Thread: Replace broken glass

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Replace broken glass

Should I look into replacing the broken glass on my late 90’s machine with another piece of glass or is plexiglass better? It’s a pretty simple slide in once cut the right size.

Pros or cons for each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Replace broken glass

Well two pieces of glass if you want it like in the parlor.. But just the inner is all that's usually needed to play..

Some people like the sound of glass better (like me ), some like the quieter plexi.. I've had some where the plexi was a tad loose and could bow out and balls would get stuck in front of the nails, but not often..

People with little kids often choose plexi or glass inside, plexi outside for the safety!! I had a cat knock over a pachi once..I wish it had had plexi!! (Cat was fine!!)

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I prefer plexiglass; safer and you don’t need to add any additional noise to these machines!

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Well two pieces of glass if you want it like in the parlor.. But just the inner is all that's usually needed to play..

Some people like the sound of glass better (like me ), some like the quieter plexi.. I've had some where the plexi was a tad loose and could bow out and balls would get stuck in front of the nails, but not often..

People with little kids often choose plexi or glass inside, plexi outside for the safety!! I had a cat knock over a pachi once..I wish it had had plexi!! (Cat was fine!!)
    Surprisingly in our small town we have a local glass place. I measured and TRIED to explain the application and they suggested double strength glass and it for snug in the bracket where the old glass was slightly too thin or possibly should have had a second layer. So it’s nice to keep the sound but lose the rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post

My cat knocked over a 100+ Lb Battle of Vader once climbing on the ball tray before I put feet on it; nearly crushing him! Luckily it fell face forward and the huge Sankyo Evol frame has plastic sticking out 6” from the front glass so he got saved from the small space between the floor and the glass. Then he shot out from underneath it at breakneck speed seemingly unfazed!?

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs