Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finally After 2Years My STAR WARS Battle of Vader" Gonna Gets his Cabinet WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Finally After 2Years My STAR WARS Battle of Vader" Gonna Gets his Cabinet WIP

Hello to all
    After 2 years it will finally happen. And I finally started building my "Pachinko" Cabinet.

I'll post pictures here for those interested. and keep updating until completion.
    Don't ask me for design drawings there aren't any !

That is my way of working, I start with a rough sketch, and gradually it changes.
    It is a hellish job as there are many things to take into account. Most of the time actually creeps into designs.
    You also have to think Always 10 steps ahead, so that you are not faced with unpleasant surprises.
    (Almost looks like a game of Chess ;-) Really takes a lot of time.

But because the Pachinko's usually use standard sizes, it is always possible to use it for other Pachinko's in the future!

I hope I can please someone with this or give someone ideas.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Finally After 2Years My STAR WARS Battle of Vader" Gonna Gets his Cabinet W

Cool, can't wait to see!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Finally After 2Years My STAR WARS Battle of Vader" Gonna Gets his Cabinet W

First Set ! Not gonna comment to much ,but feel free to ask if there are Questions !
    Cabinet 01.jpgCabinet 02.jpgCabinet 03.jpgCabinet 04.jpgCabinet 05.jpg

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are of course plenty of choices such as.
    - Free-standing - biggest advantage "movable"
    Disadvantage "can tip over if you open it"
    (You can leave it open from behind and work on it like this instead
    of opening it in front, but it doesn't seem that practical to me)

- Hanging on the wall - advantage - more compact.
    Disadvantage "must be pretty shure of the place where you hang it"

One of my main requirements was that you have to be able to put your knees under it.
    (so you can sit at it like at a table) but at the same time, your eyes must be in level with the video screen.
    to get the best experience.

I think I am succeeding in that after a lot of thinking and calculating.

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Totally agree with the knees under and eye at level video, this is my main concern too ! Nice work !

13. The following user says "Thanks" to bichikura

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what is the medium?? kinda looks like mdf and it kinda resembles particle board.. the blue green hue has me confused, we (in the US) sell dimensional lumber that looks like that it is Borate soap treated for bug resistance..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The greenish is moisture resistant MDF, although it is claimed that it is hard to the core, but you do notice that the top layer is harder, so if you mill through this, you will end up with a softer and less firm structure and have treated that with a primer to give it a bit more hold. for the back opted for plywood because it is stronger. and because I want to hang it with a "French Cleat" and MDF doesn't seems to me not really suitable for that.
    You also have to keep the cost price in check. I've noticed that you can also use wood glue instead of primer, it absorbs well into the wood, I recommend it especially to treat the end edges of MDF before you start painting, then your paint will absorb less into the wood, it seals the wood, as it were.

17. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For the volume of the ball pit at the top and bottom I have also taken into account the number of balls that I am going to use, if you make them too small is not good, and if they are too large you will not see the balls laying in there (because I wish to make windows in the ball pits so i can quickly check them without opening them)(at first I had 1000 but that makes no sense for a modern Pachinko, I quickly found out! especially if you hit the Jackpot !!) Can you imagine when i bought the machine it came with 250 Balls . Then I bought 2000 more and I suspect that it will make it a bit less labor intensive.
    Of course you can also work with a ball lifter, but I think it is too expensive and I think the hassle with the balls has something to it, for me it ads to the fun of it. But again 1000 is a little less, then you are constantly busy with the balls :-)
    Last edited by Flip; 10-01-2020 at 08:34 AM.

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, looks super fancy so far!!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Wow, looks super fancy so far!!
    Sure it's Fancy ;-) It has to be !!!
    Otherwise I will not sell it to my wife that it's destination is gonna be the "Living Room"

23. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

25. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I spent a few days working out a system to prevent the top ball pit from emptying when you open the Packinko. As a base I used a piece of laminate flooring, it is also a kind of MDF but very solid structure. and 2 stainless steel plates of +/- 1mm. I deliberately kept this thin because it cuts better through the balls when you close the lock. I also suspect that the round hole in the slide is also responsible for this. instead of just a straight side that has to cut through the balls. the 4 small holes 2 on each side i use to keep the thing together (I used little bolts & nuts so the wood wont break from tension if using screws)
    The 4 Bigger holes 2 on each side i use to mount it in the cabinet)I I will add some photos of the mounted system later,
    Questions are always welcome.
    Cabinet 16.jpgCabinet 17.jpgCabinet 19.jpgCabinet 20.jpgCabinet 21.jpgCabinet 22.jpgCabinet 23.jpg

27. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

29. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That looks pretty sweet! You could probably sell those!

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A few Updates !!
    Cabinet 32.jpgCabinet 33.jpgCabinet 31.jpgCabinet 34.jpgCabinet 35.jpgCabinet 36.jpgCabinet 37.jpg

In picture 2 you can see that I made holes at the top, and I leave the bottom open. Because warm air rises,
    you get a natural ventilation in the cabinet without adding ventilation fans.
    Both ball pits (top and bottom) are lockable (to keep out dust)
    above I worked with an Ikea "push to open" lock.
    For the bottom I opted for a cover plate that is attached with magnets (so that it can easily be opened),
    on this cover plate I can also place a ball tray. (Just like real, hey ;-)
    At the bottom left there is a hole in the Ball Pit through which I can drain the Ball Pit. (I still have to think of the simple closure of this hole)

33. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Flip

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bravo, Brava
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

35. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not that I am that far, but I still ask myself the question.
    To mount the pachinko in the cabinet, I will probably first have to mount the frame in the cabinet.
    Now my question is, how is the easiest way to remove that frame from the pachinko
    without damaging it. is there a procedure? Haven't looked at it that well yet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just finished a wall mount frame, hung it up on the wall and then opened the door/front of the machine and sat the frame /machine on the bottom ledge of the frame. Holding the machine I used common clamps to the sides of the machine and the frame to hold it in place while I secured the machine to the frame. Best if this is a two person job. Nice machining of the ball lock.

38. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ujacko

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast