Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reel Hum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Reel Hum

Are the reels supposed to make any noise when they spin? The reels on my DDK hum quite loudly. Is this normal?
    When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for the price that I told her I payed for them............. *DDK - Neo Planett - Thunder - Vintage Pachinko*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reel Hum

These are used machines, so the reels may make some noise

Arby has a post that cover that, the link is right below

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ght=reel+noise
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for the price that I told her I payed for them............. *DDK - Neo Planett - Thunder - Vintage Pachinko*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you think the DDK has loud reels, stay away from a Neo PlanetT or a Magic Pulsar. Now those reels are loud.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As long as the noise is normal it won't be a problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Normal in the respect that all of them do it? Yes, that's true. Normal in the respect that other models make the same noise? No, it's not. This particular model is the loudest I've ever heard and it's quite noticeable.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    If you think the DDK has loud reels, stay away from a Neo PlanetT or a Magic Pulsar. Now those reels are loud.
    You were right! The reels on the Planett are quite a bit louder than the DDK. I have found a way to reduce the noise. Not a lot,but enuf to make a difference. I took the reels out and then removed the metal bracket that the reel asembly hangs on. I tightened all the screws on the reel cage and then when I re-installed the bracket that the reel cage hangs on, I placed thin rubber washers between the bracket and the wooden cabinet, When I rehung the reel cage I also put rubber washers between it and the cabinet. This has somewhat isolated the reels from the cabinet and reduced the vibration that was transfered to the cabinet when the reels spin. If you use too thick of washers, the reels will be pushed too far forward and may contact the the lcd screen.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice fix.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That was a nice fix kingsmen26.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting thought on this one. I'm going to have to give this a try.

traincollector

I'm sure glad to hear that the Neo PlanetT is supposed to be loud. While it doesn't sound like a truck going through my game room, it does sound like a Mitsubishi going through there.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i found another fix that seems to cure my reel problems . i adjusted my reels many times to align them only to have them realigned by the machine cockeyed again . also had a problem with one reel from the day it was delivered . it would studder then give an error . the fix i found when exploring the later problem . i found if i dragged a finger on the edge of the reel it would get it's location on the sensor and run fine but 15 or 20 spins later would mess up again ( i have a reel coming from the people i bought it from). so i bought some felt tabs sold at the dollar store (normally used on feet of stero equipt. to prevent scratching) i placed them with a slight amount of pressure against the reel so they rub lightly. the result is the reels now stop in line every time and the reel with the problem seems able to sense its position with no problem . it also has the added benifit of quieting the reel noise .if it were possable i'd post pics of the mod if you want to see em send me an email alstonj1@comcast.net

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This thread made me feel a little better about the sound of my Magic Pulsar. :-)

The sound comes from the metal cage the whole reel assembly is in. Its very loud. My Sinbad Adventure also makes noise, but it is no where near as loud as M. Pulsar.

Even though its a little loud, it is a fun machine and has a great sound system. ELvision is cool.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi all

I would like to hear your opinions or ideas about this.

My customer who just purchased Animal King (Mojuoh) asks me if the reel humming noise from his machine is normal or not. He let me hear the noise over the phone. I heard a high pitch mechanical noise that I'm used to hear from sammy models. There are no clanking or rubbing sounds. The noise comes from every reel. He says the noise is too loud compared to his Big Sio (Pioneer Model). The question is, do you guys think there is any way he can know if the noise is normal or not without comparing another Animal King?

I am thinking maybe I should send him another reel unit so that he can switch them and compare the noise from both units. But if you guys have any good idea, I may not have to do it. Please help me!!

Gaku

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's would be too bad if you need to send another reel unit, Gaku, but if that is the only way to convince him that the sound is pretty much normal, you may have to do so.

Maybe some of the others can jump in who might own this machine and give opinions of their wheel noise? Sammy is very well known to be loud.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do what the parlors do----turn up the music!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Wantouchable is a Sammy model and the reels are louder than a lot of my machines.
    About as loud as my Magic Pulsar reels.
    It could sound louder because of the large metal screen on the top of the case, most machines have the top closed.
    The sound is the same even after pressing button 1 and 2 to stop reels.
    Last edited by luckydog; 10-20-2005 at 11:26 PM.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wish I could help, Gaku, but I just don't worry about reel hum. Some machines just have louder hum than others. I live with it.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I should make a recording of my Regal while the reels are spinning. It was my first machine before I even knew anything about reel hum or anything else.

This thing is LOUD. Seriously, if you turn the volume down to a nice 'living room in an apartment building' level, you can't even hear the music above the reel hum.

So yeah, some are just loud and ya gotta live with it. I'm guessing from the volume of sound that these things put out, that the manufacturers really don't care about how loud the reels are. With all that noise in the parlor, you'd never even notice it.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gaku
    Hi all

I would like to hear your opinions or ideas about this.

My customer who just purchased Animal King (Mojuoh) asks me if the reel humming noise from his machine is normal or not. He let me hear the noise over the phone. I heard a high pitch mechanical noise that I'm used to hear from sammy models. There are no clanking or rubbing sounds. The noise comes from every reel. He says the noise is too loud compared to his Big Sio (Pioneer Model). The question is, do you guys think there is any way he can know if the noise is normal or not without comparing another Animal King?

I am thinking maybe I should send him another reel unit so that he can switch them and compare the noise from both units. But if you guys have any good idea, I may not have to do it. Please help me!!

Gaku
    GAKU I think what you should do is try one out at your shop/store and see if it does indeed make a loud noise. If it does then I think either your customer keeps it and accepts it or you pick it up or exchange it for a different model. You also could offer something like extra tokens etc to entice the customer to keep it but if the reel noise really bothers them that much , then that is unlikely to help.

This brings up a suggestion that I think we should make to all dealers in that they put a mention of reels' noise's being a normal thing with some Pachislos. Sure some may be because of adjustment problems from shipping etc and can be fixed but most will be because that's the way they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast