Thread: I've had this machine for a while... Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question I've had this machine for a while... Anyone know anything about it?

Hello! This is my first time visiting these forums.

I have been in possession of this machine for a few years now and have barely been able to scrape together a small bit of information that I can't even seem to locate the sources of anymore I have provided some pictures of the machine and I will now list what I know.

-It is a Nishijin machine
    -It is 15&6 format (that seems to be strange?)
    -It is from the Y&O line
    -From what I remember, it was made for the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano Japan.

And that's about it Is there anything anyone can tell me about this machine? It would be super appreciated!

10390317_890994197593746_2264347777491906623_n.jpgnduWD8m.jpgzJOjdjP.jpg4ulUUFF.jpgNih0dgo.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Farapalap

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I've had this machine for a while... Anyone know anything about it?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did some searches, and couldn't find anything on that exact machine. Try posting the question on the modern machine forum since this is an early modern machine. Someone more knowledgeable with the variations in the modern machines might recognize it, and provide some info.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think compirate nailed it!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    That's it! Thank you so much! Glad to know that I'm not insane and that this machine does actually exist haha

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Farapalap

Thanks
    Thanks Received

-It is a Nishijin machine (you are correct)
    -It is 15&6 format (that seems to be strange?) (all the pockets should pay 6 balls each, The start pocket (probably also 6) will start the action on the video screen (probably a video slot machine) Whe you get 3 of a kind, the "OPEN" door opens, every ball that goes into the "OPEN" door wins 15 balls each.)
    -It is from the Y&O line (Have seen the name, they look similar...framewise, Ithink it a manufacturer...not sure )
    -From what I remember, it was made for the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano Japan. (I'm gonna take your word for that)
    Does it work? It requires a "dongle" to enable the shooter. You did not state any issues, so it should alteady have one. Here is a link to explain.
    http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/compat.html Pinball Dave is a member here...Daverob. He makes them, and they are a wonderful addition to any "CR" machine! More info here: http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/
    You are missing a lock cylinder. Not a big deal, unless you mount it in a cabinet...there are ways to get in if you go that as well. I once installed an Omron lock in a modern...http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ht=modern+lock It was a lot of work, cost $15 for the lock cylinder...and $20 for a key. I'm glad I have it...but wasn't worth what I have got in it. I have since found that I could get a key from members here for less. Probably no Omron lock cylinder though.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 12-29-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Card reader link did not take... try this one. http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/compat.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    -It is a Nishijin machine (you are correct)
    -It is 15&6 format (that seems to be strange?) (all the pockets should pay 6 balls each, The start pocket (probably also 6) will start the action on the video screen (probably a video slot machine) Whe you get 3 of a kind, the "OPEN" door opens, every ball that goes into the "OPEN" door wins 15 balls each.)
    -It is from the Y&O line (Have seen the name, they look similar...framewise, Ithink it a manufacturer...not sure )
    -From what I remember, it was made for the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano Japan. (I'm gonna take your word for that)
    Does it work? It requires a "dongle" to enable the shooter. You did not state any issues, so it should alteady have one. Here is a link to explain.
    http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/compat.html Pinball Dave is a member here...Daverob. He makes them, and they are a wonderful addition to any "CR" machine! More info here: http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/
    You are missing a lock cylinder. Not a big deal, unless you mount it in a cabinet...there are ways to get in if you go that as well. I once installed an Omron lock in a modern...http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ht=modern+lock It was a lot of work, cost $15 for the lock cylinder...and $20 for a key. I'm glad I have it...but wasn't worth what I have got in it. I have since found that I could get a key from members here for less. Probably no Omron lock cylinder though.
    Hi!
    Everything seems to work perfectly fine on this machine except for one thing...
    To the right of the ball release switch is a little screen that seems to display numbers and a couple buttons. I've never gotten them to do anything and I have no idea if they're even necessary for play as the machine works great already.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That sounds like the parlour ball loan system. Will not do anything unless plugged into the parlour system or you use a Daverob dongle over the standard one.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Farapalap and welcome to the the group

Nice looking machine and the Winter Olympics are coming up again soon!

(shameless plug: I have lock cylinders, keys, dongles, etc.. for any future needs )

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob