Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KPE Metal Gear Pachislo E8 Error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default KPE Metal Gear Pachislo E8 Error

Hiya,

I purchased a KPE Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater Pachislo a little over a year ago. I have been keeping it unplugged (except when using it) to prevent any stray electrical issues from hitting the machine. Turning it on today I receive an E-8 error I cannot clear.

From what I read, E-8 is often associated with the hopper. I have both a hopper and a hopper bypass (coin insert) button. Both do not clear this error. I have also read that E-8 can be associated with keeping the device off too long and a particular capacitor discharging to the point where it causes issues.
    I'm casting a wide net here. Is there any chance someone has additional information? I cannot preform a reset (as far as I know) because I do not have a key. I can open the door, but the key for reset is inside and isn't the same as the one for the door. Alternative/additionally, does anyone have a resource for obtaining operation manuals or keys for KPE devices?

I found the manual at:

https://www.konami.com/amusement/psm...m_all2016.html

I don't have a log in, and it'll probably be in Japanese anyways, but i'd still like to get my hands on it.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: KPE Metal Gear Pachislo E8 Error

My guess is you'll have to reset it.. Most people without a reset key replace the keyed switch with a simple on off switch!!

Have you tried turning the door key to the left, I'm not sure a soft reset will work, but worth a try!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I actually couldn't find my post after posting it, so apologies for the delay.

I may be incorrect about the "reset" key. There is a lock inside the unit but I am not sure what it is used for. The key that opens the door also have some kind of function when turned to the LEFT (right opens the door). I know there is some kind of action because when I turn it to the left, a light on the main board lights up. Do you happen to be familiar with the KPE pachislo machines?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, I don't know much about KPE machines.. Post some pics of your machine.. Especially the lock inside..

The front door key will do a soft reset.. but I still think you'll need a do a full reset to get rid of your error..

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good, Sharp Photos of the Whole machine (inside and out) will help us help you.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have uploaded them. The urls are below:

https://imgur.com/zAZ1vRe
    https://imgur.com/riYwgi7
    https://imgur.com/QhiKBtY
    https://imgur.com/ElSVpHi
    https://imgur.com/35fArRE

As a side note, I noticed a few images unlreated to my issue, but definately related to why I purchased this Pachislo:

https://imgur.com/5HLeqpQ
    https://imgur.com/CCx87Jh
    https://imgur.com/Kg3k0y7

When I turn the door key to the left, I see a button on the backboard of main (center) board light up, as if it's capable of doing an action. I can't image them making that a feedback if nothing were used from the feedback. Neither the left key turn or the red reset button clear this error.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to InoSiX

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I meant post the photos photo's on this Thread . We do have a image uploader on the reply box on the Threads.

The links you posted I can't really see them that clearly. And the app is not available on my kindle fire.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

zAZ1vRe.jpg riYwgi7.jpg QhiKBtY.jpg ElSVpHi.jpg 35fArRE.jpg

The insert image file selector doesn't seem to work. These are all jpg, however they are sizabe. Perhaps there is a filesize limit. The pop up provides no warning, just fails to do anything after hitting "upload image". I had to use the URLs from the imgur and use the "Insert Image - URL" function. These look tiny in the preview, hopefully they look fine after post.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to InoSiX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a 2mb size limit per picture..

I would assume that the keyhole in pic two is for doing resets?? Unless there's another one hiding out somewhere..

Hopefully someone with a similar machine will be by that can be of more help!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I cannot be 100% sure, but yes, the key in the top right of the second picture is one of the places I have been eyeballing for a little now. The door key does not fit in this position as the lock appears to accept a key that is more similar to a standard pad lock. I was very fortunate to reach out to an individual that otherwise sells (and possibly repairs?) Pachislo/Pachinko in general. I would shout him out here as thanks under no direction from him, but I think the forum rules suggest it isn't appropriate. I did purchase a manual from him for my Pachislo, however it is exclusively in Japanese. It's better than nothing!

Additionally, without prompting from me, he offered to loan me the key for the lock in the second picture, with the obvious expectation of sending it back. I am very, very thankful for this, and he refused any compensation for this loan. I cannot say that if I had some complete rando on the internet reach out to me about something like this that I would even offer (especially unprompted) to send a "one of a kind" key, one that I didn't have a means of acquiring a new copy of. Regardless, I do have this bookmarked and will update with any information I find in the manual. Thanks again to this anonymous helper!

If anyone has anything to add relating to the E-8 issues on Konami (KPE) pachislo, I would be happy to hear it!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

My KPE Magical Halloween 2 has the reset key switch on the circuit board.
    I sourced a replacment key off the YJA auctions. But I had to do some research first to make sure I brought the right key. If someone will lend one. The psotage would eb a lot less. But if you leave the machine off for a period of time. You will have the same issue.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...C++kpe&x=0&y=0
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-01-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is what I did, leave it off for a while. I thought I was doing myself a favor by fully unplugging it. I did see others suggesting replacing the capacitor with a watch battery. Not sure if that would be a wise choice, but it's an idea.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Feel free to mention vendors..especially if they give you good service!!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by InoSiX View Post

Additionally, without prompting from me, he offered to loan me the key for the lock in the second picture, with the obvious expectation of sending it back. I am very, very thankful for this, and he refused any compensation for this loan. I cannot say that if I had some complete rando on the internet reach out to me about something like this that I would even offer (especially unprompted) to send a "one of a kind" key, one that I didn't have a means of acquiring a new copy of. Regardless, I do have this bookmarked and will update with any information I find in the manual. Thanks again to this anonymous helper!
    when you have a copy of that key cut your might consider getting a few cut.. with this post you may have interest in getting a copy of your copy,, glad to read your heading in the right direction
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The gent that assisted me was Bill with PlasmaInfusion.com. Although I can only speak to my brief experience, judging by his tone of voice and knowledge of the subject, I would suggest interested folks are in good hands reaching out to PlasmaInfusion.com

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to InoSiX

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bill with PlasmaInfusion.com came through with the key. Stamped on the top half of the key is "M257" for anyone looking into this in the future. I am not sure if all compatible keys have the same stamped number, but all the same, the info is there. The process was straight forward. Simply putting the key in, turing it to the right, and starting up the machine brought me to the hidden "settings" screen. This immediately got rid of the error (no additional input required). I did spend a few minutes looking at the screen however before turning the key back to the original position without turning it off. I spent the better part of 10 minutes playing.

I attempted to get a key made from 3 different locksmiths. They don't seem like they are equipped for these types of keys. I did look into using the JP eBay to obtain a key, thanks for suggesting that. Also, thanks for suggesting turning the door key to the left. I didn't know that was a reset action. I have cleared a few coins mech errors using that trick without having to open the door.

I want to thank Bill with PlasmaInfusion.com again for loaning me the key.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to InoSiX

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unless its the wrong type.
    M257 come up with a Kawazaki yamaha key

If so try your local dealers, Its worth a shot. Just don't tell them its for a slot machine

http://www.yokohama-fuki.com/137_4711.html

does look simialr to this one for a Lupin pachislo
    https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m34112898258/
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Unless its the wrong type.
    M257 come up with a Kawazaki yamaha key

If so try your local dealers, Its worth a shot. Just don't tell them its for a slot machine

http://www.yokohama-fuki.com/137_4711.html

does look simialr to this one for a Lupin pachislo
    https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m34112898258/
    Thanks for taking the time to show share some additional resources. That key shape looks identical to the key I was loaned.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by InoSiX View Post
    Hiya,

I purchased a KPE Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater Pachislo a little over a year ago. I have been keeping it unplugged (except when using it) to prevent any stray electrical issues from hitting the machine. Turning it on today I receive an E-8 error I cannot clear.
    Sorry for the late reply, I just found this topic and registered to answer you. ^^

I had this error (E.8 RWMエラー) and I think it's quite common, because it's normal to leave your pachislo off for a long time (about 3 to 4 weeks for this error to appear). The solution is easy but you do need to have the key you mentioned, in order to turn on the settings (if I understood well, you have found this key).

What you need to do is to turn the power off, then turn the settings key (horizontal position). Turn the power on and you'll get the settings screen (in which you can change the date or set your birthday). Now you just need to exit this screen: first, push the lever down once, then turn the key back (vertical position). Close the door and the usual title screen will appear.

Don't try to reset the machine, it's not necessary for this error.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to flying_fox

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast