Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my first modern pachinko: 2015 Ranma 1/2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: my first modern pachinko: 2015 Ranma 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Aftermarket resellers are the ones who modify them to be cyclic; “processed” they call it. You just have to read the descriptions carefully; or buy from JT Comatz or Clover, theirs are unmolested. The cyclitic mod can probably be reversed; but you’ll have to glue in a piece of plastic and sand it down so the balls flow freely through spent ball chute out the back instead of the font. Not sure how it’s done though on that frame, all mine are “stock” besides some that have aftermarket volume controls installed. I’d remove the cell and post a pic of what the chutes look like. You may like it cyclitic; only need a few balls to play; but no huge ball payouts (besides what your battle counter indicated) and no ball lifter, ball management system/cabinet needed. Each way has its pluses an minuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The big drawback on this machine is the payout cartridge/motor is also missing. Could take a long time and be hard to source one but not impossible.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    The big drawback on your machine is the payout cartridge/motor is also missing. Could take a long time and be hard to source one but not impossible.
    Good call! Forgot about that. Probably easier to just buy another full Evol framed machine with a cool cell, from a trusted seller that can answer your questions beforehand. They do pop up on here from time to time, I’m sure one will come up for sale domestically if one is patient.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    There is, the Japanese language! Really though, so much of the industry is filled with disposable goods. The aftermarket sales is just coincidental and so much is revealed by what is dug up or someone by chance has what others want/need. Just my two tokens worth.
    LOL
    but come on, of course it'd be safe to assume there was a generic aspect to these. I tried using google translaet, but the results are still a bit ambiguous and laden with slang.
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Aftermarket resellers are the ones who modify them to be cyclic; “processed” they call it. You just have to read the descriptions carefully; or buy from JT Comatz or Clover, theirs are unmolested. The cyclitic mod can probably be reversed; but you’ll have to glue in a piece of plastic and sand it down so the balls flow freely through spent ball chute out the back instead of the font. Not sure how it’s done though on that frame, all mine are “stock” besides some that have aftermarket volume controls installed. I’d remove the cell and post a pic of what the chutes look like. You may like it cyclitic; only need a few balls to play; but no huge ball payouts (besides what your battle counter indicated) and no ball lifter, ball management system/cabinet needed. Each way has its pluses and minuses.

you know if I can figure out how the counter reads, I don't think I mind at all that it's cyclyc.
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)

7. The following user says "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got the 16R jackpot today! Nice music to go with it.
    But what exactly is the 16R jackpot? It opened the hanemono arms a lot, and for a long while, but the male and female ranma figures almost didn't move at all during this round. Are you just trying to get balls into the center unit?
    Or are you trying to get more V victories, and there is something else to do to get the characters to move and thus let the balls through?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cait001 View Post
    I got the 16R jackpot today! Nice music to go with it.
    But what exactly is the 16R jackpot? It opened the hanemono arms a lot, and for a long while, but the male and female ranma figures almost didn't move at all during this round. Are you just trying to get balls into the center unit?
    Or are you trying to get more V victories, and there is something else to do to get the characters to move and thus let the balls through?
    Yeah, the goal is to gets as many balls as possible (160 balls over 16 rounds) into the center past the moving arms; each ball pays out 10, maximum of 10 balls per round, x 16 rounds= 1600 ball payout “perfect score”. The battle counter should be counting your payout.

You’d be frantically trying to keep the hopper full if you didn’t have a cabinet that holds 2000+ balls or a ball lifter. If wasn’t cyclitic.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, the goal is to gets as many balls as possible (160 balls over 16 rounds) into the center past the moving arms; each ball pays out 10, maximum of 10 balls per round, x 16 rounds= 1600 ball payout “perfect score”. The battle counter should be counting your payout.

You’d be frantically trying to keep the hopper full if you didn’t have a cabinet that holds 2000+ balls or a ball lifter. If wasn’t cyclitic.

I haven't yet really figured out the ball counter. I wish it could just be set to "balls played, balls awarded". I think it counts the number of balls entering the center mech, and the number of Rounds won? even with google translate I can't quite understand it.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

A more accurate description would be number of reel spins. As if you have the maximum number of banked spins and still getting balls in the pocket. You will get your 3 ball reward but not any more spins. But then a hanemono plays differently to a digi
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    A more accurate description would be number of reel spins. As if you have the maximum number of banked spins and still getting balls in the pocket. You will get your 3 ball reward but not any more spins. But then a hanemono plays differently to a digi
    I really hope I can figure it out.
    I want to be able to know how many balls I've fired, how many i've been awarded. Don't care about the odds specifically, just want my net ball total at the end.
    I fear I might be screwed that since this is set for cyclic play, even if I got a different type of counter these aren't set up to track "virtual balls awarded", as none are being dispensed as per normal operation.
    eeeep

Like the other day I got another 16R jackpot, and at the end, because it's cyclical play, I had zero idea how much I actually "won". frustrating!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cait001 View Post
    I really hope I can figure it out.
    I want to be able to know how many balls I've fired, how many i've been awarded. Don't care about the odds specifically, just want my net ball total at the end.
    I fear I might be screwed that since this is set for cyclic play, even if I got a different type of counter these aren't set up to track "virtual balls awarded", as none are being dispensed as per normal operation.
    eeeep

Like the other day I got another 16R jackpot, and at the end, because it's cyclical play, I had zero idea how much I actually "won". frustrating!
    You probably won the full 1600 balls; or very close to it; unless you’re a terrible shot. I forget him much time this machine allows you per round before progressing to next round automatically, it does count your scoring balls each round on the cell itself; so once you get to 9 balls, the 10th ball will start the subsequent round. If you abandon the machine during a fever or just shoot really poorly the round will “time out” after a minute (or two?) It will then start the next round; but you wouldn’t have gotten the max payout for that particular round. Some of the older ones seem to give you less time and you MUST get a ball in the V spot to progress to next round; so you really have to be on your game...not this one though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

始動口1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post

thanks for that, where on earth did you find the link to it though? I'm lost on the main site trying to find references to it.

I am using google translate on the 14 output jacks notes:
    1: 賞球 - 賞球10個毎にON - Prize ball - ON every 10 balls

2: 扉・枠開放 - 遊技機の前面枠及び前面ガラス枠が開放中ON - Door and frame open - While the front frame and front glass frame of the gaming machine are open ON

3: 始動口1 - 始動口(左)及び始動口(右)の入賞毎にON - Starting port 1 - ON every time the winning opening (left) and starting opening (right) wins

4: 始動口2 - 始動口(中)の入賞毎にON - Start opening 2 - ON every time the winning opening (middle) wins

5: 役物入賞個数 - 大入賞口の入賞毎にON - Winning prize number - ON for each winning of the big prize mouth

6: 大当り1 - 大当り中にON - Jackpot 1 - During big hit ON

7: V - 全ての特定領域の通過毎にON - V - ON every passage of all specific areas

8: 役物回数 - 大入賞口1回開放時に1回ON 2回開放時に2回ON - Number of times - One time ON when opening the big winnings opening once When opening twice 2 times when opening

9: 入賞 - 全ての入賞口入賞時、賞球10個毎にON - Winning a prize - At every winning opening winnings, ON every 10 winning balls

10: セキュリティ - 電源投入時、異常入賞、磁気、電波、スイッチ異常検出時ON - Security - At power on, abnormal winning, magnetism, radio wave, switch abnormal detection ON

11: 大当り2 - 大当り中にON - Big hit 2 - During big hit ON
    12: 大当り3 - 大当り中にON - Big hit 3 - During big hit ON
    13: 大当り4 - 大当り中にON - Big hit 4 - During big hit ON
    14: 大当り5 - 大当り中にON - Big hit 5 - During big hit ON

so let's see if we can expand on what's here and make this more english-readable!

2+10 are obvious security measures
    3: every time a ball enters the left or right "1" hanemono pulse holes
    4: every time a ball enters the bottom/center "2" hanemono pulse hole
    7: every time a ball enters the V slot in the center feature

6, 8, and 9 are the ones wire to the battle counter.
    I am GUESSING that 6 is every time a ball enters a hanemono/feather for a chance
    8???
    9 unsure, every bonus round payout of 10?

1: Would this be for every time 10 balls are dispensed as a win? Would this include the nominal wins and the bonus round wins together? That would be super useful for tracking your score.
    If 1 pulsed every time 10 balls was dispensed, you could wire up something to detect every ball fired and run a ball counter on an arduino...

Any help is appreciated as I'd love to better decypher these!
    Last edited by cait001; 05-01-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oh and a funny side note: I double-checked how my battle counter was setup and it was connected to CN 3, 5, and 6 when the chart says it should be 6, 8 and 9.

My Ranma machine is currently set up as though it was Star WArs 3D! http://www.daiichi.net/pdf/sankyo/92.pdf

Will fix that tomorrow...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If not cyclic. The most accurate way of counting balls shot. Is to count the balls leaving the cell.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to necro the thread or anything, but since I'm buying this machine, I thought I'd try and see what I could come up with :-)

Here's the same counter picture with some labels, as translated by a photo translation app on my phone:

Battle Counter.jpg

I suspect that bottom right yellow section is a menu heading, since it matches the data element right above it. I'd bet scrolling left or right reveals different data. We have a College near us that hosts lots of Japanese students for ESL learning. I may go see if I can convince one to come over some weekend and walk through it with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Toyguy; 11-21-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2