Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Early Modern not powering up: ebay purchase need help tracing power supply

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Early Modern not powering up: ebay purchase need help tracing power supply

So I checked all the connections, in the center with the monitor part there is a separate board at the bottom that looks to be what controls the monitor part, its connections are tight except for a red and white wire set that looks to go into a connector only the wires look pulled out of the connector, my theory is at some point the machine wound up upside down in shipping and the transformer came loose and may have knocked something out which was also suggested by folks on this board

the wire I'm holding in the picture goes to it, you can see the red and white next to the multi wire connector there. I'm wondering if that's power or something else. I checked the plastic connector and it is definitely not a jumper, looks like no connectivity between the wires

IMG_20191023_142241.jpgIMG_20191023_142249.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Early Modern not powering up: ebay purchase need help tracing power supply

Side note, does anybody know a person who can be trusted to repair a pachinko machine in alberta?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like I was right, that was the power connection, system powers up, now just waiting on some balls. I did double check the transformer, it says 12V, so I'm going to check it with a multimeter and then likely replace it and install a proper ground.

THank you all for being my sounding board

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ev3lmog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2