Thread: Takeya Monster Village power issue - burnt diode help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Takeya Monster Village power issue - burnt diode help

Greetings!

First time caller, long time listener. Thanks for having such an awesome resource for enthusiasts like me!

So I've got a Takeya Monster Village modern pachinko machine that I bought about a decade ago. When I bought it, I had no idea how the machines worked. Like a lot of folks with limited knowledge, I plugged the machine in without the transformer attached. The machine quickly lit up and then popped off. The recognizable smell of burnt components quickly filled the air, and I was heartbroken. I put the machine into storage and forgot to get back to it for a long time. I recently got it back out of storage and started going over all the boards.

It looks like I have a burnt diode on the power distribution board. The board is labeled "SB-DG043". The diode in question is labelled "D4", on the bottom left corner of the board. The diode is much smaller than anything I've seen before, and it takes a jeweler's loupe to be able to make out any kind of markings. The burnt diode is impossible to read, but there's another diode of the same size and what appears to be the same markings on the board labelled "D6". From what I can read on the diode, I can see the letters/numbers "S", "4", "5", and a ".", but not sure what order they are in.

I've tried to search everywhere for a diode this size with any combination of those letters and numbers, but I'm coming up short. Does anyone have any idea what kind of diode this is? I'd love to replace it and see if that gets things going again. If I need to post pictures of the board and the diode in question, please let me know. I'm just hoping maybe some of the more electronically gifted folks on here know what this thing could be.

Thanks!

-Fuse

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ny2cafuse