Thread: Taiyo CR Arepachi Apollo 1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Taiyo CR Arepachi Apollo 1

I recently purchased this machine and want to get it working again. Plus just know how to operate it. Never played a machine like this one. I’m having difficulty finding a manual for this machine. I have two that I’m restoring and this is the first one I’m taking on. Any help would be great to get me started. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Taiyo CR Arepachi Apollo 1

Welcome to Pachitalk

can you tell us what its doing or not doing??

if ya fill the back top hopper and then put balls in the front top hopper what happens when you try and shoot balls??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

^What he said! What isn’t working exactly? Why does it need restored already? (Modern pachinkos are pretty robust/reliable.)

I’ve got an Apollo 1, it’s the one of the best modern arepachi; certainly the best since the 90’s. Only one that compares is the President 5 (arepachi that is; not Trump)

There’s no manuals, best way to learn is just sit down and play it for an hour or so; you’ll figure it out! It’s all about getting “spins” of the reels and getting 4 or more balls in a row; then follow the numbered pockets to shoot at once it “hits”.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also have one and will be happy to answer any needed Qs
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are correct, I don’t need to restore in the traditional fashion. Came from a dirty house and needs a cleaning. The machine is reporting an error code 5. It’s in Japanese so no clue what it means. The shooter isn’t working and also have some concerns about the blue and red buttons on top. They don’t seem to do anything and I’m really not sure what they do. Thanks for your help.

022B8234-8304-402C-970D-A66C9A8B0C2C.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mattswilson View Post
    You are correct, I don’t need to restore in the traditional fashion. Came from a dirty house and needs a cleaning. The machine is reporting an error code 5. It’s in Japanese so no clue what it means. The shooter isn’t working and also have some concerns about the blue and red buttons on top. They don’t seem to do anything and I’m really not sure what they do. Thanks for your help.

022B8234-8304-402C-970D-A66C9A8B0C2C.jpeg
    Your dongle is missing. You need card reader dongle (fools machine that there’s a card reader attached thus activating the shooter.) Get a Dave Rob dongle and those buttons you speak of will light up; then you can dispense balls whenever needed!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bingo!!! Bypassing the card reader did the trick. I have a Electronics’s business so had the parts laying around. Could you please educate me on the blue and red buttons on top?

E15B9193-FFC2-45D4-8340-133696FB6BBD.jpeg

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bingo!!! Bypassing the card reader did the trick. I have a Electronics’s business so had the parts laying around. Could you please educate me on the blue and red buttons on top?

E15B9193-FFC2-45D4-8340-133696FB6BBD.jpeg
    I am unable to locate a vid

take a look at this

http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I need a little help understanding the game strategy. I see how to get jackpots by getting four or more lines at the bottom but how do we get it into fever mode where the top opens up. I did it manually just to show my boys but don’t know the combination of events to make it naturally happen.

At the top where it opens up you see numbers 8,11,12,25 and on the side you see 11,12,15,14. What do those stand for? When it’s in fever mode that’s when they open I’m guessing. Thanks for your help.

A7F49436-C5F5-458A-BFED-0CA730AC8C2C.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I need a little help understanding the game strategy. I see how to get jackpots by getting four or more lines at the bottom but how do we get it into fever mode where the top opens up. I did it manually just to show my boys but don’t know the combination of events to make it naturally happen.

At the top where it opens up you see numbers 8,11,12,25 and on the side you see 11,12,15,14. What do those stand for? When it’s in fever mode that’s when they open I’m guessing. Thanks for your help.

A7F49436-C5F5-458A-BFED-0CA730AC8C2C.jpeg
    You need to get spins; need the digital reels to hit 33 or 77; then there’s a series of more steps to the Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe I have an issue with with a ball reader on target 3. It seems to never register a ball when passing through. Should this target work in normal play?

7FD13A1A-648D-42FD-97AF-FE82C12D283B.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you have to hit them in sequence. Hit #1, then you have a certain # of balls or time to hit #2. ETC. I don't have this model, but I have a Penguin aeripachi. They work similar. When you twist the knob'''it will shoot 16 balls then pause...then shoot 16 more. Each group of 16 is a "game", or chance of trying for a fever. At least that is how I understand it. When you line up "losses" at the bottom, they clear after each group of 16. I also noticed that if a soft shot don't make it into the play area, it don't count as being played. It seems like the gate that prevents the balls from bouncing back into the launching chute is the switch that counts the 16 balls "in play". http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...hlight=penguin
    On Penguin, #1 starts the 3 digit display...where you need to get 333 or 777(in the dark window below the orange thing on the left) to open the tulip labeled "target 2". I think you get 16 balls to progress to each level. If you don't progress within 16 balls, you start back at #1 until you get 333 or 777 again.
    Not sure how Apollo works, but try dropping a ball into #1. That probably starts the digital "reels". When you get 33 or 77, drop one into #2. Not sure what its requirements are... if #2 drops the ball down the center to the "V" pocket, then you have to hit that before moving on to #3. My strategy is to shoot for the numbered goals. Whatever misses the numbered goals fall into the numbered slots below. Any winnings from that is bonus balls.

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall