Thread: Newer pachinko reviews/collection suggestions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newer pachinko reviews/collection suggestions

As some of you know, I used to live in japan and played lots of pachinko over time and I just recently moved back.

I have decided to review a few newer machines and describe what the gameplay is like, what I like, what I dislike, and a ranking from 1-10. I will also post a link to the machine.

TOSYO HADEN

https://www.p-world.co.jp/sp/kisyu.c...tail&code=9099
    the specs: 1/319 with 1 chance in the hanemono style mechanism. You can stock 4 spins at about a 1/5 chance to open the mechanism but are guaranteed that 1 chance. If another stocked spin is supposed to open the mechanism again, you will have another chance. So it’s possible to get more than 1 chance to trigger the rush. When in rush you get 4 chances (or more if stocked spins trigger the mechanism) to retrigger the rush. There is also a chance for 2 balls to go in the mechanism at the same time!

what I like: this pachinko is amazingly designed. The light show is great, the music is great, and the suspense it gives you when the ball gets close to the V hole is intense. It’s super easy to retrigger the rush and every rush bonus is a 9 round.

what I dislike: it can be hard to trigger the initial bonus and the rush because of the 1/319 with the 1 Chance for the rush. The gameplay can get repetitive.

overall this machine gets 8/10 and I would recommend it for a collection!

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqGQexqXHqI

That one looks pretty fun! I like the corkscrew hanemono/kenrimono mechanical “reach” before the V hole. Will have to add this to my cell wishlist for my Sankyo Fortune frame:

Symphogear
    Macross 3
    Hane mono Sky Racer
    Tosyo Haden!

(Please review those, particularly Symphogear 1 vs 2! )
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 04-17-2020 at 01:09 PM.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newer pachinko reviews/collection suggestions

I highly recommend adding the Golgo 13 drum to that list.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@lotsoballs I recommend if you buy symphogear to get symphogear lite. The payouts are way less but same gameplay and lots cheaper. Gear 2 comes out in a few days. I’ll give a report when I get to try it!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie777 View Post
    @lotsoballs I recommend if you buy symphogear to get symphogear lite. The payouts are way less but same gameplay and lots cheaper. Gear 2 comes out in a few days. I’ll give a report when I get to try it!
    Yeah, I was thinking about that actually; found one for sale for under 16,000 yen but seller doesn’t deal with proxy bidders/foreigners so have to keep waiting. I prefer the 1/99 or 1/199 machines for home use anyway. More action, and the benefit of huge payouts is minimal at home where it’s all for fun anyway; just more balls to be shuffled to the hopper! I’ll take more frequent smaller fevers any day!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m403094180

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I highly recommend adding the Golgo 13 drum to that list.
    Hey Goobie777 just saw that cell come up for sale on yahoo Japan; looks interesting being a digi-hane; it’s got that cool gimmick feature where the reels magnetically pick up the ball. Couple questions for you though:

1. Is there any skill to getting balls in the hanemono like attacker or is it TOO easy kinda like Bunny & Bunny or Heiwa Tropical Raised digihane?

2. Is there much use of the chance button to cause the reels to stop (kinda like a pachislo?) and get Golgo to take a sniper shot? The videos I’ve seen aren’t very clear. I’ve never played a modern drum machine so these types are new to me. Looks to have more going on than Fever Queen 2 though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It’s a great machine. Probably one of the most fun games I’ve played.

1. I’ll start off by saying it’s mainly a left shooting machine and it gives you a spot to shoot the balls which leads to a pathway over the attacker that opens multiple times. It only opens once a fever hits. So it’s easy to get it in because that feature decides the rounds you get. There is a small percentage that ANY of the feature holes can award a 16 rounder. But normally it’s 4 and 9 I believe.

2. You do use the button and lever when timer pops up on the machine. There’s a reach that he will come up and the red lines around the drums make a cross hair shape and then while the middle reel is spinning extremely fast, you push it and the symbol lines up a high percentage of the time. It’s a lot more fun in comparison to other drum machines.

it also does a v stock thing like symphogear. It will have you push or something like that during a fever (with stocked spins) and if one of the rolled spins is supposed to be a win, it will turn rainbow to indicate V stock

definately one to add to the collection for the light show and the sound effects as well

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It’s a great machine. Probably one of the most fun games I’ve played.

1. I’ll start off by saying it’s mainly a left shooting machine and it gives you a spot to shoot the balls which leads to a pathway over the attacker that opens multiple times. It only opens once a fever hits. So it’s easy to get it in because that feature decides the rounds you get. There is a small percentage that ANY of the feature holes can award a 16 rounder. But normally it’s 4 and 9 I believe.

2. You do use the button and lever when timer pops up on the machine. There’s a reach that he will come up and the red lines around the drums make a cross hair shape and then while the middle reel is spinning extremely fast, you push it and the symbol lines up a high percentage of the time. It’s a lot more fun in comparison to other drum machines.

it also does a v stock thing like symphogear. It will have you push or something like that during a fever (with stocked spins) and if one of the rolled spins is supposed to be a win, it will turn rainbow to indicate V stock

definately one to add to the collection for the light show and the sound effects as well
    Thanks, might just have to place a bid. Same seller has a middle version Symphogear (199) that also caught my eye; I like the color scheme on that on better than the light version; but it’s still over 3 times more expensive as Golgo.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The original gear 1/199 has like 3 different cells. Which one are you talking about? Original, black, or Chris?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The original gear 1/199 has like 3 different cells. Which one are you talking about? Original, black, or Chris?
    Ah, my mistake,looks like I’m getting an original one then. Here’s terribly blurry pic, I hope it’s a good one because I just won the auction for it! (And the Golgo drum!) I’m eager to see what all the fuss is about this Symphogear...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah the black cell. That's the one we have always had the best rushes off. Probably pure coincidence but we do love a black cell!
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gears 2 unit cost is over 10k USD right now. Wow!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Symphogear is no joke; mine gave a 22 fever hit after playing it for no more than 5 mins first day I received it! Too bad I wasn’t in a parlor though.

Great music, light show, gameplay, theme and animatronics in this one! I can see why it’s so popular. Tonight will try out Golgo and see how it compares.

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To update previous post, I’ve had The Golgo 13 drum cell in the past few days, and let me tell you it is GREAT machine, I never really saw the appeal of reel machines till Gobie777 recommended this one, never owned one before, but this one is excellent at teasing you with it’s mechanical (and electronic) reels and great theme music, the theme song is a total 007 James Bond rip-off but suits the theme!

I haven’t gotten a fever yet after playing 2-3 hours, but saw my girlfriend get one on it; she was shafted by the electromagnetic “big or small” fever decider though in my delight and got the small fever.

I think this one is just as much fun if not more than more popular (and way more expensive) Symphogear; and certainly way better than Bunny & Bunny, the other “digihane” gameplay cell I’ve got for this frame.

Time will tell how it the gameplay holds up long term vs Lady Gaga, Macross 2, and Symphogear cells!

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

25. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad you like it. Symphogear has lots of Easter eggs in it. I won’t spoil them all, however, in rush, if playing as kirika or shirabe, rarely the fever queen music will play which indicates a 100% fever. Good luck on nailing the rare 1/19701 fever animation (there are two and I’ve gotten them both in parlors)

golgo drum is extremely underrated in my opinion. There is a small, big, and super fever. Super fever can randomly trigger upon hitting big or small and the machine goes Beserk with sound effects. It’s similar to symphogear where you get the 5 chances to retrigger and then after retriggering I believe you get 13.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gonna make me bring in Golgo 13 drum and regular from storage

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingwiz View Post
    Gonna make me bring in Golgo 13 drum and regular from storage

That regular digipachi Golgo 13 looks like it could be pretty fun!

31. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know I’ve been neglecting this thread for some time however, I can not control the pandemic. I got some time to review a few machines and will post over the next few days.

today’s machine is....

MR. OSOMATSU’S GOLDEN ROAD

https://www.p-world.co.jp/sp/kisyu.cgi?code=9233

what an amazing concept for a machine.

The specs: 1/219 —> 1/89 with
    Left shooting slot 99.5% chance 3 round with rush chance feature and .5% chance for an instant rush.
    Right shooting slot 70% chance of continuation until the next bonus and 30% to trigger the chance feature again. 50% of all bonuses during right shooting are max 10R.

Basics: the pachinko is very childhood cartoony and will bring out the kid in you. When a bonus is hit, the rush chance normally occurs and you have either 15, 30, or 45 seconds to land the ball in the V hole of the rush chance before the trap door opens up and takes your ball. If you get the V hole rush starts and if not it’s jitan for either 20 or 100 spins.

things I like - this machine can rush for a long time since the right slot is 1/89 which I love having the extra gameplay. When you do hit the 30% kick you out of rush chance, there is no boring usually loosing jitan, you get the chance again where if the V hole is hit before the ball gets gobbled up, it continues if not, there is still a few jitan spins to help you get back in! the light shows are great, the animations are fun, and overall has a great vibe. There is also yu-time at 625 spins for 800 spins!

things I dislike - The rush can be very difficult to trigger considering the 219 difficult and needing to get the V hole to trigger rush so it can be difficult.

overall 8.2/10 Would recommend for collection and would play again.

33. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Today I will be reviewing a highly anticipated machine by a few members on the group.

D-clock

manufactured by maruhon

https://www.p-world.co.jp/sp/kisyu.c...tail&code=9161

The specs: 1/197.4 —> 1/1 with a 35% to get a rush

during the rush, you get 3 spins which are all guaranteed bonuses which consist of a big 10R or a small 2R bonus 50/50 chance for each. 1/1 right shooting slot start access path closes after a regular bonus hits and will only reopen if a big bonus hits. If the two remaining spins are also regular bonuses, the rush is finished however, if a big bonus breaks the streak, the access path opens again allowing the player to bank more spins. This continues until 3 regular bonuses are hit in a row which forces you to run out of remaining spins as stated previously.

Basics: this pachinko is very interesting in regards to its gameplay. When the numbers make a straight (ex 123, 345 etc) the cock hand moves by one space, if the straight is backwards (ex 654) the hand moves two spaces. There are different color spaces on the clock which determine the chance you have of winning the spin. The hands will stop on a space once a reach hits (ex 3–X-3) and there will be several minigames like trying to make the hand reach the top of the clock. There are some rare reaches too that are separate from all these. The reach I won didn’t have any of the basics I stated before. The clock turned red and the hands kept spinning around and around. Eventually a reach came up and many spaces on the clock lit up purple. In order to win, I had to push the button when the hand reached a purple section of the clock to win. Because the spins are determined once a ball hits the start hole, the clock had 4 purple spaces next to each other making it super easy to stop for the win. Had I missed, the clock would still have given me the win.

things I like: I want to start off by saying I rushed on my first ever bonus and I hit 8 big bonuses in a row to start off the rush. That like guessing 8 correct coin flips in a row!!!! I think this game is fun but and volatility is very high for a pachinko. For the gamblers, this machine is for you because the payouts can be massive. I love the high continuation rate and the payout is decent for the bonuses. Although I’ve only bonused and rushed the game one time, i came out a winner cashing out over 800 bucks.

things I dislike: at a 1/197 at 35% rush, it’s very hard to trigger and you have no chance at continuation with a non rush spin at the beginning. This could possibly take a long time to hit a rush if it even feels like rushing. I haven’t played the game enough but I feel that it could get very repetitive.

overall it’s a hard machine but it’s pretty fun. It’s hard to find in parlors here and usually in the 4 yen area so if you want to play it in parlors it might cost a bit before you rush and win some of it back!

For parlor play this game is an 8.6/10 for home use I would give it a 7/10

35. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777