Thread: Need help understanding this: "Foul" hole doesn't go anywhere [Nishijin C]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help understanding this: "Foul" hole doesn't go anywhere [Nishijin C]

So I got what appears to be an old Nishijin C model from a family member. Spent a few days cleaning it out and it looks like everything works, though I won't be able to test it fully until I get more balls. I've got a pretty good understanding of how everything works however.

Here's what I don't understand: on this machine the foul hole just...dead ends? Any balls that go in there go down the side of the playfield and across a white ramp. The problem is the opening at the end of the ramp just dead-ends at the assembly behind the swing-out door: there's no mating hole for the balls to go into, so they just stack up on the ramp.

It looks like there's a piece designed to be cut out where the balls would go (third photo, above the green sticker) but if I did that the balls would just get stuck in that assembly with nowhere to go. Anybody know what's going on here?

I'm wondering if this machine was cobbled together? It's a fully mechanical machine, but the label on the front says "Elex Rotary" despite there not being any...well...elex. The sticker on the back lists a 10V and a 24V input, but the only wiring is the normal 10V stuff for the lamps. It definitely doesn't look like anything's missing from the back or that any 24V components were removed: the back looks just like the photos online of a Nishijin C model.

Suggestions or insights greatly appreciated!

IMG_0951.jpeg IMG_0952.jpeg IMG_0953.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help understanding this: "Foul" hole doesn't go anywhere [Nishijin C]

Appears your missing the extra piece in the door. You could notch a hole in the white piece on the playfield to drop the foul ball onto the shooter track if you can't locate the correct loader piece for the door.20200903_083859-1.jpg

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help understanding this: "Foul" hole doesn't go anywhere [Nishijin C]

Thanks, looks like that's how it should be. Weird that it appears to never have been there, though?

I assume there should an opening in the side of the green ramp on the right that mates up with the white piece? Mine doesn't seem to have that opening either. I'm wondering if this machine got pieced together incorrectly from a couple other machines...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Correct on the hole in the green piece. Completely different door perhaps.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoose View Post
    So I got what appears to be an old Nishijin C model from a family member. Spent a few days cleaning it out and it looks like everything works, though I won't be able to test it fully until I get more balls. I've got a pretty good understanding of how everything works however.

Here's what I don't understand: on this machine the foul hole just...dead ends? Any balls that go in there go down the side of the playfield and across a white ramp. The problem is the opening at the end of the ramp just dead-ends at the assembly behind the swing-out door: there's no mating hole for the balls to go into, so they just stack up on the ramp.

It looks like there's a piece designed to be cut out where the balls would go (third photo, above the green sticker) but if I did that the balls would just get stuck in that assembly with nowhere to go. Anybody know what's going on here?

I'm wondering if this machine was cobbled together? It's a fully mechanical machine, but the label on the front says "Elex Rotary" despite there not being any...well...elex. The sticker on the back lists a 10V and a 24V input, but the only wiring is the normal 10V stuff for the lamps. It definitely doesn't look like anything's missing from the back or that any 24V components were removed: the back looks just like the photos online of a Nishijin C model.

Suggestions or insights greatly appreciated!
    Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Appears your missing the extra piece in the door. You could notch a hole in the white piece on the playfield to drop the foul ball onto the shooter track if you can't locate the correct loader piece for the door.20200903_083859-1.jpg
    great pic.. i don't think i have ever seen one set up like that before.. most machines just drop the ball back to the shooter to be shot again..

neat setup
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, neat, except it doesn't work! Fortunately it looks like I was able to get the correct parts from Pachinko Boy online, so hopefully this'll be up and working in a few days.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to MrMoose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I installed the correct white ramp and green chute on my assembly and everything is working now. Thanks again for the help, all!

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrMoose