Thread: Daido Don Don King - questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Daido Don Don King - questions

So I got this machine from my father, he wants me to see if I can sell it (price estimates welcome although I'll probably keep it), and I think it's in good working order (I did a reset then put like 1,000 tokens through it). I've got a few questions maybe you folks can help me with because I can't seem to find anything elsewhere on the internet, thanks in advance!

- In the image of the little control panel shown below, there are two switches that just say "On/Off"anyone know what they're for?
    - There's also a button labeled "skill", I think I understand the "why" and "what for", but how? I've pressed it, held it in while lifting the joystick up and down, etc
    - I think it's in "credits" mode, where you put coins in and play with your credits, and all winnings are added to your credits total, is there a way to switch to an "automatic" or "instant" payout when you hit a jackpot? I've read that some others can be switched, just not sure about this one
    - Right now I just have a couple hundred chuck-e-cheese tokens which seem to be working well, is it possible to alter this particular model to accept quarters?

1.jpg

Snapchat-1882467617.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to J3ck3L

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daido Don Don King - questions

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Actually the reason is that these machines where built token in/ token out
    converting them to take currency can make them illegal in certain areas.

our goal as a hobby forum is to promote the hobby, and not doing something that would make these machines illegal therefore harming the hobby..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yea I hear ya about quarter modification being taboo, for me it can stay token only, it doesn't really matter. I just have many more quarters (a giant jug of them that I've inadvertently collected over the years) than I do tokens. I've been putting a constant stream of the tokens through it just to test it out and it's quite fun, but I have to keep opening the door and retrieving the tokens from inside. So it's not a big deal, it can stay "token only"

I noticed that metal tokens can be bought from many different places online, and I'd like to get 1,000 or so of uniform tokens because right now, of the sack of tokens that I have, about 80% are chuck-e-cheese tokens, 10% are these shiny metal ones that have some sort of logo on them, and the other 10% are just random metal tokens of all different sorts. I'm not even sure what amalgamation of metals these are made of....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The two switches have to do with the Bonus Round.
    One of them requires you to have to reset the machine after a Big Bonus and the other causes the credits to be paid out.
    I believe most Members set them to the OFF position, (i least I do). I don't want to reset the machine after winning and put 50 tokens back into it.

The "Skill" button is what most call the "Odds" button. You can adjust the odds of the machine, when it is in "Reset Mode".
    Below is how you do a Reset and change odds.

Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 04-14-2020 at 11:11 PM.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great info, wayne-oo, thanks.

I've been playing the heck out of it and the only problem is I only have about ~150 tokens. I'd like to get 500 or maybe even 1,000 tokens that are all uniform in color and design. Any recommendations? I almost purchased 500 from amazon that looked nice, and I suppose were the correct, "0.984" size, but I noticed a good bit of comments saying "these will jam in your pachislo machine", or "I have a ____ JP skill stop machine and these coins jammed in it"..... so I'm weary to pull the trigger on any of these as they're pretty expensive. My chuck-e-cheese tokens seem to be working fine though, lol, I wonder if it would be cheaper to go to chuck-e-cheese (when they re-open), and buy a bunch of coins then just walk out the door with them..... that's just a bit of levity of course, but seriously, these things aren't cheap

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am also having an issue with my don don king I have had it for 12 years but now every time I power it up and do a reset I get the E-5 error code I have cleaned and re seated all ribbon cables I also made sure there was nothing stuck in the hopper and help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can anyone show/tell me what kind of lock & key should be on this model? It currently has what appears to be a vertical lock slit with no pins/teeth inside the lock, and it came (from a private user) with what looks like a key blank (i.e. one that hasn't been cut yet) and for all intents and purposes may as well be a butter knife. I mean, it works, I can stick it in the gaping, vertical slot and turn it, but I could just as easily just shove any similarly sized object in the "lock" and turn it. I'm having a hard time finding any high resolution images/videos such that I can see what the lock should look like, but one image that I saw it looked like it had one of those circular, C-shaped keys that you see on soda/vending machines