Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: something is not right with shipping

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: something is not right with shipping

The priority Fed-Ex is always more expensive than economy and is only 1-3 days quicker to my area. I love DHL as they are an air package carrier with 2-3 day service to my area from the time of departing Japan. Now there is always the different global holidays as well as customs inspections that can slow the trip down. DHL seems to do the best in handling goods to me. The slow boat will be the non air items like general postal packages.

Also, my last machine was delivered via a Fed-Ex freight semi instead of the smaller package van/truck. This may add to the final cost as well.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 12-14-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    The priority Fed-Ex is always more expensive than economy and is only 1-3 days quicker to my area. I love DHL as they are an air package carrier with 2-3 day service to my area from the time of departing Japan. Now there is always the different global holidays as well as customs inspections that can slow the trip down. DHL seems to do the best in handling goods to me. The slow boat will be the non air items like general postal packages.
    what? how do i change it from sea to air? also it takes exactly 1 week for me to get my package from fedex priority. If DHL only takes 3 days, why is it cheaper?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JesseLee View Post
    what? how do i change it from sea to air? also it takes exactly 1 week for me to get my package from fedex priority. If DHL only takes 3 days, why is it cheaper?
    OR why is Fed-Ex so much more? The default for large items is air freight. DHL is not handling the "non standard items" so perhaps this left the door open to another rate increase by Fed-Ex.

Your location can also play into the amount of time taken for delivery. My DHL orders fly into Ohio, clear customs and then fly into Michigan for same day delivery. Fed-Ex has three more stops in getting to me. More handling and stops adds more time and expense for the shipping company.

Scroll to the bottom of this page for non standard items.
    https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/help/...cs#size_weight

desktop2.jpg
    Last edited by Peteybob; 12-14-2018 at 04:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    OR why is Fed-Ex so much more? The default for large items is air freight. DHL is not handling the "non standard items" so perhaps this left the door open to another rate increase by Fed-Ex.

Your location can also play into the amount of time taken for delivery. My DHL orders fly into Ohio, clear customs and then fly into Michigan for same day delivery. Fed-Ex has three more stops in getting to me.
    well what i found strange is that 1 of the machines i ordered was a DHL restricted item but none of the other machines were. also i think maybe fragile items are DHL restricted because i recently ordered a fragile item and it was DHL restricted.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yikes... and I thought the nearly $500 shipping cost for the machine I ordered was steep! I’m think I’m done with shipping full machines until Clover starts importing them again or somebody else picks up the slack and mass imports a shipping container full. (Fingers crossed!) I’ll just stick to buying cells for my existing frames, and maybe pickup one of the newer Sankyo frames that Clover has in stock for cell swapping purposes since it’s far more economical to import cells than full machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKkA07TPyT0

EDIT: the smaller box was actually taller by a quarter of an inch but it was still a lot smaller of a box than the other
    Last edited by JesseLee; 12-15-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tommygun119 View Post
    USPS - U.S. Postal Service

If it’s only one box it’s most likely going freight? 800 makes sense then. Plus any conversion fees maybe.

Could you send a picture of your next delivery. Specifically the type of packing they used? I want to be able to send mine out with as much added protection as possible.

Thanks!
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t314nxTLTn4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2