Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Daiichi Escape - My first modern pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi Escape - My first modern pachinko

Quote Originally Posted by topper View Post
    Ok, then my best guess is that I'm not getting a strong enough ground connection through the repaired shooter ring. I've got some conductive paint on the way for a guitar project. I'll try using it to get a better connection between the outer and inner rings. Maybe that will make a difference? Even if that's not the issue, the wire I secured with electrical tape isn't exactly a durable or long-term fix.

It looks like there are some conductive glues and epoxies I could have used instead of the JB Weld and super glue I used. I wish I'd known how these worked sooner!

I suppose the other option is that the motor itself isn't well grounded and when I touch the metal frame I'm giving it another path to ground.

Are there parts available for these machines anywhere? I'm just worried that the conductive coating on the plastic is worn out or that the shooter ring is so damaged that it's not ever going to work right. I looked on ebay for pachinko parts and only found vintage stuff.
    Only parts would be if somebody on here has a parts machine of the same frame. Or maybe a slim chance of a shooter handle popping up on yahoo auctions. That’s the biggest downfall of modern machines, parts availability is slim to non-existent and you can’t alway jerry-rig a mechanical fix like you can on a vintage. Also some older electronic components are known to go bad on certain machines which render them parts machines.

At least it’s still playable! I don’t have any experience working on shooter motors/handles or grounding issues like that though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I'm tabling the grounding question until my conductive paint is delivered.

I tried testing out the pockets. I still don't really understand modern Pachinko. But I'm guessing that when the lights all go crazy (really crazy, not its normal crazy) that the escape door down front is supposed to open?

Also, seems like a few of the dot matrix lights are out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wait, I think I'm starting to notice a pattern. The song and lights change when the outer two symbols match. Only I couldn't tell they matched because some of my dot matrix lights don't work.

When the center character is slowly "spinning" am I supposed to do something to stop it? I've tried pressing or un-pressing the stop/shoot button. That doesn't seem to do anything.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When two symbols match and the other spins slowly or does something strange, it's called a 'reach'. Means you've got a potential for a win. Nothing you can do, it's all automatic. Your dot matix led's may have a bad solder joint or be burned out. Sometimes resetting connectors helps. They should be a fairly common component to replace if necessary.

The pass through pockets (left and right of center) are the sub-roulette spin (those 2 numbers at the top of the center feature). Not sure what combinations win (figure 77 should), but the tulip wings (the pocket that starts the big characters spinning) should open for a second or so, making it easier to get a ball in to that pocket.
    The four pockets around the bottom give a standard prize. If you line up 3 same characters, the bonus door at the bottom opens and you get several bonus rounds where it's easy to shoot 10 balls into that door. The door will close, then reopen for the next 10. It will spit out a lot of prize balls then.

It looks like the 1st, 3rd and 5th rows of led's are out on the right matrix. I'd check for bad cable connection or bad solder joints. Looks like the 2nd row of the right sub-roulette is also out.
    Last edited by compirate; 11-12-2019 at 09:36 PM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I've been dropping balls in that center pocket over and over and have yet to get all three to match! I guess I'll keep trying.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Usually in the upper right hand corner it lists the play odds.

I see now that it does not. The name in Japanese is エスケープ2. P-World says your odds of a bonus are 1:280 and the potential payout for a bonus is 2300
    Last edited by compirate; 11-13-2019 at 09:14 AM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    The name in Japanese is エスケープ2. P-World says your odds of a bonus are 1:280 and the potential payout for a bonus is 2300
    1 in 280, huh? I guess I need to keep triggering jackpots!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1 in 280, huh? I guess I need to keep triggering jackpots!
    adjust your nails a little and just enjoy playing it.. then when you hit the bonus be prepared to shuffle balls like crazy
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    adjust your nails a little and just enjoy playing it..
    That's always been a bit of a mystery to me. I've heard it suggested in the vintage forums as well. I understand adjusting the nails so balls don't get stuck, but I have a hard time figuring out how I'd adjust them to make game play easier or harder.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's always been a bit of a mystery to me. I've heard it suggested in the vintage forums as well. I understand adjusting the nails so balls don't get stuck, but I have a hard time figuring out how I'd adjust them to make game play easier or harder.
    Widen the distance between the two nails over the start pocket. Bingo; problem solved! Can do the same with nails over other pockets to increase payouts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

heres a link

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=65&linkid=548
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Widen the distance between the two nails over the start pocket. Bingo; problem solved! Can do the same with nails over other pockets to increase payouts.
    I've tried that and not noticed much difference at least on my vintage machines, but I'll give it a shot. The laws of physics on these pachinko balls seem rather hard to predict. On the vintage machines I've tried widening the gap between the nails above the pockets only to watch balls fall straight down and bounce off them over and over again. It certainly seems like widening the gap should increase the likelihood of going into that pocket, but I'm not convinced that's happening.

pachi.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Daiichi Escape - My first modern pachinko

I've tried that and not noticed much difference at least on my vintage machines, but I'll give it a shot. The laws of physics on these pachinko balls seem rather hard to predict. On the vintage machines I've tried widening the gap between the nails above the pockets only to watch balls fall straight down and bounce off them over and over again.

pachi.jpg
    Trust me; it works, especially on a modern digipachi. My Queens Blade machine had the nails set ridiculously tight to barely ever get a spin when I got it from a parlor. Couple tweaked nails, now I can actually get some spins.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    Oooh, that looks promising!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good news, bad news.

I dropped a bunch of balls in the center pocket, and a bunch more until I finally spun a match! The escape hatch opened and the lower score counter kicked in. It looks like everything worked as it is meant to.

Now the bad news. I'm no closer to fixing my grounding issue. I got my conductive shielding pain and am trying to use it to replace my Jerry rigged wire. But even if that works, I still have a grounding issue. If I take the knob apart and only use the stem (I don't know what to call it, shaft maybe? the metal part that the shooter knob attaches to) I can twist it, but even though I'm definitely making contact, it only shoots when I also touch a piece of metal on the face of the machine. I'm kind of using that as my stop button, touch the frame to fire, let go to stop. It works, but it isn't right. I'm guessing it means the motor isn't grounded. But I've got no idea how to chase this gremlin down. There's no manual, no wiring diagram, no nothing. No obviously loose wires on the back either. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    you can adjust the nails above the nails above the tulips/win pockets to help direct flow as well.. little bits can have huge affects..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The conductive shielding paint worked great! I no longer need the wire I jerry rigged. I sprayed a couple coats on the back where no one will see. I now have a fully repaired shooter knob.
    15737326085100.jpg

But as I suspected I still have a grounding issue and have to touch the metal frame in order to shoot.

So I pulled the motor assembly out. There might be a wire missing. This yellow connector plugs into the box just below the motor. Mine only has 1 yellow lead attached. That lead goes to a leaf spring that appears to contact the end of the shooter shaft. But I can't see anywhere obvious where that missing wire would go.

How similar are these shooter mechanisms across different frames? Could someone look to see if yours looks like mine? And if so tell me whether or not I really am missing a wire?

15737326086082.jpg
    15737326085761.jpg

22. The following user says "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I decided to try adding a ground line to the mystery terminal. It seems to have had the effect of bypassing the touch control. Which is fine because I don't really see why I need that anyway.
    15737835234110.jpg
    15737835234591.jpg
    15737835234842.jpg

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, so I need to decide what to do with this machine, how much further to go in restoring it, whether to keep or sell it.

It's now a playable machine with the following issues.

A few lines of the right center DMD "slot machine" display are out.

A few lines of the right top random chance display are out.

I'm not sure the center tulip works. I saw it move once. But when I drop balls in the "start" slots, I sometimes hear a faint whirring sound behind the tulip but it's not opening.

I'm enjoying working on this. But I'm not in love with the machine. I haven't quite "groked" the game play.

My wife picked this up at an antique store for $60. Any idea what these sell for? I haven't been able to find anything like it for sale in my area for comparison.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, so I need to decide what to do with this machine, how much further to go in restoring it, whether to keep or sell it.

It's now a playable machine with the following issues.

A few lines of the right center DMD "slot machine" display are out.

A few lines of the right top random chance display are out.

I'm not sure the center tulip works. I saw it move once. But when I drop balls in the "start" slots, I sometimes hear a faint whirring sound behind the tulip but it's not opening.

I'm enjoying working on this. But I'm not in love with the machine. I haven't quite "groked" the game play.

My wife picked this up at an antique store for $60. Any idea what these sell for? I haven't been able to find anything like it for sale in my area for comparison.
    Here’s a video of how your’s is supposed to work. Notice that tulip only opens during high probability mode after a fever. Sounds like you just need to play it more to get the gist of it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1OJ3fIy8lA

Moderns are designed to be played for longer periods of time in one sitting than vintages; I’m sure you’ve noticed it takes a LOT of spins to get the fever round (1/280 avg). My 2 cents; if you don’t like it, consider selling or trading it for a hanemono (skill based, not computer deciding when you win) machine of similar vintage. You don’t have to play as long to get fever action, and they are a lot of fun. Only the newer 2010+ digipachis with their crazy animatronics, huge LCD screens, 3D effects are fun for me to play for any length of time; Cutie Honey/Julie Pinball being the exceptions.

Or better yet get an arepachi!

Your wife got a good price; I’d say it’s worth between $60-100 depending on your location and how bad somebody wants it. Doesn’t have a recognizable theme or cultural reference so that hurts the value somewhat, and not “perfect” condition but still pretty decent! Good job on getting it functional!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast