Thread: Machine not taking coins.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Machine not taking coins.

Hi! Newbie here.

Just got a Neo Magic Pulsar (according to this manual https://www.pachislodb.com/manuals/Yamasa.pdf a "Type 3", don't know if that helps), which in short takes the coin but throws it away to the tray immediatly and has a cable disconnected.

Here's a little background of the problem:
    • Previous owner dissasembled the coin taking mechanism because someone inserted different kinds of coins.
    • He solved the jamm but afterwards it would just say E-0 on the screen.

Today I got the machine, opened it and realized that some cables were desoldered ("CN4" component with yellow cables in photos) and another was disconnected ("CN3"also in photos).
    After resoldering the CN4 cables the E-0 error dissapeared, BUT the moment I insert coins they don't go to the coin holder but to the tray (because of this, I get no credits everytime I put coins in).

This leaves me with two questions:

1. What can I do to solve or at least identify the issue that makes the coins go immediately to the tray?
    2. The CN3 appears to connect nowhere, where should it be inserted into?

I'll leave some photos down, first being of the whole circuits from behind the door, second with a zoomed view of the CN4 and CN3 cables, and third with the CN4 cables that I soldered back.

I would appreciate any help!

IMG_4924.jpgIMG_4926.jpg3BF26A9A-03FB-4137-88B6-AF3811068D62.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dmmen

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Machine not taking coins.

Someone tried to convert it to take actual currency (Very Illegal) .

The Japanese machines are NonMetallic Tokens so it's tokens in tokens out .

Have you done a odds Reset ?
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You appear to have some wire bundles terminating in the wrong places.

Please see the image below, from my Neo Magic Pulsar.

I believe you need to swap your connections on CN1 and CN3. Give that a shot and retest!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also re: you comment that "The CN3 appears to connect nowhere, where should it be inserted into?" That component should be connected to CN1, and is the "reset sensor" which is merely mounted directly below CN1. You can see that in my image.

Hope this helps!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to ForgiveR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey! Thanks for your answer. Sadly I still ecountered some problems:

Before rewiring I did another reset, and I got the E-0 (apparently the resoldering wasn't all of the problem).
    Did the rewiring (as you can see below), another reset and got the same error, so... what could be wrong with the machine?

IMG_4930.jpg

P.S. I see from your photo that mine is lacking the transparent plastic coin taker, could that be one of the problems? As far as I tested, mine does not have problems taking the coin from the slot, but they go to the tray once they reach the enlongated "hole" behind the component that has the red sticker (below CN4, let's say).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ForgiveR View Post
    Also re: you comment that "The CN3 appears to connect nowhere, where should it be inserted into?" That component should be connected to CN1, and is the "reset sensor" which is merely mounted directly below CN1. You can see that in my image.

Hope this helps!
    Hey! Thanks for your answer. Sadly I still ecountered some problems:

Before rewiring I did another reset, and I got the E-0 (apparently the resoldering wasn't all of the problem).
    Did the rewiring (as you can see below), another reset and got the same error, so... what could be wrong with the machine?

P.S. I see from your photo that mine is lacking the transparent plastic coin taker, could that be one of the problems? As far as I tested, mine does not have problems taking the coin from the slot, but they go to the tray once they reach the enlongated "hole" behind the component that has the red sticker (below CN4, let's say).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post

Someone tried to convert it to take actual currency (Very Illegal) .

The Japanese machines are NonMetallic Tokens so it's tokens in tokens out .

Have you done a odds Reset ?
    Sadly the reset only brought back the E-0 code.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll have to leave more detailed E-0 troubleshooting to those on this board with more expertise, but below is a better view of the missing plastic piece you mentioned. I suspect you could install a small piece of plastic and use the left-hand screw shown in my image to hold that piece in place. I don't suspect that the part being gone would cause E-0, but I'm willing to bet that with it missing, your tokens are dropping into the return before they get added for a credit. Try dropping tokens in from the front while you watch from inside the door. That might reveal something.

Apologies in advance for the dirty nature of this machine. It needs about 5 more hours detailed cleanup, at least.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like someone is 3D printing a replacement part. Available on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PACHISLO-YA...MAAOSwu2Re1nju

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ForgiveR

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

IF you get an error as soon as its switched on. It probaly means one of the photocel sensors is faulty so the machine asumes the sensor is blocked. Does it still do it with the coin mech disconnected (obviously you can't play it like this)
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll have to leave more detailed E-0 troubleshooting to those on this board with more expertise, but below is a better view of the missing plastic piece you mentioned. I suspect you could install a small piece of plastic and using the left-hand screw shown in my image to hold that piece in place. I don't suspect that the part being gone would cause E-0, but I'm willing to bet that with it missing, your tokens are dropping into the return before they get added for a credit. Try dropping tokens in from the front while you watch from inside the door. That might reveal something.

Apologies in advance for the dirty nature of this machine. It needs about 5 more hours detailed cleanup, at least.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Apologies for the double post. Ty!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ForgiveR View Post
    I'll have to leave more detailed E-0 troubleshooting to those on this board with more expertise, but below is a better view of the missing plastic piece you mentioned. I suspect you could install a small piece of plastic and use the left-hand screw shown in my image to hold that piece in place. I don't suspect that the part being gone would cause E-0, but I'm willing to bet that with it missing, your tokens are dropping into the return before they get added for a credit. Try dropping tokens in from the front while you watch from inside the door. That might reveal something.

I agree totally, it adds to the problem but it's not the problem itself. Thanks for the ebay link! I'll look into it.

Let's hope someone can shine a light into the E-0 situation.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    IF you get an error as soon as its switched on. It probaly means one of the photocel sensors is faulty so the machine asumes the sensor is blocked. Does it still do it with the coin mech disconnected (obviously you can't play it like this)
    Correct, as soon as it is switched on I get the message (same thing with it being disconnected). So should I be looking for another spare part? (for example https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RARE-PA...QAAOSw54hdH72e)

19. The following user says "Thanks" to dmmen

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same issue here, sounds like the photo eye. Just ordered new ones from China, 35 day lead time through Aliexpress. Part was under $2, just have to resolder( P1002A) was the part number.
    I switched parts from my working unit. Now I need to find that same coin mechanism, shoot and hopper that was pulled from the machine. Funny thing is that they left the photo eye behind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlypower2001 View Post
    Same issue here, sounds like the photo eye. Just ordered new ones from China, 35 day lead time through Aliexpress. Part was under $2, just have to resolder( P1002A) was the part number.
    I switched parts from my working unit. Now I need to find that same coin mechanism, shoot and hopper that was pulled from the machine. Funny thing is that they left the photo eye behind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances