Thread: Daiichi New Vanguard NV100 - Few things to fix

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Daiichi New Vanguard NV100 - Few things to fix

Greetings, first time poster. Just picked this pachinko machine up 3 days ago, with no knowledge of pachinkos or this forum until my internet searches after the acquisition. It seems to me to be in relatively good shape and working order. Balls shoot fine, but there's a few pieces to fix and clean, and I'm hoping to get help from the experienced posters to help guide me on my way to restoring.

My task list:
    1. Order balls (ebay, unless any better source?)
    2. Replacement top tray or gluing plastic/wood to repair it. Are there spare parts for this? I haven't seen many green parts in photos here, mostly orange.
    3. Add a 9V battery to the red and green posts to power it (from reading other threads, seemed like how this worked.
    4. Repair the red wiring so they meet back together? Not sure why the red is clipped.
    5. Get a ball catcher tray
    6. It looks like I'm missing a wire part that connects to the slider, at the last part of the "white" guides from the top hopper into the green part of the machine. A part slides back and forth, and looks like it needs another part. (seen on this photo)
    7. It looks like the "year" certification stickers were removed at some point. Or am I missing this?
    8. There's am rubber "fringe" skirt around the bottom of the machine that broke off. What is this trim piece called, any special name?

My machine looks similar in operation to MOXI's post here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?53236

Photos coming in my next post!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BLueSS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi New Vanguard NV100 - Few things to fix

I like the Daiichi machines, and have 2 or 3. Looking forward to pictures!

I ordered balls from ebay.

Check ebay for spare parts or repair to be functional--the back side is hidden anyway, but I understand wanting to have replacement parts.

Wiring is typically cut--I would rewire everything, but that's me.

A ball catcher tray, if you mean to catch loser out the bottom back, could be any container that fits the space.

Not sure what you mean by the missing wire...or the rubber trim, but that could be a "skirt" that buffers the glass from the launch ramp.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to machgo

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to BLueSS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine.. I like these machines as they don't usually ever have water stains...

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by machgo View Post
    I like the Daiichi machines, and have 2 or 3. Looking forward to pictures!

I ordered balls from ebay.

Check ebay for spare parts or repair to be functional--the back side is hidden anyway, but I understand wanting to have replacement parts.

Wiring is typically cut--I would rewire everything, but that's me.

A ball catcher tray, if you mean to catch loser out the bottom back, could be any container that fits the space.

Not sure what you mean by the missing wire...or the rubber trim, but that could be a "skirt" that buffers the glass from the launch ramp.
    Thanks! I just ordered some balls off eBay. They should be coming soon.
    Good idea about just running new wiring. It looks like 18 AWG is a common wire size for these from other posts...?
    Yes, you're right it's a "skirt" around the launch ramp. You can see it broken in my last photo. Do these ever get spare/replacement parts? I'd rather just leave it out than have a broken one pieced together in the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Nice looking machine.. I like these machines as they don't usually ever have water stains...

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Thank you!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to BLueSS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could probably adapt a skirt from another model or manufacturer. I doubt the lack of this skirt will cause any problem. The actual purpose of this part I believe is just to keep the glass from hitting the launch ramp and/or rattling. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I rarely see Daiichi spare parts turn up, but I do see whole machines turn up if you want to cannibalize one.

You could use another hopper altogether and make it fit or just use something as simple as cardboard the replace the missing side. Broken hoppers seem fairly common since they stick out.

A nice, clean machine you have there!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine, I love the blue faceplate.

But that micro switch up top is your 'out of balls' switch, which goes with the bulb right next to it.

Hard to tell for sure, but looks like those red wires that were clipped, probably went over to the bulb for the jackpot. That assumes there's a switch at the end of those green and red wires that go into the box below.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spear View Post
    Hard to tell for sure, but looks like those red wires that were clipped, probably went over to the bulb for the jackpot. That assumes there's a switch at the end of those green and red wires that go into the box below.
    You are right! I started disassembling it, and those are wires that used to go to the jackpot bulb. I'll get to rewire those.

I can't find a way to edit my previous posts here, so I'll repost with progress my task list.

1. [DONE - 500 silver, 250 gold to mix in] Order balls
    2. [DONE via cardboard monstrosity] Replacement feeder tray
    3. [Purchased - to-do] Add a 9V battery to the red and green posts to power it
    4. [Purchased - to-do] Repair the red wiring to the jackpot light
    5. [DONE - $1 tray from store] Get a ball catcher tray
    6. [IGNORING - I don't think I need this] It looks like I'm missing a wire part that connects to the slider, at the last part of the "white" guides from the top hopper into the green part of the machine. A part slides back and forth, and looks like it needs another part. (seen on this photo)
    7. [IGNORING - Year doesn't matter much to me personally] It looks like the "year" certification stickers were removed at some point. Or am I missing this?
    8. [IGNORING] There's am rubber "fringe" skirt around the bottom of the machine that broke off. What is this trim piece called, any special name?
    9. TO-DO: Print out a manual for operation, and how to properly do the jackpot see-saw
    10. TO-DO: Lubricate mechanics

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

No. 10 is a no-no! No lube required, just attracts dust.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

15. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there a sticky about getting at the firing mechanism?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Resurrected thread warning! I wanted to return to this thread to complete my journey/story.
    Well, with time to stay indoors, I was able to complete this machine. It was always intended to be a gift to a family member, so I just wanted to make it "fully functional" as much as possible, without going overboard.

Apology in advance, I don't have any additional photos. Forgot to take some before giving it away, but it was just cleaner than it was at the start; nothing more special to report on the aesthetics.
    From my remaining list of to-dos from my last post:

1. [DONE!] Add a 9V battery to the red and green posts to power it
    2. [DONE!] Repair the red wiring to the jackpot light (and also the empty hopper light bulb)
    3. [DONE!] TO-DO: Print out a manual for operation, and how to properly do the jackpot see-saw
    4. [CANCELLED] TO-DO: Lubricate mechanics

It plays very nicely, and this site was a HUGE help in helping me get all of the parts together and learn about these machines!
    This was a fun experiment project to learn about (and gift to the growing collection of oddities in the "man room"), but I probably will not seek out another one. I have no space in my own residence for one at this time, and I don't see myself participating in Pachinko by myself. It's much more fun with friends in a room having fun together.

Thanks to everyone who messaged and replied!

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to BLueSS