Thread: 1st time pachislo owner Aladdin II Sammy - full of mouse nests, pee and poo...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1st time pachislo owner Aladdin II Sammy - full of mouse nests, pee and poo...

Hello all!

I just picked up my first Pachislo machine - an Aladdin II Sammy. The guy told me it worked fine when he put it in the barn.. I should have looked closer, but hey, I love tinkering with new stuff so...

Got it home and noticed mouse nests just inside the grab holes on top. Got it opened (no key) and it had a giant mouse nest sitting across the inside of all 3 reels, and spilling out both sides. The token shooter was full of poo and nest bits and apparently had so much pee on it that it was rusted in place.

I wasn't sure how this was all going to go, but I already bought it, so I kept going. Got all the nests out, used a ton of bleach wipes (which are like gold now in the covid age), and got most of the surfaces clean, then used an airhose to get any leftover bits out.

I pulled out the coin hopper and motor and used an airhose to blow most of the stuff out. Inside the holes were several tokens that were crusted with mouse pee and poo, and they were really stuck in there.

I started out with a lot of PB blaster, which smells horrible, but usually works. I finally got the shooter to rotate backwards a little at a time, then finally fairly free. It took more PB blaster and time to get the motor freed up. The pee created a ton of rust on the mechanism that it took several cleanings before it would actually shoot out a token. I may remove the phone dial part of the mech using the set screw on the motor, and fully clean and polish the mech.

I also worked on the sensor arm down there that apparently counts the tokens as they are ejected. Not sure if this is working yet, though, as the machine only came with maybe 50 tokens (on payout I get a Hopper Empty error).

I did find 2 sheets of paper inside that were faxed back in 1995 on the operation of the machine. It doesn't explain it all, but it's a good start, especially when describing how to do resets, change the odds, etc. None of the online stuff has been exactly for my model, so that was a good point. I'd be happy to include them in the downloads section when I get a minute to make them a PDF.

Now we get to where I need some advice. I'm planning on removing the reels, power supply, etc. and getting some baking soda and water and going at the inside of the cabinet, which reeks of mouse pee. Even after loads of bleach wipes, it still smells. I have QD cleaner for the circuit boards (excluding the main board, as it's above the mouse area and encased in plastic with holes in it), and I may even repaint the metal brackets and such inside after they're cleaned - the pee has etched the paint on the top of almost everything.

What do you recommend for cleaning the reels? There is some pee that made it through to the front of the reels that were straight down and had the mouse nests in them. They seem very sturdy, and fragile at the same time. Is the artwork between two or more layers of plastic? Has anyone had to soak them to get the stains out? I don't want to mess it up, as it seems to be a pretty fun little machine. I spent a full 8 hour day working on it with some help from my 10 year old son, who is jazzed to play it.

I have it working, other than knowing about that sensor on the token shooter, and the token counter (when you insert tokens) doesn't always add 1 to the credits/medals counter. Also, I have no key for the front lock (and no number inside on the plate by the lock either), so I've removed the locking brackets inside for now.

Any cleaning or maintenance tips would be appreciated!
    Thank you!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to TheRealAnubis

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1st time pachislo owner Aladdin II Sammy - full of mouse nests, pee and poo.

WELCOME!!!

I don't have any cleaning tips, but way to go on trying to save that poor pachi!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1st time pachislo owner Aladdin II Sammy - full of mouse nests, pee and poo.

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The main tip I need is cleaning the reels. I may just place the assembly in a pan of water with the pee sides down and see if it will soak out. I'm afraid to use any types of cleaners as it may remove the ink.

I'll be sure to do some before and after pix once I've finished!

Thanks!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TheRealAnubis

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS