? I have looked at a few different manuals I've found on here but never found one with this exact unit.
    ps switches.jpg

5. Since I'm already having to work on the machine, I'd like to swap out the reels/graphics while I'm working on it. I've looked through this forum, google, and found a bunch of sellers but most links were dead or were for other machines. Is there anyone still selling custom parts for these?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help with any of these questions, I appreciate it!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help Trying to repair my first machine that was damaged during shipping.

Looks like a nice Vintage Pachislot (skill stop slot)

Other members here have more information than I do. Welcome to the Addiction!!
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help Trying to repair my first machine that was damaged during shipping.

sorry i can thelp ya but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead