Thread: Transformer Question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Transformer Question

Hey guys,

So I have a pachislo arriving from FromJapan tomorrow It's a Re:zero machine from Daitou. I believe the input is 100V as the listing said it can be plugged straight into the mains in Japan. I will of course check once the machine arrives.

My question is regarding a suitable transformer, assuming it is a 100V input. Other than Airlink Transformers, I couldn't find anything that converts UK 230V down to 100V. On my existing pachislos (both Daitou), the seller had installed a 230V to 115V step down transformer which then fed into the factory 100V to 24V (?) transformer. I therefore started looking for transformers that outputs ~115V.

After looking around, I decided on the Bronson++ TI 200W from Amazon. I chose the 200W as the existing pachislos I have seem to be rated at 120W, so I thought 200W would give it enough headroom. The product image also shows a 110V socket, and the description mentions 110V as well.

However, I checked the output with a voltmeter once it arrived, and it's outputting 120V.

My question is, do you guys know whether or not 120V is safe to use with the factory 100V transformer? Or do I risk letting out the magic smoke? I did try searching the forum but couldn't really find an answer, though my impression is some people in the US just plug it straight into their 120V mains? I'm itching to play as soon as it arrives, but obviously wouldn't want to risk frying it!

Thanks in advance!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Transformer Question

I used to use the 240-110vac 300watt Maplins used to sell. They are made to be used with US appliances. But I've been running my slots with them for years without a problem. Also. They have the correct socket on them so you just plug in

https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/electri...SABEgJHQPD_BwE

Beware. Some pachislos are 100v, some are 24v. I have one of each and they have the same plug in them. So check and double check before wiring and plugging in. As 100v on a 24v machine will fry it.

Also note. A standard isolation transformer will give different voltage output depending on the load on it.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 07-19-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your reply Ian, very helpful! Sounds like I'm good to go as long as the machine takes 100v rather than 24v.

And that's interesting to know about the variation in voltage based on the load. Will have a read

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check the data plate of the machine before plugging it in. Also If its supplied from a Japan seller via FromJapan. If it is a 24v machine. It might have a 100-24v transformer already in it.
    Did you get it from a shop or a YJA listing? Also I would appreciate it. If you can list your shipping charges on the FromJapan thread. As its useful for the rest of us who import now and again. Of course. If you wish you can keep the purchase price a secret.

I have the RE:zero Ram and Rem bunnies in my cabinet. But then again. I would.

Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, will take a proper look before plugging anything in. Thanks for all the pointers!

I bought from a YJA listing. I believe the seller is a business rather than an individual selling their own machines.

Yeah sure, happy to add a breakdown of the cost. I think I read the thread you're referring to, which gave me confidence to use FJ. Is it this one?

And haha fair. Never bought any figurines myself but that looks super high quality! Have you started watching season 2?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats the right thread.

Not watch S2 yet
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Added!

And yeah I haven't either. I don't really like waiting around for new episodes, so I'll probably wait until the whole of season 2 is out before watching it.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Hodaka

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Package arrived today, so I added a follow up with dimensions and overall experience to that thread.

Also just to confirm the Bronson++ 200W transformer I purchased is working great with the machine.

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Hodaka

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just received a 2016 Daiichi Superman pachislo from Japan directly. It has a 100 volt supply plug with no transformer installed. In previous threads, it has been said that 100 volt machines can be plugged into a USA 110 volt outlet with no issues. I have an issue. The machine will not turn on. Only the red light on the 100 volt power supply will light. The odds number from 0 to 6 will light but not change numbers when the button is pressed. I also see a cloister of about 10 red lights in the upper left corner on the front of the machine.

Based on my limited knowledge, I believe I am in need of a 110v to 100v step down transformer. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    65E72584-95E5-4EFA-8B20-047F083D2211.jpegF6F58D31-6AC2-429D-B39B-A82328E4B378.jpeg19030670-89A7-4042-B8C7-B3C87FB33516.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a pachinko. No odds settings on that one. All pachinkos are 24vac. You have a 100 to 24 vac transformer wired in. I would get a 230-24 v transformer rather than running 2.

Pachinko also have a power switch located somewhere on the back

Scrap that. Its from a different member in the USA. Yes. You should be able to plug that transformer straight into your US outlet.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 07-23-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry. Pachinko not pachislo. I have both. I did plug this in my US outlet and it will not fire up. Yes, I turned the power switch on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, Oh

You say that you have No Transformer and only a two prong plug ?

The Pachinko Machine works with a Transformer taking the wall voltage (100vac in Japan ) to 24 volts a.c. In the U.S. 120 volts a.c. To 24 volts a.c.

If your power supply board did not smoke maybe you have only blown a fuse or two.

If not you will have to replace the power supply board ( usually the one with the switch on it ).
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 07-23-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pictures indicate a japanese 100-24v transformer rated at 12.5A Should be good for that machine as long as its still wired in.
    Got any good pictures of the back. It might be something has come dislodged in transit.
    Start by following the wire from the black transformer to the power switch and see what outputs are from there.
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam