Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Current Collection

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking The Current Collection

Recently started collecting & restoring Pachislos. (Yes, I know two of these are Pachinkos LOL) Here is the current collection.
    What do you guys think each of these machines is worth, curious to see if I paid too much LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheGoondockSaint; 08-21-2020 at 01:33 PM.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to TheGoondockSaint

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The Current Collection

First of all Welcome to Pachitalk! Second...since I'm a vintage pachinko guy, I will limit my comments to the 2 LOVELY pachinko machines you have.
    Both machines have very nice chrome and vivid colourful cells! Something most machines don't have...and is an expensive and/or labour intensive fix if needed! That is a BIG plus for you! The Mizuho has what looks like a drywall screw in the frame. While unappealing, it probably hides a more unsightly flaw. Not that big of a deal. I'm assuming that the backs look as nice as the front.
    I have always tried to keep my vintage machines (plus shipping...at one point!) under $100.00. It is now hard to find a good machine listed for less than $100.00 That being said...plus the "how many balls" variable; I would say anything less than $250.00, with 2,000 balls included...would be a good deal. Of course, getting them for less is always a great deal!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 08-21-2020 at 02:11 PM.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    First of all Welcome to Pachitalk! Second...since I'm a vintage pachinko guy, I will limit my comments to the 2 LOVELY pachinko machines you have.
    Both machines have very nice chrome and vivid colourful cells! Something most machines don't have...and is an expensive and/or labour intensive fix if needed! That is a BIG plus for you! The Mizuho has what looks like a drywall screw in the frame. While unappealing, it probably hides a more unsightly flaw. Not that big of a deal. I'm assuming that the backs look as nice as the front.
    I have always tried to keep my vintage machines (plus shipping...at one point!) under $100.00. It is now hard to find a good machine listed for less than $100.00 That being said...plus the "how many balls" variable; I would say anything less than $250.00, with 2,000 balls included...would be a good deal. Of course, getting them for less is always a great deal!

I ended up paying 120 per machine there and about 800 or so balls. Both machines are fully working the backs are in decent shape. Mizuho is 9v battery and the Sanyo is 110v to run the gondola and 9v AC adapter to run lighting, which I may strip off and go to a 9v battery to save a plug or do some simple circuitry to use single plug for both motor and lights. They are fun machines.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to TheGoondockSaint

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried to reply before but I think it erred out.
    Both machines are fully working and the backs seems to be in good shape, no missing pieces etc. I paid 120 per machine, both from same guy.
    I do have a question about the second bell. Occasionally when I hit a tulip or pocket a second bell rings and I get a random amount of balls back in the lower tray... What is that about?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Probably a temporary hold on posts from new members 'till an admin looks at it.
    Just temporary 'till you are established. I guess to protect from spambots and people with no sense. (as far as I know)

9. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Probably a temporary hold on posts from new members 'till an admin looks at it.
    Just temporary 'till you are established. I guess to protect from spambots and people with no sense. (as far as I know)
    Yea that's what it was "moderator approval" I missed the little message about it the first time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Run the gondola...? Tell me more!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Run the gondola...? Tell me more!
    The center Gondola rotates on that machine and if you hit it, then all the tulips on the board that are closed will bloom. Pretty fun little effect.
    So once you have nailed all the tulips your best bet is to aim for the Gondola to make em bloom (re-open) all at once.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to TheGoondockSaint

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoondockSaint View Post
    The center Gondola rotates on that machine and if you hit it, then all the tulips on the board that are closed will bloom. Pretty fun little effect.
    So once you have nailed all the tulips your best bet is to aim for the Gondola to make em bloom (re-open) all at once.
    That process is done on most vintages mechanically. Does yours have an electric motor to rotate the center? If so...pics, please!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That process is done on most vintages mechanically. Does yours have an electric motor to rotate the center? If so...pics, please!
    This looks stock with an electric motor and transformer mounted in the cabinet. I'll get a pic tonight for you, maybe this was just modded very cleanly and isn't stock.
    How would it have rotated mechanically? Maybe some sort of mech that rotates it a notch every lever flip?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Upload from mobile doesn't work too well. Here is a link to images.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UBzbhuFSvq67Evn4A

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I get time I'm going to actually solder and shrink tube all wiring connections to clean it up better but it works fine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That machine then is definitely worth a bunch more money. I LOVE the machines that you have to plug in, but still have the 70s design and manual shooter.
    This puts it in the same category as the PowerFlash machines, Circuit Racer, Power Roulette, etc.
    WANTED: 10¥ candystore games, pre-1950s Japanese machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1948 Bally Heavy Hitter, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    willing to ship from anywhere.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

more pics please.. please post them hear so there saved for posterity.. better pics of the front

damn neat machine..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    more pics please.. please post them hear so there saved for posterity.. better pics of the front

damn neat machine..
    I'll try to do more pics, I've found some on Pinterest that are this same machine and it too has the motor but I think these pics are the actual one I have here which is interesting lol.

I'll do more comparison tomorrow and see if the pics I found online actually are the machine I have here. I am not able to find any other pics of this model online anywhere else.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok so I was curious and went and checked. This guy on Pinterest posted pictures of this exact machine. So at one point in time this guy owned it.

https://www.pinterest.com/thejunkpun...nball-machine/
    I'm not finding this machine anywhere else online.
    Last edited by TheGoondockSaint; 08-22-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the machine in Pinterest is the same model as yours but it is not the exact same machine..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the machine in Pinterest is the same model as yours but it is not the exact same machine..
    Are the serial numbers not unique? Because mine match those photos.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe what I looked at wasn't a serial number though lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

subtle differences between the machines,

your machine still has the little sticky thing that is intended to hold the wire to the center motor.. the other machine has residue from where it was stuck to the machine and it was stuck slightly higher then yours is..

other diff as well

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast