Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: My first machine

  1. #1
    Kungishi Wayne-Ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    1,314
    Thanks Received
    2,896

    Default My first machine

    I found this at a Antique Mall, while shopping with the wife.

    I really have no knowledge of vintage machines, but was drawn to it, for some reason. So, I bought it.

    The playfield and exterior are kind of rough, but having some modern machines and Pachislo machines, that were also in rough shape. I figured I could get it looking good again.

    Once I do some searching, to see how it is suppose to work and how to set it up, (it has a 9v transformer connected to it now) and make sure it works. I'll then decide to go forward with it. You can see that the playfield is bad, is there a way to get a new one made? Or, is it even worth restoring?

    Anyway, here a few pictures.

    20201003_171146.jpg 20201002_173646.jpg 20201003_171207.jpg
    Wayne's Game Room

  2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo


  3. #2
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,145
    Thanks
    25,023
    Thanks Received
    11,264

    Default Re: My first machine

    you have a circut racer machine. you can play it without power but its way better with power

    10 volts to the lights / like any vintage

    24 volts to the solenoid..

    neat machine.. great first
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances


  5. #3
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,145
    Thanks
    25,023
    Thanks Received
    11,264

    Default Re: My first machine

    so long as no one has rewired it this is the best unit i have found for these machines..

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shack...kAAOSwLTZfX-Xd

    it is a little over powered for factory bulbs but it will provide power for the whole machine..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances


  7. #4
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,145
    Thanks
    25,023
    Thanks Received
    11,264

    Default Re: My first machine

    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances


  9. #5
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,145
    Thanks
    25,023
    Thanks Received
    11,264

    Default Re: My first machine

    this is what i was looking for

    https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...+circuit+racer

    this should help the best.. with vid in post #9
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances


  11. #6
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    772
    Thanks Received
    2,040

    Default My first machine

    Iíd say itís totally worth restoring! Cool theme! Iím doing one now myself; not terribly difficult just time consuming. Nishijin playfields are the worst when it come to fading. Now Mizuho; they knew how to make a UV light fade resistant playfield... I digress.


    Pachinko planet sells that background and it is awesome! So jealous...


    http://pachinkoplanet.com/zencart/in...products_id=55
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-04-2020 at 11:01 PM.

  12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  13. #7
    Kungishi Wayne-Ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    1,314
    Thanks Received
    2,896

    Default Re: My first machine

    Thanks for the info, you guys are giving.

    I had to research on how to set up this machine to play. I'm kind of new to this "all mechanical" operation. (Didn't have the see-saw set properly and it wasn't paying out). Also the center feature was wired into the fuse holder, for the lights. When I connected a 12V transformer to the fuse holder it ran the lights but the center feature did nothing.
    Going by Mopar's info that it ran on 24V. I cut the wires, (for the center feature) from the fuse holder and connected them to a 20V transformer, I had, and it worked. I played the machine for awhile and everything seems to be working fine. All the lights on the racetrack work and the tire opens and closes, like it should.

    Researching this site I believe the machine is worth a restoration. (I think I found a "good one", for my first machine). So, I did order the playfield and stickers, Lotsoballs, thanks for the link.

    So, I guess next is the tear down. (I better take a lot of pictures, or never get it back together).

    Here's some pic's of what I had.

    20201002_164046.jpg 20201003_171101.jpg
    Wayne's Game Room

  14. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo


  15. #8
    Kungishi Wayne-Ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    1,314
    Thanks Received
    2,896

    Default Re: My first machine

    I've started tearing down the machine. I've ordered a new playfield and stickers.

    Here's where I am with it. I removed the red and black paint from the frame, sanded it and stained it. Removed basically all the parts and cleaned and polished them. Removed the playfield and it is ready for the new one, once it arrives. Everything is laid out on tables in the garage.

    20201005_191833.jpg 20201005_191807.jpg



    I did get all the frame pieces put back together. I also de-pinned the door lock, so now any key that fits into the lock will work.


    20201006_144642.jpg 20201006_144657.jpg


    Also, there is a oval above the shooter tray that ,I guess, had some type of sticker. ( I cleaned some sticky residue from it.) Does anyone know what is suppose to be in the oval?

    20201006_144534.jpg
    Wayne's Game Room

  16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo


  17. #9
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,145
    Thanks
    25,023
    Thanks Received
    11,264

    Default Re: My first machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Also, there is a oval above the shooter tray that ,I guess, had some type of sticker. ( I cleaned some sticky residue from it.) Does anyone know what is suppose to be in the oval?

    20201006_144534.jpg
    interesting.. cant say i remember seeing one quite like that before..

    hoping someone can help ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  18. #10
    I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Guildford, Surrey
    Posts
    25,324
    Thanks
    11,918
    Thanks Received
    16,210

    Default Re: My first machine

    This ad seems to have an oval sticker with an N printed on it. Although it looks like the ball flag.

    https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t758983020
    Ian #UKPachinko

  19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam


  20. #11
    Kungishi Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    1,161
    Thanks Received
    1,275

    Default Re: My first machine

    This may be it?Nishijin Sticker.jpg

  21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Tink


  22. #12
    Kungishi Wayne-Ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    1,314
    Thanks Received
    2,896

    Default Re: My first machine

    Repainted the spinners today. Here is the before and after.


    20201009_185549.jpg

    I also cleaned the nails. I wasn't looking forward to doing them, cause I didn't have a tumbler and was going to do them by hand.

    But, I was at Goodwill and seen a rock tumbler. One of those small plastic type, you would buy for your child. It was priced at $2.99 and I thought I might as well give it a try.

    Here's how they turned out.

    20201007_184130.jpg 20201007_183908.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne's Game Room

  23. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo


  24. #13
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    772
    Thanks Received
    2,040

    Default Re: My first machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Repainted the spinners today. Here is the before and after.


    20201009_185549.jpg

    I also cleaned the nails. I wasn't looking forward to doing them, cause I didn't have a tumbler and was going to do them by hand.

    But, I was at Goodwill and seen a rock tumbler. One of those small plastic type, you would buy for your child. It was priced at $2.99 and I thought I might as well give it a try.

    Here's how they turned out.

    20201007_184130.jpg 20201007_183908.jpg
    Haha, I used to have one of those tumblers! Lasted a couple rounds of rock tumbling (2 months) and did a decent job for a childís toy!

  25. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  26. #14
    Kungishi Wayne-Ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    1,314
    Thanks Received
    2,896

    Default Re: My first machine

    Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Haha, I used to have one of those tumblers! Lasted a couple rounds of rock tumbling (2 months) and did a decent job for a childís toy!
    I was really pretty happy with the way they turned out. I was really just "flying by the seat of my pants" and used things I had on hand to tumble them with. Soaked them in vinegar for about 1/2 hour, then rinsed them off. I used white rice for the media with some Bar Keepers Friend, for 2 hours. Then some polishing compound and new rice, for 2 more hours. Then just rice for 2 more hours.

    I'm sure I would of got a better result with the proper media and cleaners, but for this one time use, as I said, I'm pretty happy with the result.

    Also, during disassembling the playfield, all the cotter pins holding the rails on, broke as I bent them up. They were pretty rusty.
    I don't know what others use to replace these, but I ordered 1/16 inch X 2 inch long stainless steel cotter pins. They came today and are a perfect fit for the existing holes in the rails and playfield.

    Just waiting on the playfield, stickers and new rubber from Pachinko Planet.
    Wayne's Game Room

  27. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo


  28. #15
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    772
    Thanks Received
    2,040

    Default Re: My first machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    I was really pretty happy with the way they turned out. I was really just "flying by the seat of my pants" and used things I had on hand to tumble them with. Soaked them in vinegar for about 1/2 hour, then rinsed them off. I used white rice for the media with some Bar Keepers Friend, for 2 hours. Then some polishing compound and new rice, for 2 more hours. Then just rice for 2 more hours.

    I'm sure I would of got a better result with the proper media and cleaners, but for this one time use, as I said, I'm pretty happy with the result.

    Also, during disassembling the playfield, all the cotter pins holding the rails on, broke as I bent them up. They were pretty rusty.
    I don't know what others use to replace these, but I ordered 1/16 inch X 2 inch long stainless steel cotter pins. They came today and are a perfect fit for the existing holes in the rails and playfield.

    Just waiting on the playfield, stickers and new rubber from Pachinko Planet.
    Looking good! It might not hurt to let them go a full day in a standard rotary tumbler; the vibratory ones work about 10 times faster since they vibrate soooo fast!

    Itís weird when two hobbies cross paths but Iím also semi-expert rock tumbler/rock hound that owns multiple rock tumblers! Itís finally paying dividends!

  29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  30. #16
    Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,996
    Thanks
    59,880
    Thanks Received
    38,854

    Default Re: My first machine

    Nice work on the spinners too!!

    "Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

  31. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss


  32. #17
    Kungishi Wayne-Ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    1,314
    Thanks Received
    2,896

    Default Re: My first machine

    Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Looking good! It might not hurt to let them go a full day in a standard rotary tumbler; the vibratory ones work about 10 times faster since they vibrate soooo fast!

    Itís weird when two hobbies cross paths but Iím also semi-expert rock tumbler/rock hound that owns multiple rock tumblers! Itís finally paying dividends!
    I took your advise and tumbled the nails all day. I felt the rice media was to large and I needed a smaller media to get a good shine. So, I used sugar as a media. (I know, I know, your thinking how much more "redneck" can you get?)

    But, I think they turned out pretty "sweet".

    20201010_233239.jpg
    Wayne's Game Room

  33. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo


  34. #18
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    772
    Thanks Received
    2,040

    Default Re: My first machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    I took your advise and tumbled the nails all day. I felt the rice media was to large and I needed a smaller media to get a good shine. So, I used sugar as a media. (I know, I know, your thinking how much more "redneck" can you get?)

    But, I think they turned out pretty "sweet".

    20201010_233239.jpg
    Wow, definitely shinier than last time! Who would have thought sugar would do that!

    Meanwhile Iím out $13 for 2 pounds of fine walnut shell media! Oh well, Iíve plenty left over for the next project I guess. This project is getting pricey all the necessary supplies thatís for sure!

  35. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  36. #19
    Pachi Puro Moparformances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diamond Springs CA
    Posts
    13,145
    Thanks
    25,023
    Thanks Received
    11,264

    Default Re: My first machine

    sugar?? what made you thing of sugar?

    what ever works.. they look perty damn good.. dare i say "sweet"
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

  37. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances


  38. #20
    Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,996
    Thanks
    59,880
    Thanks Received
    38,854

    Default Re: My first machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    sugar?? what made you thing of sugar?

    what ever works.. they look perty damn good.. dare i say "sweet"
    That needs a

    But the nails look great!!

    "Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

  39. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •