Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: something is not right with shipping

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default something is not right with shipping

hi everyone im back. but wanted to let everyone know something very important that i discovered while ordering from fromjapan.co.jp. so far i have purchased 10 pachislots and usually the shipping is around $350. but there were 2 machines in particular that came up to about $800 for shipping. i didnt understand why this was such a dramatic difference so i played around with the shipping calculator and found out if there is a 1 cm difference, it can change the outcome from $380 to $800. this was very alarming and that is why i have to give out this information to everyone. has this happened to anyone here? if so, was your package measured in error? were you refunded? when i measured my machine that was $800, it was not the dimensions that they had claimed it to be. am i not measuring correctly? or is this a scam?

here is a video showing and explaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5vY2xQyCrw
    Last edited by JesseLee; 12-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

350...800!!! Is it one or two boxes?

Thank god I am able to use USPS and it’s based off weight once you go over like (30) lbs with a (70)lbs max. 100 bucks each box is what I ive been able to ship out from Japan.

But yeah. I was playing around with Japanese shipping companies and they charged A LOT. And it changed based on volume/space so even 1cm makes a diff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: something is not right with shipping

my pachislots always come in a box in a box in a box when i get them from fromjapan. so 3 boxes. i dont know what USPS is but the reason i use fromjapan is because that is my proxy and they have their own warehouse.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

USPS - U.S. Postal Service

If it’s only one box it’s most likely going freight? 800 makes sense then. Plus any conversion fees maybe.

Could you send a picture of your next delivery. Specifically the type of packing they used? I want to be able to send mine out with as much added protection as possible.

Thanks!
    Tom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i dont know what you mean, its 3 boxes and every time i order a machine from them, it comes the same way regardless of how much i pay for the machine. sometimes i pay $350 and sometimes i pay $800 but they use bubble wrap and this air pillow thing. and a little white foam cube on the pull lever.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wait, you are in japan. do you sell pachislots?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yup! I live and work in Japan...yes I’m an American.

I don’t sell them as I’m a job but Im an enthusiast who has sold like 3... 2 to the same person. I sent a previous thread offer what I currently own and also what I had seen in the second hand stores that deal exclusively in pachinko/pashislo and their prices.

Shipping is total 200+50 for packaging and I refund whatever is left over.

3 parlors closed down near me so I’m scooping up all the cool ones for pretty cheap.

If you know anyone who has like a specific pachi they want let me know. My wife is way into pachinko and loves going missions for me....(she doesn’t work)..she’s also Japanese :-)

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You need to look at your charge 2 breakdown and confirm the actual international shipping part. Also run your packages size and weight through the shipping calculator to see what that says.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I already did that. the size information that they gave me, i ran that through the shipping calculator and it came out to $800

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what pachislots do you have for sale?, tommy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

also i have screen shots of the last charge 2 information that was $800.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i just feel like they are over measuring on purpose to cross over that limit so it jumps from $380 to $800.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I currently own:
    MGS
    Code Geass R2 (my favorite)
    Girls and Panzer
    LOTGH
    Steins Gate

As I mentioned before my wife can find anything. Most likely local since there are no so many of them.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JesseLee View Post
    i just feel like they are over measuring on purpose to cross over that limit so it jumps from $380 to $800.

How much difference is there.between actual box and what they quoted. Then run through the actual measumemts and weigh through the calculator. Then if a huge difference. Take it up with them in a polite manner. It might be down to their newer system that gives you a price as soon as you select ship items. It used to be. Select what items to ship. They would pack it. Then tell.you the price. As it was already boxed and weighed. I have some figures coming over and I was surprised by the box size quoted. To be sure. I'll be measuring it when it gets here.
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well i measured what the machine actually was when i got it and ran it through the calculator and it was only $280. I ran the measurements they said it was and it was $800. But what i was also thinking is maybe they measured it after it was packed. Its in triple boxes so maybe that was enough to cross that line. What im going to do is when i get my machine in the mail, im going to measure it while its still in the box and see if thats what is happening.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd think the shipping cost would be the outside measurements after it is packed, after taking weight into account. I mean, if I ship a thimble in a 3ft square box, I'd expect it to cost what the 3ft square box measured, not the 1/2" thimble inside the box. It's amazing that 1cm here or there inflates it that much, but I guess the line has to be somewhere.

That said, I know I've looked at some and saw how much the shipping was... and it kept me from purchasing them as the shipping was much more than the pachinko I was buying.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to doa12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    How much difference is there.between actual box and what they quoted. Then run through the actual measumemts and weigh through the calculator. Then if a huge difference. Take it up with them in a polite manner. It might be down to their newer system that gives you a price as soon as you select ship items. It used to be. Select what items to ship. They would pack it. Then tell.you the price. As it was already boxed and weighed. I have some figures coming over and I was surprised by the box size quoted. To be sure. I'll be measuring it when it gets here.
    are they bunny girl figurines?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by doa12 View Post
    I'd think the shipping cost would be the outside measurements after it is packed, after taking weight into account. I mean, if I ship a thimble in a 3ft square box, I'd expect it to cost what the 3ft square box measured, not the 1/2" thimble inside the box. It's amazing that 1cm here or there inflates it that much, but I guess the line has to be somewhere.

That said, I know I've looked at some and saw how much the shipping was... and it kept me from purchasing them as the shipping was much more than the pachinko I was buying.
    yeah i dont know why i didnt think of the box itself. and yeah i always pay more for shipping than i do for the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My most recent machine was triple boxed and totaled 45kg measuring 94x69x59cm. From Japan's calculator with today's rate shows this at $820 for shipping via Fed-Ex Int'l Economy which is about $100 more than I paid. Shipping rates are always changing. The option for DHL is listed at $550 but DHL was not accepting such large single cartons at the time. The final package size and weight (or dimensional weight-like a thimble ) is what you pay shipping on.

desktop1.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    My most recent machine was triple boxed and totaled 45kg measuring 94x69x59cm. From Japan's calculator with today's rate shows this at $820 for shipping via Fed-Ex Int'l Economy which is about $100 more than I paid. Shipping rates are always changing. The option for DHL is listed at $550 but DHL was not accepting such large single cartons at the time. The final package size and weight (or dimensional weight-like a thimble ) is what you pay shipping on.

desktop1.jpg
    well this is a big relief for me as i thought i was the only one suffering with $800 shipping prices. thanks for sharing. and yeah i always go with fedex priority. i dont want to wait forever for DHL cuz arent they a lot slower cuz they ship it on a boat? like a couple of months or something? plus im scared of DHL anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast