Thread: Sammy Gao Gao Kids pachinko help needed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sammy Gao Gao Kids pachinko help needed

Hi all,
    I'm new here. I just picked up my first pachinko machine. A Sammy Gao Gao Kids.

I know nothing about the machine and I am finding nothing in my searches. Is there anything out there that can help get me going?

GaoGaoKids.jpg

Any input is appreciated.

Regards,
    Ridgeman58

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sammy Gao Gao Kids pachinko help needed

Welcome to Pachitalk! As you may know...it is a ball dispensing machine...so you will need pachinko balls, about 500 to 1000! Does it have a transformer mounted on the back? It is 14 volts AC...DO NOT feed 120 volts directly into the machine!
    If you have a transformer and pachinko balls, plug it in and pour most of the balls into the top hopper on the cack. Wait...drop only a handfull of balls into the rear hopper. If they fall out onto the floor, then you will need to find and close the "ball dump" lever. Post a pic of the back if you can't find it. If they stay within the machine, then pour most of the balls into the hopper. If you don't have many balls, they need to at least fill the tracks leading from the hopper. There is pressure levers that must be pressed down in order for the machine to work. Put the rest into the front tray. Grasp and twist the knob making sure your skin makes contact with the metal ground ring. The ground ring completes the circuit and allows the shooter to work. This is to prevent people from jamming a coin in the knob to play multiple machines. Balls will launch into the playfield at a steady rate, the farther you twist the farther to the right they will shoot. The goal is to land in the start pocket, usully just below the reels. You will win a few balls each time. The reels will spin each time as well. If a second ball enters the start pocket while the reels are still spinning, a small light should light up somewhere near the reels or start pocket. This shows that you have a spin "in the bank". When the reels stop, the light will go out and the reels spin again. You can usually store 4 spins "in the bank". There should be a small pushbutton near the shotter knob that you can press with your thumb. This button stops the shooter without letting go. When you find the "sweet spot", and balls start falling into the start pocket often, you can bank 4 spins and press the button to stop shooting, without losing the sweet spot. As you may know, it is a gambling machine, so balls are money! if you have 4 spins banked, and you hit the start pocket, you still win a few balls...but you lose the reel spin. The object is to get a winning combination on the reels in order to open the "fever door". Any ball landing into the fever door will pay out more balls, usually 15 each. There is a sticker on front that says how many.
    In Japan, you take your winning balls to be exchanged for prizes at the exchange counter. If you opt for the "special prize" (not sure what it is officially called), you will get something seemingly stupid...like a mechanical pen and pencil set in exchange for something like 10,000 balls. This can be exchanged for cash at a separate location. Don't ask where...because it is illegal for the parlor to say. Gambling is illegal in Japan. The exchange store in a different location creates a legal "grey area" so that you can win money. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko
    Not sure what all you need to know...but thats a start.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! I did not expect such a comprehensive reply right away. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

The unit does have a transformer. It plays ok. Now that I have a better understanding of how it should work, I can asses it better.

I will follow up with a pic of the back when I get a chance. I wanted to thank you right away.

Scott

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Ridgeman58

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk

Here's a couple of links from our archives that may help explain modern pachinko set up and game play

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=65&linkid=545

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=65&linkid=547

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, more great info. Thanks!

I have much reading to do.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Ridgeman58

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pics of the back of the unit.

The 3rd picture is a close up of a rocker switch that I don't know what it's for. When I switch it to off an alarm sounds until I turn it back on.

GaoBack1.jpgGaoBack2.jpgGaoBack3.jpg

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Ridgeman58