Thread: Mizuho VR "Dragon Chance" Issues

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Mizuho VR "Dragon Chance" Issues

Hi all, thanks for such a great forum! I was recently had by a seller, bought a 2002 Mizuho Dragon Chance Pachinko and on top of it smelling to high heaven it was full of rat droppings and came in about 10 pieces courtesy of a bad pack at the seller's UPS store.

I have managed to get everything put back together, however there are a couple of issues that I can't figure out, this is my first machine so forgive the ignorance.

1. Balls do not make it into the game area. The plunger fires, but the balls hit the lower lip of the receiving ball track. I can't seem to see any way of adjusting the plunger mechanism -or- the ball track. Any tips here?

2. Nothing pays. None of the holes pay, the jackpot doesn't pay, fever mode doesn't pay. All of the cables to and from the payout solenoid are intact, there are no visible signs of damage to the cabling or the mechanism.

3. The harness from the back of the machine to the LED on the front tray (near the 2 defunct service buttons) was rat food - does this communication affect gameplay or the payouts, or just send data to the LED counter?

Thanks for any and all of your input and assistance in advance.

I can post pictures if that helps at all.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Mizuho VR "Dragon Chance" Issues

Pics would be very helpful..Front and back!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty much all modern machines have interchangeable playing field cels. Yours may have come dislodged in transit.

The machine consists of the playing field which looks after the main game and sends info to the frame for payouts and speaker sound and any frame lighting. It will also get signals back from the frame. Like the bottom ball tray is full and needs emptying. ANY cable damaged needs to be replaced or repaired.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pictures are truly worth a thousand words

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is link to images and video:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B10Jr1PPdG0zNpl

Thanks again!

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to djlynnwood

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk! I'm not good with moderns, so won't be much help...but many others are. Pics are always helpful!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by djlynnwood View Post
    Here is link to images and video:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B10Jr1PPdG0zNpl

Thanks again!
    Hello djlynnwood and welcome to the group!

I wish I had a similar model to compare with yours but I am just left with many thoughts.

It does look like something could be missing from the ball launching area but it could be how it was originally. I wonder if some part is missing on the ball ramp either from where you have shown in the video or on the door portion that lines up when closed.

Could the shooter mechanism be out of alignment? Just thinking if someone else had it apart prior and wondering if it could be a factor.

Do you have more balls to load up the rear hopper? Some machines stop paying out when it runs down enough that a sensor or micro switch is not detecting more balls. Look around the higher end of the chute under the hopper in back. You may see a moveable part that is linked to a switch. You could try depressing it like the balls would and see if that helps any. I had one of these get gummed up once and didn’t always work properly. I fixed it by fault checking the micro switch and then cleaned it up.

As for your third item and the harness I haven’t a clue if that damage would or wouldn’t impact any other operation of the machine. Like Drunkenclam mentioned this should be taken care of. You wouldn't want any loose wires hanging about.

Others should be along and hopefully someone can give you better leads if not all the answers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post

I wish I had a similar model to compare with yours but I am just left with many thoughts.

It does look like something could be missing from the ball launching area but it could be how it was originally. I wonder if some part is missing on the ball ramp either from where you have shown in the video or on the door portion that lines up when closed.

Could the shooter mechanism be out of alignment? Just thinking if someone else had it apart prior and wondering if it could be a factor.

Do you have more balls to load up the rear hopper? Some machines stop paying out when it runs down enough that a sensor or micro switch is not detecting more balls. Look around the higher end of the chute under the hopper in back. You may see a moveable part that is linked to a switch. You could try depressing it like the balls would and see if that helps any. I had one of these get gummed up once and didn’t always work properly. I fixed it by fault checking the micro switch and then cleaned it up.

As for your third item and the harness I haven’t a clue if that damage would or wouldn’t impact any other operation of the machine. Like Drunkenclam mentioned this should be taken care of. You wouldn't want any loose wires hanging about.

Others should be along and hopefully someone can give you better leads if not all the answers.

Thanks for your input! Not sure about a missing ramp part since I have no idea what this looked like pre-purchase. I'll try rigging up a ramp. Also it doesn't pay with hopper full as I have tried, and there is no jam as I've cleared it and run balls though it manually. I'll keep watching the board for more input!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post

Would you happen to know where to purchase a replacement ball plunger like this one?

IMG_0727.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by djlynnwood View Post
    Would you happen to know where to purchase a replacement ball plunger like this one?

IMG_0727.jpg
    My only thoughts of finding a replacement would be if a member has a parts machine or someone selling used parts on an online auction site. Your best bet is to post a new thread here http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/members-trade-area/ asking if anyone has this machine or the part for sale. The other would be keeping an eye out over the long term on something like eBay or a better site like Yahoo auctions in Japan http://list5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...-category.html. A great many more second hand parts are found here but it often takes time and patience in finding a particular part and it could get pricey for just one item. If found in Japan then perhaps someone could add it to another order to share the shipping costs. But remember this also would be a source of used parts so there aren't any guarantees of it working. Sorry this isn't the greatest news. Hopefully someone has a machine not in use and willing to sell parts.