Thread: Sankyo CR Fever Big Powerful FX , Video Screen Output board info

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo CR Fever Big Powerful FX , Video Screen Output board info

Just picked up a Sankyo CR Fever Big Powerful FX for $50.
    The CRT Screen has a vertical line most of the time but it will randomly show the picture.
    Tried re soldering the CRT board connections, but issue still prevails which seems to indicate a flaky vertical IC Control.
    So instead of rebuilding the CRT Board, am thinking of switching it over to an LCD Display.

I started to reverse engineer the video supply board to determine the video signals sent to the CRT Board, but can't find details on what seems to be the chip that sends the video.

From my reverse engineering so far the board I have found:

It runs on a Toshiba TMP91C641F HS Microcontroller at 16bits which Autoboots from a 64K Static Ram CMOS Chip: Sharp LH5168-10L

Has two ROM Banks for the Programming: Sanyo LC371100SP : 1 Meg , Sanyo LC374100RP : 4 Meg

There is a Cypress MB37711 Chip to regulate the board voltage to 5 Volts.

The Video Output chips is a EWD-093003 , I can find the chip for sale ,but not the technical data sheet on it. Anyone have the info on the chip?

The 6 Pin CN2 Video Out Connector appears to be putting out 6 Signals:
    Video Signals being on Pins: 1 , 2, 3, 5 and 4 & 6 appear to be grounds.
    So it seems it is sending either a RGB or a YPbPr Signal out to the CRT Board.

My thought is to use a GBS-8220 Board which can accept either input,
    Has anyone done that and if Yes is the 5 pin the H. Sync or V. Sync ?

Thank You for any help, Wes

IC EWD-093003.jpgSankyo Pachinko Video Board.JPG

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo CR Fever Big Powerful FX , Video Screen Output board info

Sorry, not a clue, but good luck and keep us informed
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachinko machines are full of custom ICs that you're never going to find information on, so you're probably better off looking at the monitor side and reverse engineering the input connections there, as you're more likely to find standard ICs with data sheets.

Video game CRT monitors usually take R,G,B and a composite sync.signal. YUV colour difference signals are only used for broadcast or recording where the chroma signals can be bandwidth limited, and there's no need for this when the source and display are directly linked.

You can figure out which pin is which, by disconnecting one at a time and observing which colour is removed from the white line across the middle of the screen.

If you want to fix the original monitor, best to replace all the electrolytic caps first, then if the intermittent frame collapse fault is still present you might be able to narrow down the faulty component with a hair dryer and a can of freezer spray (I used this technique a lot for intermittent faults, when I worked in a TV repair shop in the '80s).

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Found a parts machine with good monitor on Facebook Market place, actually getting 2 Pachinko Machines this time for $50!
    Per the description: These two games are old and need some work. One of them powers up OK and shoots balls ok, but the reward mechanism needs work. The other I have not spent any time on. If you want a cool project or to tinker with some Japanese pinball machines.

2 Pachinko Machines for 50 from facebook marketplace image 1 13Feb2020.jpg

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to wkmiller

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That vintage pictured is a fairly desirable No More War X machine. There were three, not sure which this one is. I have No More War 2 which features a Japanese Zero and tips its wings and spins its propeller depending on which target is hit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

achinkoWarX-NoMoreWar.jpg Here is a picture of the center image: Says at the bottom No More War, When I first saw it I thought of the Pearl Harbor Attack.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got the 2 Machines Parts Machines and did a test slave in of the CRT and Video showed up fine on the Power Fever, so now know problem is in the CRT Board Assembly, still plan to pursue switch it to a LCD Display..
    .Pachiunko CR Power Fever Video Test.jpg

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to wkmiller

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Today I was able to get the video from the Pachinko CR Power Fever to display on a 19" Westinghouse LCD TV through a GBS-8220 conversion board.
    The 6 Pin connector on the Video Computer Board Pin out is Pin 1: Red , 2: Green, 3: Blue and 5: Horizontal Sync
    .CRT Board B10717B Video Input Plug.jpgPachinko CR Power Fever Computer Board RGB Output.jpgPachinko CR Power Fever LCD Video Test.JPG
    So replacing the CRT with an LCD Screen is possible. Now to find a LCD screen that small.
    Last edited by wkmiller; 02-22-2020 at 07:02 PM.

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to wkmiller

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

19". Thats a big pachi
    Ian #UKPachinko