Thread: Pachinko Star Wars Darth Vader problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Star Wars Darth Vader problem

Hi. Looking for help with Darth Vader Battle Pachinko. Mechanical issue where center display spacecraft does not go up and down smoothly, and is at an angle when it tries to move. Guessing a belt or gear is out of place from shipment. Any suggestions to fix??

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Star Wars Darth Vader problem

short of a cel strip down. No idea. I stripped two of these down a couple of years ago because the ball paths were dirty. It can be done, just take pics as you go and have lots of little pots for the screws. As you don't intend to rip all the ball paths out, It might be easier. Once you seperate the screen from the playing field, It might be easier than you think
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mine was the exact same way. It was off a couple gears on one side and made terrible clicking sound that I was afraid was going to cause more damage. As Drunkenclam stated, it is almost a complete tear down. Start with the back and keep working your way forward. There is a lot to take apart on that one before you get to the gears you need to. If you get in a bind, I was thinking of making a video of tearing it down. Just let me know.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to thrasherwr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay so it's not a complete tear down but you've got to be willing to endure it if you need to. You should be able to work from the front? I could have sworn that the ship isn't covered with a window?...
    Pull the tie fighter down to center it and then you should be able to pull the 2 side rods that bring it up and down off the ship - push up or on a slight angle to release them from the inserts on the ship.
    You'll need to get the side rod to center this will entail either reinserting the cell - powering up and then let the side tracks do their thing to center without the ship and then re-installing the side rods into the ship. Or taking a measurement to even the rods on both sides. Sometimes the track does come off the gears that move it you'll have to check that too. Yes I know this is a really basic general explanation but if you'd have the 1st Macross machine you've probably done this before, the Veritech fighter always falls off track.
    I don't have one here to make a video but feel free to email me direct and maybe I can do a better job explaining in email or on the phone?

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to billyp203

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, Can you please upload a video of a tear down? I am also having the same problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i had this issue too in shipping it bounced a tooth or 2. i used a old credit card that i cut small strips and slid it in between the teeth to seperate it just enough then very gently and carefully slid it up a tooth on left side. the left seemed to be the side it was off as the ship was o an angle slightly. no disassembly at all. maybe you will get lucky and if its not off to far you can try the same.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to samslack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok I just threw this video together quick today and I had no other reason to tear down other than for the video, so please excuse the mess and hacked up attempt of a pov video. hope it helps some at least. I like samslack's idea, worth a shot if you're not up to a full tear down, but as I state in the video, it's a good way to get to those ball tubes cleaned too while you're at it. here is a link to the video. https://photos.app.goo.gl/1ksNEQuUL6r4fSGRA

12. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to thrasherwr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice job on that video!!!!!!!!! thank you for that.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to samslack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherwr View Post
    ok I just threw this video together quick today and I had no other reason to tear down other than for the video, so please excuse the mess and hacked up attempt of a pov video. hope it helps some at least. I like samslack's idea, worth a shot if you're not up to a full tear down, but as I state in the video, it's a good way to get to those ball tubes cleaned too while you're at it. here is a link to the video. https://photos.app.goo.gl/1ksNEQuUL6r4fSGRA
    Fantastic video. Mine has those loud flippers removed...so no clicking. I know you mentioned "replacing them" no thanks! Drive me nuts! Do you have transformers as well? I saw Martix and Bio 5 (some other pachislots on the end) Nice! I wish I had one of those helmet cams for my unboxing video. I think ppl are going to feel Blaire Witch! Great job!
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Fantastic video. Mine has those loud flippers removed...so no clicking. I know you mentioned "replacing them" no thanks! Drive me nuts! Do you have transformers as well? I saw Martix and Bio 5 (some other pachislots on the end) Nice! I wish I had one of those helmet cams for my unboxing video. I think ppl are going to feel Blaire Witch! Great job!
    Thanks! I usually have music and a bunch of other stuff running at the same time, so the clicking doesn’t bother me so much. I do have transformers there as well. I know what you mean, I’m still trying to get used to the camera. That was actually my first video with it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello.
    I just bought a Star Wars BODV and the left side of the tie fighter was hanging low. The credit card suggestion here worked. Two things to look at was the thickness of the card worked best with a rewards type card and two, which way does the gear need to jump. Logic suggested that if it was hanging down or should be jumped up. But what was reality is that the rack gear on the tie fighter was at the lowest point allowed by the counter gear stopping the gear rack from going all the way down and allowing the rack gear to rest on the spring stop at the bottom. The right side would go all the way down. You can turn off the power during start up when the tie fighter is down and just starts to turn. Then racks on both sides can freely slide up and down and the tie fighter can rotate so you can see the gear. It is the upper gear to gear rack you want to work on. I removed the cell to Lay it on its back on the table.
    I know it's sounds complicated but taking lots of time to ponder and look will help.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ujacko