Thread: Need Help With Siolar Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need Help With Siolar Machine

Hey folks,

I think I joined this group back in 2005, and I purchased about seven or eight pachislo machines including a Siolar machine by Pioneer. For years I played these machines and was able to maintain them properly. About five years we had to downsize and I sold all my machines but my Siolar because the ruby lipped/golden haired gal on the belly glass looked like my wife when we were married nearly sixty years ago.

Sadly I have not used the Siolar since then, and now I find I no longer can figure out how to get it working again. I had instructions years ago, but they are long gone. I cannot find any manual for the Pioneer machines, and it is just frustrating that I can no longer remember what I used to take for granted. I should probably just sell the machine or give it away instead of this frustration, but I really wanted to get the old girl going again for something to do.

I turn the two switches on the power box on and the thing lights up and sometimes the "insert token" light come on, but that does not happen often. I emptied the coin machine completely to make sure it was not stuck, but that does not make any difference. Can anybody give me a copy of instructions or tell me what I might be doing wrong.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need Help With Siolar Machine

I don't have a Pioneer to look at, but there is usually just one power switch inside.. Is it possible the reset key switch was replaced with an on off switch and you are turning that on too?? If so it would be in reset/odds change mode instead of play mode.. It needs to be in the off position to play..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need Help With Siolar Machine

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I don't have a Pioneer to look at, but there is usually just one power switch inside.. Is it possible the reset key switch was replaced with an on off switch and you are turning that on too?? If so it would be in reset/odds change mode instead of play mode.. It needs to be in the off position to play..

Hey Mr. MrGneiss,

Your advice is well appreciated, but I cannot seem to remember anything anymore. I finally got fed up with all the frustration of getting older and not being able to remember things I finally gave the machine to a Marine who lives a few miles away. He and his wife are both young and more likely to figure it out. He offered to pay for it, but I simply asked him if he gets it figured out that he will invite me over to play for about fifteen minutes. I am not doing the old age thing very well. My eyesight is pretty bad, and I refuse to get cataract surgery because I cannot stand to have anyone near my eyes. My brother and I are both showing the same dementia signs our father had at this age.

I do remember you from some years ago, and I also remember ArbyCoffee and Tulsa from back then. I know there are a lot more I should remember and would remember if their names popped up.

Again I thank you for you help. I still have an old thumb shooter Pachinko machine with the Statue of Liberty on the back board. Since it is all mechanical rather than electrical, I think I should still be able to clean and maintain the moving parts on the machine, and I have a ton of balls for it. Now to get one of my grandsons to install it securely in a garage wall and then start thumbing it.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to David Wile