Thread: Bellco Double Up Pachislo - Need a door key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Bellco Double Up Pachislo - Need a door key

I have this Bellco Double Up pachislo machine (manufactured - 2002) that I am missing a door key for. It came with a couple of keys that don't seem to be the correct ones though if I play with it enough the key luckily opens the lock. I posted pics of the lock which does not seem to have any number identification on it. Does anyone know the lock/key number for this pachislo machine or do you think if I bring it to a home depot / locksmith they can make a key for this lock? Any other ideas?

pachislo1.PNGpachislo2.PNG

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bellco Double Up Pachislo - Need a door key

Last edited by takethecastle57; 04-14-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lock latches in the link appear to be different or was this just to purchase the cylinder? I am not sure how I would remove the cylinder from the lock assembly without breaking it. I see two pins on the cylinder itself, how do they function or what tool do you need to press them and release the lock. Ideally does anyone happen to know the key number for this machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are correct, finding the correct key number to work the lock, would be ideal. But in reality, finding that would be rather difficult, without having the key number stamped on the lock.

Different Parlors would have the same machine, but keyed different that other Parlors. So, what key fit someones machine may not work on your machine.

I have found it easy to just de-pin the lock. That way any barrel key will work for the lock. I have de-pinned several locks for machine that didn't come with a key.

You need to remove the pin holding the lock together. I use a small nail to drive the pin out, or you may have to drill it out. The lock will come apart then and all the pins and springs will fall out. Put the lock back together, with all the pins and springs removed. If you were able to drive the pin out you can drive it back in to hold the lock together. If you had to drill it out, then use epoxy to hold the lock together.

Image (12).jpgImage (11).jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    You are correct, finding the correct key number to work the lock, would be ideal. But in reality, finding that would be rather difficult, without having the key number stamped on the lock.

Different Parlors would have the same machine, but keyed different that other Parlors. So, what key fit someones machine may not work on your machine.

I have found it easy to just de-pin the lock. That way any barrel key will work for the lock. I have de-pinned several locks for machine that didn't come with a key.

You need to remove the pin holding the lock together. I use a small nail to drive the pin out, or you may have to drill it out. The lock will come apart then and all the pins and springs will fall out. Put the lock back together, with all the pins and springs removed. If you were able to drive the pin out you can drive it back in to hold the lock together. If you had to drill it out, then use epoxy to hold the lock together.

Image (12).jpgImage (11).jpg
    My lock is depinned but i can't seem to find a barrel key small enough to catch the notched cylinder in the lock. I have three keys but there too big and just turn loosely around the cylinder. The actual cylinder in the lock is .5 cm, can you recommend a key that would work?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I sorry, I can't recommend one.

You should be able to take it to a locksmith and they would have blank barrel keys. Maybe even a hardware or home improvement store may have blank barrel keys.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    I sorry, I can't recommend one.

You should be able to take it to a locksmith and they would have blank barrel keys. Maybe even a hardware or home improvement store may have blank barrel keys.
    Thanks for your input, I am giving this a try, the center barrel on my lock is smaller than standard barrel lock sizes. I called the dealer and it seems to match my measurements, wish me luck. I will update if it works, might be helpful to someone in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9. The following user says "Thanks" to beholder

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So the key I ordered was also too big but there was a silver lining. With some pliers I was able to modify the key to decrease the barrel size and elongate the inside notch and it works like a charm. Take a look, lock opens perfect no struggle or playing with it.

Original

orig_key.PNG

Modified

mod_key.PNG
    Last edited by beholder; 04-27-2020 at 05:00 PM.

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to beholder