Thread: AT Games Arcade Legends

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default AT Games Arcade Legends

I searched and came up empty. Not sure where this should go as it does support MAME games but also others. The base system has 350 games when I got it along with the few extra they give you on a USB stick

I got mine shipped from SAMS as it was free shipping. Price was $499 plus tax. They left it right on the corner of the porch with the labels/images showing exactly what it is. I opened the box and carried the pieces up to the 3rd floor. The top portion with the monitor was a single piece and you assemble the lower cabinet. The controls are pre-assembled kind of like a Pandora 5s control board, the back has connections for the monitor, speakers, ethernet, HDMI, and power. The screen appears to be 720P which qualifies as HD, but seems silly to not just throw a 1080P in there. It's a 24" screen.

I assembled it in about 1/2 hour or so. I did so on the wrong end of the room, the took the top off again, moved both halves to the other end of the room where it could stand against a wall, and reassembled it. Assembly goes quickly but might have been quicker with 2 people. There is wasted space in the base, I am tempted to cut a door in the side or front to store things inside the base.

Main fault I have with it is they didn't put tmolding on it. They glued some edging and it just didn't stick. This is very visible on the top (see pictures) but doesn't affect the performance. I haven't attempted to re-glue it, but had it been T molding it would have stuck better I think.

ATGames has an AddonTool on their site that you can use to bundle your ROM, box cover, bezel (image that hides the bars on the left/right of the screen with your own artwork since the screen is horizontal and the games are usually vertical) and the emulator for the game. It links those all up into a single AddOn_gamename.UCE file. This means that each and every game you add to the addon has the full size of their game core inside it. The more games you have on the stick, the longer it takes to come up and you'll receive a message on the screen that the screen has no input. You just have to waaaait for it. I put 70 on a usb stick, and it was a few minutes. I'll retry with my faster 256gig stick... to see if it works at all. I switched to a slower 16gig stick with the same games on it, and then just stood there with it complaining of no input until it finally was ready to play.

Game play is decent. I had issues with the light cycles in the TRON that is on it as you should have a 4 direction stick, but this is a 2 player cabinet so you are not standing straight in front of it. I kept wanting to go at an angle because I was at an angle to the screen so ended up doing a bunch of wiggles instead of a straight line to begin with.

I did connect the ethernet, it downloaded patches which changed the main menu system. Instead of having BYOG on the top, they have a popup on the left for you to log in, or select an option for addon games from. I did not pay or make an online account; apparently the system allows game streaming but I believe I saw it was $10 at this time (12/01/2019)

s20191119_151535.jpgs20191119_153107.jpgs20191119_192647.jpgs20191119_192846.jpgs20191119_193120.jpgs20191119_193535.jpgs20191119_194230.jpgs20191120_170804.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to doa12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: AT Games Arcade Legends

I've been looking at those. I saw them in the club but couldn't commit. The 350+ games include a LOT of Coleco and Atari games. The main reason I would buy it is that you can connect a Raspberry Pi to it, and it would be great for Golden Tee. I have an Arcade1up 12-n-1 machine for trackball and spinner games as well as a quasimoto arcade running Hyperspin from PC with Gamecube N64, PS1 and SNES connected so I'm really on the fence.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    I've been looking at those. I saw them in the club but couldn't commit. The 350+ games include a LOT of Coleco and Atari games. The main reason I would buy it is that you can connect a Raspberry Pi to it, and it would be great for Golden Tee. I have an Arcade1up 12-n-1 machine for trackball and spinner games as well as a quasimoto arcade running Hyperspin from PC with Gamecube N64, PS1 and SNES connected so I'm really on the fence.
    I put GoldenTee 2 on it, it was ok for a game of its age. Made my own bezel (1280x720) should have better done it so Adria wasn't split like that. Used the trackball to do the strokes.

20191123_001226.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to doa12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I pulled the trigger at Sam's Club this morning. $449 for the members 1-day event sale.

It's still in the box for another 11 days since it's my main Christmas present.

Can't wait!!

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was starting to transfer files from a RetroPie then noticed they are working to allow you to add it more easily. It'll be nice if they get both joys, all buttons, trackball, and spinners to work. Rather than converting stuff I'll wait. I didn't catch what Pi version they are using but I'm guessing it's not the 4 since the 4 has built in Bluetooth that should work without the added dongle I think.

Video of them using a BlueTooth adapter on a Pi to interface with the left control/buttons.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to doa12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update:

Currently, they are selling Ver. 1.1 of this arcade at Sam's Club. Also offering a 2 player table/lap version that connects to your TV.

If you aren't following this machine, it's awesome. You can now run CoinOpsX (frontend) off of USB. Everything from Daphne (Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc.) to Sega CD/SNES and many other systems.

If you are one of the "FANS OF SAUCE" you can find out what systems are supported with CoinOpsX on Reddit.

Not my video, but showing off what you can expect... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZHkfL0PnwA

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria