Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bellco Golden Bell Credits And Plays but wont skill stop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bellco Golden Bell Credits And Plays but wont skill stop

Ok - here’s an update!

I connected jumpers as you did from signal to ground and was able to get buttons 2 and 3 to work off a jumper. However, 1 wouldn’t work. I removed the jumper and tested the circuit again and now button 1 functions (?)

So it looks like dead switches.

Now I’m on a quest for switches. I assume any NC switch could make it work and the optical transistor or whatever these switches are are to eliminate the chances of tampering....

Thanks for the assistance. We (I) barked up the wrong tree initially with the stop board but solid circuit tracing led to the answer. Hopefully this theory of operation will help others!

—Will

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticom View Post
    Just a little DI (delayed intelligence) update on using a jumper to simulate stop button action.

When I originally tried shorting the stop button signal lead to ground last night, I just shorted it momentarily (because I wanted to minimize potential bad things happening), but in reality I caused an anomalous condition (simulating the button being pressed constantly - which the machine didn't like.) After thinking a little about it (and the normal ~0v measurement of the signal pin) it seemed appropriate for the signal pin to normally be shorted to ground, and then opened momentarily (so signal pin can go high) to simulate the button press.

So today I tried my experiment again with simply placing a jumper across the ground and signal pins (no resistor required) and tested the button press simulation again by momentarily removing the jumper wire and then reconnecting it. It worked perfectly. So please disregard my prior note warning against shorting the signal lead to ground. The problem was with my execution of the test, not the grounding of the signal pin.

Have a great day!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Willbird

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bellco Golden Bell Credits And Plays but wont skill stop

I replaced the photo-interrupter switches in my coin slot this week (after finding suitable replacements.) I would think it would be easier to replace the PI switches in your stop buttons (if you can find suitable replacements) than to rig up something mechanical - but I don't know for sure since my machine is older than yours. If you can you share some close-up pictures of the defective PI switches, I'll check to see if I found anything like them in my prior research. Another option would be to check eBay for used parts. I've seen a lot of parted-out items for sale there.

Cheers

4. The following user says "Thanks" to atlanticom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2