Thread: Older NDT Pachislo Phoenix Machine with pull arm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Older NDT Pachislo Phoenix Machine with pull arm

Hi all,

I'm hoping I can get some help here. I have an older Pachislo machine by NDT called Phoenix. I have absolutely no electronics knowledge so I am not sure how to go about fixing the machine. The issue is as follows:

If I plug the machine in, for the first time that day, I can send through tokens, get credits, spin the wheels and stop them just fine. If I hit, it pays out as it's supposed to, if not, I can play on.

This lasts for 2, 3 sometimes a few more spins, and then suddenly the machine just stops working. I can still put in the tokens and get credits and pull the arm to start the wheels spinning, but then they just continue to spin until I unplug it. If I wait an hour, sometimes it will work for a few spins again and go right back to continuous spinning, but most of the time it just keeps spinning. It seems completely random when it decides to work and when it decides to stop working.

If anyone has run into this issue before and knows what could be the cause, I would love to get some help. Would really like to get this up and running as normal. The key to the machine has been removed, but I can still open and close the front with a makeshift setup. All lights are working as they should (Top glass and light board is out for pictures.)

20200122_094449.jpg20200122_094456.jpg20200122_094437.jpg20200122_094525.jpg20200122_094520.jpg

(Not sure why pictures are randomly being rotated, sorry for that)

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Jax2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Older NDT Pachislo Phoenix Machine with pull arm

I used to own this exact machine. It was made in the mid 80's, and released by, I believe, Sammy. NDT is not the manufacturer, but is a Japanese inspection company. That's what the blue colored sticker is in the right side of the belly glass. The other sticker, pink color, is the serial number.

This machine is a little different than Pachislo machines of later years, though similar. There isn't a spin lever on the front of the machine, but instead, a pull arm on the side.

I also, had the exact same problem as you are having. I thought it was the stopboard, but I put the stopboard in another machine and worked fine. I may not know everything there is to know about these machines, but I feel I do know quite a bit about them and how they work. I could never figure out the problem. I assume it was in the programming of the machine and was beyond repair. I guess after 35 years of service it has lived it life.

I ended up tearing the machine down and used the the belly glass and top glass, (you don't have in your picture), and used them to made a wall art piece. I used the pull arm on another machine. The stopboard and some other parts went to Members in need of parts.

Sorry, I'm not much help.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Older NDT Pachislo Phoenix Machine with pull arm

unusual machine hope you can get it working again

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead