Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buyee JP questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Buyee JP questions

Another consideration is how will the seller be shipping something to FromJapan or another proxy service for export. An example is Sagawa Express who has a 30 kg limit for shipping within Japan. So it is possible the seller(s) may have already package machines in two boxes instead of one heavier single box and FromJapan simply went with the multiple boxes.

I try to understand everything from the sellers postings (by no means am I saying others don't) to find out by who and how their shipping is handled. If all is not detailed then I move on to other sellers. The "non-standard" items like our machines are also handled differently. Sometimes an extra fee is added to double box a full machine and costing another $25. Shipping rules have changed over the past year as well as rates, which will always increase periodically.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Buyee JP questions

FromJapan did an awesome job packing last shipment, the vendor must deal with a lot of machines as the box was specifically designed for a pachinko. Arrived triple boxed and barely a scratch on the box. 🙂The cells were sent double boxed; curiously all 3 boxes had same bubble wrap so it seems they may have removed the cell to send separate and make the frame easier (lighter) to handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

5 pachinko machines showed up today. Notable difference from between FedEx International and FedEx Ground. Everything arrived in nice condition.

newbatch.jpg

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mmmmmm. got to love those boxes
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ultraman arrive today. Look at all the candy!!Damage.JPG

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingwiz View Post
    Yikes... that sucks! Ugh, I doubt it’s easy to get replacement glass either. Did they ship the cell separate or in the frame? I think it helps when they pack the machine full of those inflatable plastic bags to support the glass better in the frame. That’s a downside of newer machines not being able to get new glass cut for less than $20 like vintage or early modern machines. 😕

13. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, that not good. If you have a good local place. that might be able to draw round the glass frame and make you a new piece to bond into it. I once did it myself on a modern using a bit of perspex to do it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't quite make it out by your picture if only one or both panes are broken. I received the same machine today so if both are broken and you need an exact template for a shop then just shout.

20181119_180814.jpg

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! Only one side was broken. Brought it into the glass shop and they’re making another one for it.

Pretty sure the transformer box came loose and smashed it when fedex took the 3-point shot loading it somewhere down the line. Given I don’t use those transformers, I need to request they don’t pack them in the future.

Hopefully my next batch (gantz, tokio, cutie honey 2, it’s a jaws panic again) come in better condition, though I decided to roll the dice and not have the machines split to save on shipping.

The machine I got was in a bit worse condition compared to the others I got recently. As the others seemed like brand new machines (very very clean) and this one was 4/10 clean. I noticed something I haven’t before as well- the nails at the top left are frayed and pitted.

Can’t be too upset. Those Kyoto frames look like a pain to pack given the large moving eye at the top.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes. I never have machines shipped with transformers.
    1) because it's always them that break away and cause damage.
    2) no use in the UK due to our 240v system
    Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The back and forth saga continues.

- I filed a claim the same day
    - emailed seller, they talked with FedEx and asked me to call FedEx to convince it was a shipping problem.
    - FedEx told me they can’t discuss the matter with me
    - responded to seller
    - told me to buy elsewhere
    - I threatened disputing the charge w/ PayPal and my CC company.
    - seller said I could do that, but no longer buy from them should I do that. asked me to call FedEx again.
    - FedEx was a bit nicer and said they’d have a decision soon and would send me a letter in the mail within 2 weeks.
    -informed seller

Not only have I cut myself multiple times on this machine (glass is in everything literally), but wasted a bunch of time for what may ultimately be partial store credit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They DON"T know how to pack and send pachinkos.
    You should be reaming these guys ..it's their job.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

24. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the seller packaged them really, really well. Everything was triple boxed, tons of layers of commercial bubble wrap, air pillows, foam screen cushion. Really no give inside the box. Where it falls short is the transformer packaging. All my other machines also came with it affixed to the front glass and plastic wrapped, which isn't a completely terrible idea but it assumes the shipper will be nice to the package. One good drop on it's back and that transformer box is going through the glass.

On the plus side, I now have experience completely disassembling that frame . The shooter mech was jammed full of glass and the secondary ball catcher (i.e. not center pocket) below the frame was jammed with glass and something plastic that broke off. What I'm yet to do is disassemble the door. Anything plastic is full of glass pieces. It's not complicated, but is tedious.

PS- the animatronics were super loud and screechy. LPS Dry Film/Silicone Multipurpose Lubricant made them nearly silent. Just stepper motor noises now.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Vikingwiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! Only one side was broken. Brought it into the glass shop and they’re making another one for it.

Pretty sure the transformer box came loose and smashed it when fedex took the 3-point shot loading it somewhere down the line. Given I don’t use those transformers, I need to request they don’t pack them in the future.

Hopefully my next batch (gantz, tokio, cutie honey 2, it’s a jaws panic again) come in better condition, though I decided to roll the dice and not have the machines split to save on shipping.

The machine I got was in a bit worse condition compared to the others I got recently. As the others seemed like brand new machines (very very clean) and this one was 4/10 clean. I noticed something I haven’t before as well- the nails at the top left are frayed and pitted.

Can’t be too upset. Those Kyoto frames look like a pain to pack given the large moving eye at the top.

Is the glass shop going to be able to fix? I’m totally jealous of the new Cutie honey machine you’re getting! Definitely need to make a thread with a thorough review of it when it arrives! (In one piece I hope!) How much did it set you back if you don’t mind me asking?

28. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the seller packaged them really, really well. Everything was triple boxed, tons of layers of commercial bubble wrap, air pillows, foam screen cushion. Really no give inside the box. Where it falls short is the transformer packaging. All my other machines also came with it affixed to the front glass and plastic wrapped, which isn't a completely terrible idea but it assumes the shipper will be nice to the package. One good drop on it's back and that transformer box is going through the glass.

On the plus side, I now have experience completely disassembling that frame . The shooter mech was jammed full of glass and the secondary ball catcher (i.e. not center pocket) below the frame was jammed with glass and something plastic that broke off. What I'm yet to do is disassemble the door. Anything plastic is full of glass pieces. It's not complicated, but is tedious.
    Oh, OK, fair enough.

It happens to the best of us if we do it enough - I've imported two separate containers of a mix of vintage and moderns, and you are absolutely bound to get a broken glass here or there. The clean-up is the worst though....
    There is always another machine around the corner...

30. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

$662.24 FedEx economy.

Merry Christmas to me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by philewhite View Post
    $662.24 FedEx economy.

Merry Christmas to me.
    For one machine!? Yikes! Is it one of those phone both sized machines like Garo or something? I’ll bet they separated the cell from the frame and sent 2 boxes like was done for the machine I ordered. Which is good and bad; good for the pachinko (to arrive safely) and Fed ex handlers backs, bad for the buyers bank account!

Hopefully Clover Collectables gets things straightened out soon so domestic importation on a larger scale can resume!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    For one machine!? Yikes! Is it one of those phone both sized machines like Garo or something? I’ll bet they separated the cell from the frame and sent 2 boxes like was done for the machine I ordered. Which is good and bad; good for the pachinko (to arrive safely) and Fed ex handlers backs, bad for the buyers bank account!

Hopefully Clover Collectables gets things straightened out soon so domestic importation on a larger scale can resume!

I'm pretty sure they sent it in one piece.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still dealing with FedEx.

Got 5 more today and 1 came broken (ups this time- can’t do FedEx or DHL with this shop). Funny thing is- both were that Okay. Frame that avengers, transformers and some Ultraman use. That top piece must really stretch it...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast