Thread: First Time Pachinko Owner - 70s Sankyo Full Restoration Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arrow First Time Pachinko Owner - 70s Sankyo Full Restoration Thread

I started a previous thread with some initial questions and introduction, but now that I've begun to dig into the machine I figured a new thread was in order. The original thread can be found here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...Pachinko-Owner

While I'm still in the process of figuring out what to do about a couple missing parts, I took advantage of a lazy Sunday evening to tear into the machine and start the cleaning process. As much as I am dying to clean up the front of the machine, my background in home remodeling tells me to save the cosmetics for last. Luckily this machine is already in pretty decent shape. I started by taking some photos and removing the plastic parts on the rear of the machine that were easily accessible. All went well except for a stripped screw and a hidden staple that caused me to put a small. but repairable crack in the green ball return piece. I'm really trying to avoid removing staples, as they have proven to be a PITA, and I want to make sure everything goes back together in the exact original place. Luckily most of the dirtiest areas are accessible without prying off the stapled parts. I gave all of the removed parts a good bath in the kitchen sink with a toothbrush and all purpose cleaner. Next will be vacuuming and wiping down everything that is still fixed to the machine.

Some takeaways from this portion of the project:
    -Staples suck!
    -This machine could definitely be dirtier, but I'm surprised at how well if functions after seeing the crud on the inside. I guess metal balls aren't afraid of some dust!
    -I've found that my set of automotive hose removal tools has really come in handy with this machine. Clearing out ball jams, cleaning hard to reach places, and removing staples are all much easier with these. If you don't have a set, I highly recommend picking them up. Picture below.
    -Is lubrication on any of the internals necessary?

Over the next couple days I will continue cleaning the internals, but I am happy with the little bit of progress I've made so far! I will continue to update this thread as I move forward. Thank you to all that have responded to my original thread..I've glad to have a collectors community to guide me in this tedious process!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to bigredmachine878