Thread: Hello Group

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hello Group

Hello all,

I'm a new member, though I've been familiar with Pachinko since my dad got a machine in the 70s. I've bought, enjoyed (and sold) a few since then. Don't currently own a Pachinko, but do have a nice Go Go Juggler that worked intermittently when I got it last year. I've determined that the power supply has failed, so I thought it was high time I signed up here! I've found these types of forums to be quite excellent resources with other subjects (automotive issues, electronics and radio control hobbies, farm stuff, etc.) and usually wind up contributing (hopefully) worthwhile stuff if I can.

I've purchased a working Kitac Juggler power supply assuming I'd rather adapt that then try to fix the old supply, but the new one has a different format circuit board and the jacks don't mate with the larger plugs on my machine. I've already converted the AC input jack (my machine required a larger socket then the one on the new power supply), but the 2 plugs coming down from the main board aren't as simple to adapt to. I plan to desolder the old part of the connection from top end of the old main board and, if I can figure out which pins on the new supply relate to which pins on the old, I'll hook 'em all up and light the ol' Juggler up again. If anyone knows anything which may be helpful in this regard... please write!

My original Kitac supply is an 03-086A and the replacement supply is an 03--613.

I'll try to document my progress with this here, so there will be a trail for others who might want to try something similar.

Best to all,
    Robert

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to GoGoJugglerNY

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello Group

WELCOME!!!

You may want to start a thread about your pachi in the Model Talk section where more pachislo people will see it!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome and will start a new thread.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar. Btw, my other hobby is slot cars. The little skid "squeek" the t-jets make when the cars deslot hasn't failed to amuse me in over 50 years!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to GoGoJugglerNY

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoJugglerNY View Post
    Thanks Mopar. Btw, my other hobby is slot cars. The little skid "squeek" the t-jets make when the cars deslot hasn't failed to amuse me in over 50 years!

So you like H.O. 1/64th slot cars Aurora Thunderjet and then the Magnatraction . My brother and I got really big into it in the early 1970's and did the whole thing modified gearing and big spongy tires and a Monza Curve 2 Feet off the table

Now it's just :Computers (12+ , Lots of home built ones ) ,Pachinko's Vintage and Modern, Video game platforms (Atari 6 Switch Fremont,Ca 2600 to PS4) ,Giant goldfish and algae eater Yeah the $4.99 small one and now over 10 years latter 18" Goldfish and a 2 Foot long algae eater in a 29 gal. tank. 1983-2015 kept running junkers going 1972 L T D ,1970 Olds Cutlass, 1963 G M C Bread Truck , 1973 chevy malibu classic , and a 1981 Volvo 244dl , all gone to other homes or other people projects . and some small other projects .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS