Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nishijin Model C wiring diagram

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Model C wiring diagram

Anybody know where I can find a wiring diagram for a Nishijin Model C? I found this: http://www.classicplastic.net/dvgi/s...o-diagrams.jpg

But none of these really match my machine. I have 4 bulbs (1 central + 2 "all 15" jackpot lights, and a top left light that I assume is a low ball light) and two switches (jackpot and ball tray empty). Anyone have a wiring diagram for a machine like mine?

special-pachinko-diagrams.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Model C wiring diagram

Do you have any pictures of the wiring?

The Cs I've seen typically have a single bulb behind the "all 15" deco (usually behind the circular lens in the 5). Does it look like someone modded it?
    15light.png
    [Single bulb lit behind the 15.]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm... I didn't consider that. The solder joints and switches all look pretty old. But here's what's behind the "All 15" plastic. Looks like a little circuit board back there.

15590830840721.jpg
    15590830704220.jpg

The electronics on this seem odd. Power only works if connected to yellow and orange terminals.

With that, the low ball light is always on. The jackpot works properly. The low ball switch is weird. When pressed, it stops the jackpot lights from working. But the way that switch is set up, it pushes the button when the ball hopper is full. So, when full, no jackpot lights. When empty, jackpot lights.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are a few more of the back and one of inside the power connector block.
    15590842173764.jpg
    15590842089523.jpg
    15590842002482.jpg
    15590842420605.jpg

I know you can't tell much from that last pic except that this hasn't been recently moded.

I'm no electrician, but it looks like the fuse is only connected to the center jackpot bulb and nothing else.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try your power to orange and white. Yellow may be parlor connection.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Huh!
    Yup, seems a skosh jiggered. Looks like a hobby job my old man would’ve done 30-ish years ago.
    (That’s not an insult to whomever did it, mind you.)

My current project had the actuator arm on the wrong side of the ball empty switch, so it turned on when the hopper was full. A little careful repositioning got the arm back in the right place. But your machine seems to have been wired with both switches on the same circuit, for some gods-known reason, in addition to the ball empty switch being tweaked.

I’d say to use the first diagram as a guide for re-wiring it, since it looks like the “all 15” bulbs are more than likely on the same pair that the single bulb would’ve used.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Mr.Lazo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Try your power to orange and white. Yellow may be parlor connection.
    I get no lights at all with power to orange and white.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by topper View Post
    I get no lights at all with power to orange and white.
    Is the fuse good? If good roll it in the holder a few times.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Is the fuse good? If good roll it in the holder a few times.
    I did try that. Also tried cleaning up the fuse clips a little. The fuse passes a continuity test. So it should be good.

I'll try working on the fuse clips a little more.

Does anyone know how the lights are supposed to work on this model? With power connected to the yellow post, here's what I get:

Top left light always on
    Jackpot lights all work, but only when balls are NOT in the ball tray.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lazo View Post
    Huh!
    Yup, seems a skosh jiggered. Looks like a hobby job my old man would’ve done 30-ish years ago.
    (That’s not an insult to whomever did it, mind you.)

My current project had the actuator arm on the wrong side of the ball empty switch, so it turned on when the hopper was full. A little careful repositioning got the arm back in the right place. But your machine seems to have been wired with both switches on the same circuit, for some gods-known reason, in addition to the ball empty switch being tweaked.

I’d say to use the first diagram as a guide for re-wiring it, since it looks like the “all 15” bulbs are more than likely on the same pair that the single bulb would’ve used.
    Yeah, but what's weird is how old all the solder joints look. If it was re-wired it was done a long time ago.

Also, the low ball switch plugs directly into the circuit board thing. And it uses a connector that's identical to the one on the power supply. So I THINK the circuit board thing is original, which would mean so are the double "all 15" bulbs.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Which, either way, leaves you with the conundrum that it’s not actually wired to work properly. The wiring to the center attraction light, for instance, still looks hinky as [expletive].

If it’s an original wiring job, I’ve got no gods-loving clue as to what it was originally supposed to do, since the mechanics work in direct opposition to the wiring; id est, the jackpot lights only work when the out-of-balls light is on, so you’d only be able to get jckpot lights when you’re running out of jackpot balls, and about to be disabled by the low-ball feeder cutoff.

Honestly, I think you’re lucky that there was no jiggery-pokery with the mechanics. It really seems like this was something a late-70s/early-80s electronics hobbyist had fun with but made a whoopsie, because the mechanics are still solid, but the lights are proper-rogered.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like a jumper wire may have been re-attached to a wrong connection. You may need to trace them through the circuit.
    A re-wire may be in order.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, someone did a Sub-Standard job on those lamp screw solder points by not cleaning the acid base solder residue means parts replacement to be sure it works well into the future maybe bring it back to Factory lighting circuit a with the proper switches and wiring maybe new lamps with lamp sockets if those parts have that acid corrosion on them good luck on the restore .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by topper View Post
    I did try that. Also tried cleaning up the fuse clips a little. The fuse passes a continuity test. So it should be good.

I'll try working on the fuse clips a little more.

Does anyone know how the lights are supposed to work on this model? With power connected to the yellow post, here's what I get:

Top left light always on
    Jackpot lights all work, but only when balls are NOT in the ball tray.
    It's probably completing the circuit the wrong way when you setup like that, which is why the lights come on.

But the orange/white is definitely meant to be the main power inputs, judging from that wiring. There's another white wire going out of the picture you posted, follow that. And it's likely the orange wires go through the switches (a big assumption). But in the end, you should find something resembling one of the diagrams you posted up top. It will just take a little digging to map the physical elements to the diagram.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Spear

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Tink was on to something by suggesting I look more closely at the fuse. The fuse was fine but apparently I did a sub-par job cleaning the contacts. A few more minutes with some sand paper did the trick.

And Mr.Lazo was also right. The low ball actuator was on the wrong side of the switch.

With those two things remedied, and the power hooked to orange/ white, the electronics are behaving in completely sane way now.

Thanks for the help!

22. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I think after all that and me not needing a wiring diagram after all, you all deserve to see this spaceman pachinko in action.

26. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am new here and am restoring my first machine. I have no idea about electronics, soldering, mechanics, etc but YouTubed all of it. I even replaced the DC power with AC power. But now I have the same problem with the jackpot tray filled and no jackpot light. My problem is that I do not understand the diagram provided above and I don’t understand most the the verbiage. Aren’t the low ball lights and the jackpot lights the same or the ones that are side by side? All my lights work except when tray is filled, the jackpot lights do not work. I think someone mentioned an actuator...what is that? Why would the fuse matter regarding the lights on if a fuse is designed to turn lights off when overpowered? Apologies for my utter confusion but am really excited about this project and learning all I can so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You and I have similar machines. Would you mind telling me how your wiring is set-up? I have 2 limit switches, one for tray and one for jackpot. How should those be wired? I have all my wires going to the orange and yellow wires should something be going to the white wire that is configured into the other wires from the fuse?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast