Thread: New Arrangeball Project

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Arrangeball Project

Hello all! This is my first project. I currently have zero knowledge of these machines, but it just looked so cool it was hard to pass up. I was wondering if you might throw some knowledge my way regarding this particular machine and any tips for getting it together. I've plugged it in and some of the lights come on, the balls do get stuck and of course, it is dirty as if it has been sitting in someone's garage for many years. I'm not really interested in a complete restoration (at least not yet)...I would just like to get it operational to have a little fun with it. Step 1 is cleaning...I need to know what to look out for. I've taken things apart before with springs flying and no hope of figuring out where it came from. Take a look and let me know what you think! (First 9 photos attached). 2nd post for the rest. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to aeames

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Arrangeball Project

Judging by the fist (rock) in one of the photos, it looks like it is JanKenPon themed, the Japanese version of rock,paper, scissors. Different people may approach getting the machine payable differently. I would add some arrangeball tokens to the payout tube and then insert one into the machine to see if it releases balls. Try firing balls to see if the machine is striking the balls correctly. Open the glass on the machine and drop some balls into the numbers that would generate a payout and see if the machine will payout balls. Drop balls into all the numbers to see if all the bulbs work. After testing all the various features I would then set out to fix anything that wasn't working properly and then do a thorough cleaning. In some cases a cleaning may fix issues if the cause is related to dirty contacts or loose connections, but I generally save that until the last step.

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, unable to edit my post. I meant to say get the machine playable, not payable, although payable is important. Of course, the machine is going to pay out tokens and not balls.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info. You're right a quick diagnostic would be best. When I need to starting cleaning it up and possible replacing items, is it best to remove things one at a time or try a complete disassemble? Here's the rest of the photos I took.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to aeames

Thanks
    Thanks Received

does it turn on even?
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It does turn on. Some of the lights worked when I was able to get a few balls fired. I've only tried it once so far and there were only about 6 or 7 balls that I could cycle through. It's extremely dusty so I thought a clean would be the first order. Any ideas on the best way to clean it up without having to take it all apart?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That fist in the corner is typical of the Taiyo. One of the back boards says Golden Line.

Full front pic please. Looks complete and I hope it all works.

You could blow things out with air but caution around the circuit boards.

You will need 16 balls and some tokens.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, it would only let me post a limited number of pictures. There are more coming. The front of says "Lucky Zone".

Thanks
    Thanks Received

these are my favorite machines.. love Arrangeball machines

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that's a really nice machine. i know it's tempting but i wouldn't power it on again until you've thoroughly gone through it and checked for loose electrical connections, bad fuses, etc. i'd very carefully pull off the connectors from the circuit boards and check for corrosion and if all good, plug them back in and make sure they're properly seated. there's no spare parts for these machines so if you fry something, that may be the end of it. having aid that, some generic circuit board components MAY have modern equivalents but many of these machines have proprietary chips that are impossible to replace. myself and others have been down that road before multiple times.
    the clear green rotating rotating wheel governs payouts (and the game start/stop sequence) and can be problematic if the traces aren't clean and making proper contact with the contacts on the arms.
    check what's written on the transformer in terms of fuses and check the fuses to make sure they match.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Translated the instruction card for you:

How to play
    If you insert metal, 16 balls will come out.
    When the lamps are aligned in the row, there is a top point, 1 point, 2 points, 4 points, and 1 column in all.
    When a ball enters the lucky chucker of Lucky Toge Heaven, a lamp lights up in the lucky zone, and the upper and lower two are 5 points.
    When a ball enters the Bonus Chucker in the center of the Honas Chucker, the bonus lamp at the top left lights up and you can press any one of the two bonus buttons on the left at any time.
    When a ball enters the R chucker, the ball will return to the launch point and you can hit it again.
    If you press the settlement button in the middle of the game, you will be out of the game.

19. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, thanks so much for all your help everyone. I can tell this is going to be a very delicate process.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to aeames