Thread: Questions about my first Pachislo. Sammy Fire Drift

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Questions about my first Pachislo. Sammy Fire Drift

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. I just picked up my first Pachislo slot machine and I have some questions about it.
    I really didn't do any research into these machines before buying it. However I did print out a manual so I understand clearing errors and changing settings.

For reference it's a Sammy Fire Drift.

1. I notice when I add tokens, the credits only count up to 50. After 50 it just shoots added tokens back into the tray below. Is that normal or adjustable?
    I assume it's normal and not adjustable, but maybe someone has some insight.

2. The key takes some playing with to open the front door of the machine, I have to sort of wiggle it while turning. When I bought it the guy did it in seconds. It can take me anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute to get it to open.
    Should I replace the lock or would a new key do the trick? It came with 2 keys and both seem to do it. How expensive would it be to just replace the lock with a new one?
    Any recommendations or links to a product that would correct this?

3. There's a buzzing sound from the speaker. It's not super noticeable while you're playing, but you can hear it when it turns on and is sitting.
    If it's a cheap fix I'd like to look into it. The machine has a 2 prong power cable (both prongs are the same size) so it doesn't have a ground on it.

4. There's a video on screen of a car driving around, but I don't hear audio from what's on the screen. I just hear the "gaming" audio. From what I can see it looks like this machine only has one speaker located down by the token tray.
    Is there supposed to be another speaker on this unit? Or is this normal and the sound doesn't play until you hit a jackpot or something?

IMG_0416.JPG

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Questions about my first Pachislo. Sammy Fire Drift

WELCOME!!!

Not really a pachislo person, but I can answer a few I think!!

50 is the max you can load..

My pachislo has a buzz too, not sure if there's a fix..

Usually there's only music and stuff during bonuses!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    WELCOME!!!

Not really a pachislo person, but I can answer a few I think!!

50 is the max you can load..

My pachislo has a buzz too, not sure if there's a fix..

Usually there's only music and stuff during bonuses!!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Good to know about the credits, I was worried it was broke. I did download a game play manual from this site and an operators manual so I've been reading a lot on it.

I'm going to replace the lock. I spent 5 minutes and still couldn't open it with the keys. I've been using the hole in the bottom of the machine to open the door.
    I should be able to remove the lock to get it's specs to buy a new one. It's a long cylinder lock, but it's super easy to remove based on what I saw and read about it.

I moved the speaker's 2 pin connector to the red slot that matches (looks like there's two connectors for speakers, a white one and red one).
    I get audio, but I still get the same thing with the buzzing. The power supply/transformer is 60Hz 120v so that part should be correct. I'm wondering if adding a ground to the power supply/transformer is possible. Wire up a 3 prong power plug somehow?I just don't know where that ground would go to inside the machine. At the very least I'm going to add the volume control. Even on the lowest setting...this thing is loud for inside a house. I was also reading that adding it helps with that buzzing.
    Also wondering if there's something that can go between the board and speaker to remove that noise. I'm sure there's something out there that could isolate that out of the line.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the Welcomes.

Good to know that the 50 credit thing is normal. I'm wondering if this model machine can be turned into spitting out tokens with each win.
    I was reading this manual and it says some machines can be configured this way, but it's a general manual for like 4 different brands of Pachislo machines. Do any of you know if this model Sammy can be setup this way?
    I also can't read Japanese so the setting switches in there are confusing. I was able to set the machine to 6 on the payout. It was set to 1 so it should make it more enjoyable to play.

As far s the lock. I spent 10 minutes trying to open it with a key last night and couldn't get it to open.
    Luckily I can open the door from the bottom. I'm probably going to replace the lock to make it easier though. Sticking my hand in there isn't as easy because it has to be moved each time.
    Since you turn the machine off from in there it's going to be a big pain.

I moved the speaker's wire harness to another port on that board that matches it's color. It was plugged into a white one, but there was a red one that matches the color of the connector so I moved it there.
    Still getting that hum. I'm wondering if it's possible to add a ground to the power supply/transformer to eliminate this buzzing. It seems like you could replace the power cable with a 3 prong, but where would I ground the green wire in the machine?
    At the very least I think adding a volume potentiometer may be the best route to start with. I was reading that it could help with the hum/buzz. At the very least it will allow for finer volume adjustments. The thing is super loud even on the lowest volume setting.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I posted that first comment and it didn't appear when I refreshed the page hours later, and now that I posted another a few hours later it's appearing.
    I'm also not able to edit those two comments, but I can edit this one. Very odd. Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by teamhex; 02-18-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't worry, everyone needs their first few posts approved and sometimes the Mods are napping!!

And you can only edit posts for a few minutes after posting, but if you ever need something fixed feel free to PM a Mod or Admin..(People with blue or yellow names)

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome. Thanks for the information.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to teamhex

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got the volume potentiometer installed and the buzz from the speaker is much better. Now it's just the fan above the LCD board that's a tad annoying.

Does anyone know if this Sammy machine can be set to payout on each win? I followed a general guide, but pushing the coin payout button doesn't do anything.
    I'm assuming it's not an option on the machine, but maybe someone would know. I have yet to find a manual specific to these Sammys. Everything seems to be a general manual on how to operate the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't be set up for payouts below 50 credits. However, if you load 3 credits, it is ready to spin. Don't spin yet. Add 50 more tokens...you are ready to spin. Since it can only hold a maximum of 50 credits (some sort of Japanese gaming law) it will payout if you hit. You will have to add 3 tokens for each spin so that the credit meter will stay maxed at 50.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Can't be set up for payouts below 50 credits. However, if you load 3 credits, it is ready to spin. Don't spin yet. Add 50 more tokens...you are ready to spin. Since it can only hold a maximum of 50 credits (some sort of Japanese gaming law) it will payout if you hit. You will have to add 3 tokens for each spin so that the credit meter will stay maxed at 50.
    I was hoping more for the American slot feel. At least the ones I've played. Even with the machine set to 6 it eats tokens and I have to open it every 30 minutes to retrieve tokens.