Thread: Has anyone tried to reprint or print original graphics for their pachislo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Has anyone tried to reprint or print original graphics for their pachislo

Hello everyone,

The refurb of my Aladdin II is coming along nicely, but the reels soaked up a lot of mouse pee, and are stained and smell terrible. Only 1 reel is in decent shape, and it's still stained in a couple places.

Has anyone tried to reprint these graphics on the reels? Is there anywhere to find the original graphics online? I'd prefer that over scanning mine in, as they're stained and it would take a lot of work to clean them up in an editing program.

I was thinking about removing the graphics on the best reel, scanning it, and then re-arranging the graphics for the other two reels.

I was considering either printing on a transparency, or printing on bright white paper and 'laminating' it with packing tape. Just wanted to see if there are any other ideas out there that will make this a little easier.

The thought of trying to get the size and spacing correct is a little daunting, as most of the time I can't get things to print the exact size I want.

Thanks!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Has anyone tried to reprint or print original graphics for their pachislo

Back in the mid 2000s, when machines generally didn't have screens, a lot of people did custom graphics for their pachislos, and the best ones did have new reel graphics (not sure if they were opaque or transparent), but I don't remember how they did it!!

So there are threads here on PT somewhere about that stuff, but not sure if there were any how tos..Sorry, I'm not being very helpful!!

There may be pics online of the reel graphics, but mostly just to show the position or the symbols..not necessarily accurate enough (if they were high enough resolution) to use for new reels..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Has anyone tried to reprint or print original graphics for their pachislo

If you keep an eye on YJA. A replacement set of reels might show up. Then import them with the help of a deputy. But it depends on how quick and how much.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    If you keep an eye on YJA. A replacement set of reels might show up. Then import them with the help of a deputy. But it depends on how quick and how much.
    Hi,

Are there any special search terms to use? I tried slot machine, pachislo, pachislot, aladdin, etc. and didn't see a single thing on there.. I have ordered something through Buyee from there though, so I have been through the process.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Back in the mid 2000s, when machines generally didn't have screens, a lot of people did custom graphics for their pachislos, and the best ones did have new reel graphics (not sure if they were opaque or transparent), but I don't remember how they did it!!

So there are threads here on PT somewhere about that stuff, but not sure if there were any how tos..Sorry, I'm not being very helpful!!
    No, that's fine, I'll take any help! I did find a couple things about the reel graphics, but none of it helpful - like how they got them off the reels, etc.

I'm going to end up figuring it out myself, but I have at least 1 reel that has all the symbols that I need on it, then I can just re-arrange them for the way they are on the other 2 reels..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm working on this right now. I got the strips off the reels, and scanned, and I've spent quite a lot of time cleaning up the images, and replacing images that were too damaged to clean up. I have a local print shop that can print up to 26 inches, which is only 1/2 inch shorter than the actual reel strips. I just have to get the time to get to the next step of delivering the images in the correct format, and getting them printed. I'll keep you posted!

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TheRealAnubis

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAnubis View Post
    Hi,

Are there any special search terms to use? I tried slot machine, pachislo, pachislot, aladdin, etc. and didn't see a single thing on there.. I have ordered something through Buyee from there though, so I have been through the process.

Thanks!

Ah sorry. I missed this post.

Well there is Aladdin
    https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...laddin&x=0&y=0

or アラジン

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...3%B3&x=15&y=33

or リール

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...B&sc_i=auc_sug

but you might need a good eye for that one.

Good luck with the cleaning.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam