Thread: Nishijin Model B Pachinko Not Paying out

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Nishijin Model B Pachinko Not Paying out

Hi Everyone,

This is my very first posting on this forum. My Father bought a Pachinko Machine back the the 70's after a trip he made to Tokyo and was amazed at the all Pachinko Parlors. He has since passed and somehow my sister ended up with the machine. My sister wanted me to have the machine. She shipped it to me about 6 months ago. It is a Nishijin Model B Machine. I starting working on it last weekend. I was able to clean up the machine and get all the rust off the chrome.

It looks great but it does not payoff the Jackpot when ball goes into the slots that make it pay off. After lots of YouTube viewing I finally figured out it was jammed with balls. I was able to clear the jam and almost got it working. It pays out sometimes but not every time. It appears that when it does payout the ball that triggers the payout lands on a lever. The weight of the ball pulls the lever down triggering the Jackpot to pay out. The lever releases the ball that triggers the Jackpot so the lever can return to it original position and refills the Jackpot.

It appears that the weight of the ball to start the jackpot is not heavy enough to pull the lever all the way down consistently. I suspect the whole payout mechanize is probably dirty.

Has anyone had the same issue and figured out how to clean it / fix it. I know it worked back in the 70's. I have also been told in the YouTube video never oil the machine as it will gunk it up over time. Any advise would be useful!!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Model B Pachinko Not Paying out

clean it clean it clean it

when your putting it back together NO oil.. its not needed.. and will actually attract dust..

pictures please..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Photo's Please
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ball Stuck.pngHere is my problem. When the ball goes through a payout slot, it needs to pull down this lever to payout. I have exercised the lever by hand many times in hopes to loosen up the mechanize, but it still is inconstant. I was hoping not to have to take apart the complete mechanize to get the the pivot point of the lever as there are no obvious screws that can get it apart. If I leave it this way I end up with the payout balls backup and jamming. Any ideas.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbo5 View Post
    Here is my problem. When the ball goes through a payout slot, it needs to pull down this lever to payout. I have exercised the lever by hand many times in hopes to loosen up the mechanize, but it still is inconstant. I was hoping not to have to take apart the complete mechanize to get the the pivot point of the lever as there are no obvious screws that can get it apart. If I leave it this way I end up with the payout balls backup and jamming. Any ideas.
    it sounds like you best and only good option is open pachinko surgery..

before you pull staples drill hole threw the plastic flange and just into the wood.. that way when you are putting the plastic back on you have w witness hole to line up the parts with and w pilot hole to put screws into.. make sure the screws you use are flat head or better yet a modified truss head screw.. they hold the plastic flat and do not have a funnel shape that can break the plastic..

pictures pictures lots of pictures while your taking it apart..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Last edited by takethecastle57; 05-07-2020 at 03:11 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbo5 View Post
    Ball Stuck.pngHere is my problem. When the ball goes through a payout slot, it needs to pull down this lever to payout. I have exercised the lever by hand many times in hopes to loosen up the mechanize, but it still is inconstant. I was hoping not to have to take apart the complete mechanize to get the the pivot point of the lever as there are no obvious screws that can get it apart. If I leave it this way I end up with the payout balls backup and jamming. Any ideas.
    You should be able to remove the jackpot mech and then the 2 connecting rods to the spoon to clean and polish the pivots without disassembly of the entire back. Careful of the E-clips though, they like to jump.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whole Back.pngThanks everyone. I am willing to do the work as suggested. Does anyone actually have assembly drawings for this machine. When I do get it apart how do I clean it since it was never oiled. It is just metal on metal. Here is a picture of where I believe I need to get it open.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remove the 2 nails holding the bottom right cover. From there you can access the connecting rod to the payout.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I should replace the nails with screws, correct?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its just a dust cover..renail after.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I took the dust cover off and sure enough there was the pivot point. It looked pretty clean so I put a ball into a payout slot and sure enough it started working. Here was a ball in the cover that may have been the issue. If not the cover is binding with the payoff arm. I will figure it out. The ball probably got there through shipping. My sister did not remove all the balls from the mechanism before she shipped it. I am just so happy I don't have to do any more disassembly.

You guys are all so informative!!! Thanks so much.

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Bobbo5