Thread: Replacing switchs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Replacing switchs

Hello all,
    while I'm in the process of building my cabinet for my machine I'm looking at the wiring, lights and switches. I can find 3 switches, with 2 being readily accessible and the 3rd is well what I'm asking about.

In this photo the 2 yellow arrows point to 2 switches but the blue arrow is my problem.
    31213493248_220fbd4a8d_o by kckndrgn, on Flickr

here's a close up of the area:
    2020-07-09_09-19-51 by kckndrgn, on Flickr

That looks like it will require taking most of the back of the machine off to get to it, is there a simple way to get that switch? Is this the "ball out" switch to let the player know when they are out of balls?

I will be converting the lights to LED's as well, how FUN!

Thanks a bunch

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Replacing switchs

unable to view pics.. can you post them directly hear??

Quote Originally Posted by kckndrgn View Post
    Hello all,
    while I'm in the process of building my cabinet for my machine I'm looking at the wiring, lights and switches. I can find 3 switches, with 2 being readily accessible and the 3rd is well what I'm asking about.

In this photo the 2 yellow arrows point to 2 switches but the blue arrow is my problem.
    31213493248_220fbd4a8d_o by kckndrgn, on Flickr

here's a close up of the area:
    2020-07-09_09-19-51 by kckndrgn, on Flickr

That looks like it will require taking most of the back of the machine off to get to it, is there a simple way to get that switch? Is this the "ball out" switch to let the player know when they are out of balls?

I will be converting the lights to LED's as well, how FUN!

Thanks a bunch
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmm, pics are links to flckr and I've never had a problem with pictures not showing up.
    50094819456_58e26be08d_o.jpg

50094013046_c1cdfd9f28_k.jpg

Do these work?

4. The following user says "Thanks" to kckndrgn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The yellow arrows point to leaf switches. The top one is for your "ball out" light and the lower one is for a "win". Most of the time the "ball out" light is in the upper corner of the machine (as with yours)
    The lower bulb is probably for a "win". Without seeing the front of the machine I don't know what that light lines up with in the front. Where do the white and blue wires go to? A switch in the front of the machine?
    Can you include a pic of the front of your machine please?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just took a closer look at your pic.... On top of your seesaw is a wire that sticks up vertically. Has a bit of red (plastic) on it? That is designed to push the two leaves together of the leaf switch. Right now in the picture, it is in between the leaves. Needs to be to the left of both leaves as it will move to the right and push the leaves together completing the circuit when a win is made.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you MagicDan,
    Yes I know that about the bottom switch, the lead is bent and it will not stay in position. I've "fixed" it a few times but after a couple of times moving it's back to this position.

Here is the full front of the machine:
    Front_Pachinko.jpg

and here is where the yellow/blue wires go to in the front:
    switch_front.jpg
    This is behind a light cover, it's hard to see but there is another leaf switch (can just barely make out the top of it. I think this is the "ball out" switch. Just to the left is a view hole to see some balls when playing.
    The hidden switch activates the light that is right next to it, the yellow, hand drawn arrow in the close up picture.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can bend those copper leaves quite a bit. I have to adjust them on just about every machine. I’m pretty sure you have two ball out lights. One in the upper right and the one that is low on you machine near the launch handle. Not sure that there is a switch jammed behind that area. Usually only two switches. Multiple lights but only two switches. Your circuits are relatively simple. Power goes in one side of a switch or light and out the other side. Continues to a switch or light and the returns. You should be able to trace the circuits and find out what controls what.
    Or you could pack it up, send it to me and I’ll restore it for you! ��
    Good luck with it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, there is definitely some kind of switch behind that plate. Tracing the wires it's what activates the light bulb next to it. I got a couple of balls in that area and checked with connectivity and the circuit completed, so the switch appears to be working.

Here is where i put a ball in that activated the switch.
    Ball1.jpg

From the front:
    Ball2.jpg

The balls are ejected from here using the teal level on the front:
    Ball3.jpg

So, as long as the switch is working, I'm not going to dig into it further.

The other switch you mentioned that had the bar in the wrong place, i needed to bend the bar back a bit. Otherwise it went forward too far and would let one side of the switch get behind it. I had to clean up the contact pads of the 2 switches I had access to and they now work, yeah!

One step closer and when I get done with this machine I'll work on the one that my sister has. My dad brought home 2 while he was in the navy.