Thread: [Sankyo X-Files] I plugged it directly into the wall without the transformer...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default [Sankyo X-Files] I plugged it directly into the wall without the transformer...

So my dad gave me his Sankyo X-files pachinko machine which he had in storage for a few years. I didn't know, and he didn't remember, that it required a transformer to run... So I plugged the black power-cord coming from the machine straight into the wall. When I flipped the power switch, I saw a bright white flash coming from directly behind the power switch, and then nothing. I tried again but saw no signs of life/lights.

I've looked all over the unit but I can't find anything that resembles fuses. I really hope that I did not destroy the unit as it is a beautiful piece of machinery. Here are some photos of the machine, I am hoping you can guide me in the right direction to troubleshooting my terrible mistake.

I've uploaded the photos here:
    https://imgur.com/a/QxFFwjw

The photos show the cord I plugged into the wall, as well as the power switch I flipped, which I saw the bright flash directly behind (to the right in the picture) of the switch.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: [Sankyo X-Files] I plugged it directly into the wall without the transformer

A slap on the wrist for you!

Start taking boards off the back bottom till you can remove the power supply board (the board with the white plug/2 black wires). Fuses should be on there, but you've probably blown a component or two on that board too. Hopefully not too many. Once you get the power supply board removed and taken out of it's case, take some pics of the end of the board the cord plugs into. Then we'll be able to assist you further.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: [Sankyo X-Files] I plugged it directly into the wall without the transformer

I own that exact model and yes , You did a Big No No

One of my machines that I sold to a member here did not ask me why the two prong plug and where's the Huge 120vac > 24AC 9 amp Transformer on the machine ?

And you guess that person plugged it in and

Multimeter time and a visit to the electronics parts store .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    A slap on the wrist for you!

Start taking boards off the back bottom till you can remove the power supply board (the board with the white plug/2 black wires). Fuses should be on there, but you've probably blown a component or two on that board too. Hopefully not too many. Once you get the power supply board removed and taken out of it's case, take some pics of the end of the board the cord plugs into. Then we'll be able to assist you further.
    I’m hopeful! I see the main fuse behind the power switch is obviously blown. The other fuses to the right of the power board seem to be ok. I’m still trying to figure out how to get behind the plastic to get to this fuse. I don’t know if I should be unscrewing screws or if this all just comes apart nicely

Pics inside:
    https://imgur.com/a/l8cAsTh

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by miiitchhh View Post
    I’m hopeful! I see the main fuse behind the power switch is obviously blown. The other fuses to the right of the power board seem to be ok. I’m still trying to figure out how to get behind the plastic to get to this fuse. I don’t know if I should be unscrewing screws or if this all just comes apart nicely

Pics inside:
    https://imgur.com/a/l8cAsTh
    Disregard. I got the fuse out and will try to find a replacement. Nothing else on the board looks burnt or damaged.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Were I you, I'd disconnect the board from the game, but leave the main power line connected. Connect it to a 24VAC power source and turn it on and see if it still blows. Less chance of causing issues further down the circuits. There are surge components that look fine on the outside but fry (ground) internally to protect the rest. Buy a few fuses, you'll probably blow the first couple.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you haven't done so already, have a look at this recent thread:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ty-Four-issues

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone know if plugging a machine into 110v fries the electronics in the cell too? Or just the main board/fuses on the frame itself? I suppose it could be both; if not I have this frame (Magic Carpet) and might be interested in buying the cell if not toasted OP. Or you could buy another machine with that same frame and cell swap it? Just an idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Electricity is a funny thing. The cel might be fine. Or it might be cooked.
    Ian #UKPachinko

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam