Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member, looking for some advice.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New member, looking for some advice.

Hello,

I recently picked up an older pachinko machine at a thrift store. I've never touched one before in my life, and basically bought it as a display piece. I was trying to get it cleaned up, and I noticed that there's no locking mechanism on it. Does anyone know how to open this thing up? I can tell that the glass/plastic is seperating a bit, and want to fix it. I've attached a couple of images to help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (713.0 KB, 38 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1,021.6 KB, 45 views)

2. The following user says "Thanks" to propelberry

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New member, looking for some advice.

take a look at this see of it helps

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-Model-B-Video

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just learned how to open mine this morning. Lift up on the vertical wire on the far right side to release the glass door. It's the wire with a loop in it.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to balt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That helped a lot, thank you! I had looked at those videos pretty quick earlier, but since the front didn't match, I thought it was a different machine. The only negative thing that I'm noticing now is that I'm missing more than a few parts to get this thing into working condition. It's going to make for a fun repair project for sure.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

start with the ball jam its friggen huge!!!!!

then a track cover..

other then that it looks fixable,,
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is the track cover the long white piece that goes over the top of the sloped piece? If it is, I have that part, it popped off during transfer, I thought I would leave it off until everything is cleaned out. I'm not where where this thing was stored, but it has 20 years of grim and gunk covering it. Also, do I just unscrew the big plastic part on the back to get to the ball jam?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to double-post, thought I'd make a small update based on the progress I made today:

I was able to wiggle about 15 balls loose today from somewhere, tried the ball launcher and it works. They drop through the back fine, no problems, put a small box there to catch them.

My main problem right now is that whenever I hit one of the three bottom targets/holes (the decorated ones), the ball seems to get trapped. I don't know what the technical terms for the parts are, but there's a small wire/metal piece sticking out from below the plastic part on the lower-left (in the photos above, it's the small wire that's sticking down from the plastic part behind the large metal part), and when I jiggle that the balls drop down into the clear plastic catch on the back. Wiggling the metal bar with a 90 degree angle in it up and down seems to make them pop out. I'm assuming I'm missing a piece that either connects these two things, or multiple pieces that make it work correctly. Also, dropping balls into the large feeder in the back makes the balls come straight out into the bottom, not sure exactly what that's for. I plan to get the how-to videos watched tonight, I'm sure those will clear up a lot of stuff.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by propelberry View Post
    Sorry to double-post, thought I'd make a small update based on the progress I made today:

I was able to wiggle about 15 balls loose today from somewhere, tried the ball launcher and it works. They drop through the back fine, no problems, put a small box there to catch them.

My main problem right now is that whenever I hit one of the three bottom targets/holes (the decorated ones), the ball seems to get trapped. I don't know what the technical terms for the parts are, but there's a small wire/metal piece sticking out from below the plastic part on the lower-left (in the photos above, it's the small wire that's sticking down from the plastic part behind the large metal part), and when I jiggle that the balls drop down into the clear plastic catch on the back. Wiggling the metal bar with a 90 degree angle in it up and down seems to make them pop out. I'm assuming I'm missing a piece that either connects these two things, or multiple pieces that make it work correctly. Also, dropping balls into the large feeder in the back makes the balls come straight out into the bottom, not sure exactly what that's for. I plan to get the how-to videos watched tonight, I'm sure those will clear up a lot of stuff.
    post a new pic of the back please.. my guess is there is probably at lease 200 balls stuck in the original pic from your post #1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's some updated photos. I was able to get the majority of them out of there, but I don't know if there's a hole inside that's blocked. I was able to get about 20-30 balls out of that space. If you need any other photos, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The following user says "Thanks" to propelberry

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

most of the time its caused by people playing without the top tank full. If you get multipe pockets in a row, as the jackpot mech is paying out and refilling, the machine holds the ball inside untill it can trigger the next jackpot. So no wins get lost. Its a great system, but its only meant for a few balls at a time. So when people play with an empty tank. The jackpot chamber can't refill so more and more balls get held inside the machine and they cause the jam.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome, thanks for the advice! After unclogging it and running the few balls that were stuck in the machine through where they were all trapped, the clog seems to be completely gone. Just ordered 500 balls for the machine, going to start the arduous task of cleaning up and lubricating the back.

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to propelberry

Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just ordered 500 balls for the machine, going to start the arduous task of cleaning up and lubricating the back.
    GREAT NEWS that the machine seems to work!!

But maybe a 'word to the wise' from a relative newbie around here (who doesn't even have a pachinko, yet?) BE CAREFUL with that idea of 'lubricating' things back there -- careful cleaning is good, but I don't really think adding 'lubricants' is a recommended procedure...??

Hopefully those that really *do* know will speak up to confirm, or not...??
    Tim
    "I didn't do it -- nobody saw me do it -- there's no way you can prove anything!" --Bart Simpson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Q-tips and windex was what I was using on the front of the machine...so much tar and gunk build-up, the chutes looked like they were corroded metal instead of plastic. I was going to add a little sewing machine oil to the launcher spring because it's pretty rusted and seems a bit stiff, the metal pivot points within the machine seem to be okay.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to propelberry

Thanks
    Thanks Received

keep in mind any oil will end up attracting more dirt..

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

For metal , oil soak (separate pieces) then after half an hour wipe it down. That should help the metal but the play field you should not get any wet stuff on it for the playfield will stain.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

24. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Soaking the metal in a cleaning oil seems like a good idea, I may try that on the outer area that houses the window, that's insanely gunked up. I'm still tempted to lightly brush the springs rather than try to take them off, I feel that might be more trouble than it's worth.

Also, small update on the machine: got my order of pachinko balls today, loaded them up into the machine, everything's working the way it should. No clogs or jams, and the jackpot mechanism is working as intended. At this point all I have to do now is replace the bulbs and get a battery wired up into it. Just need to find the bulb size.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to propelberry

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Soaking the metal in a cleaning oil seems like a good idea,.
    NO OIL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your window frame doesn't look too bad, from what I can see. Have you tried 0000 steel wool? I find it works a treat on cleaning up chrome. Basically, a general purpose cleaner to wipe off all the greasy schmutz (I use denatured alcohol), then a good scrub with the 0000 steel wool to get rid of rust, then a buff with some chrome polish.

I once used some CLP that I typically use for firearm maintenance to try and clean up some metal parts on my first pachinko.
    Once, Johnny . . .
    frTBp4U.jpg

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Mr.Lazo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll definitely try the steel wool. The window frame has some rusting/pockmarking that I'm trying to get rid of, and the metal on the launcher handle is a bit rusted out too. What brand of chrome polish do you use??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just use Flitz for everything. Chrome, aluminum, plastic, you name it. Hasn't disappointed me yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast