Thread: New Owner of Full Metal Panic TSR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Owner of Full Metal Panic TSR

Hello All,

I recently purchased my first machine, a Full Metal Panic TSR (CRフルメタル・パニック!TSR(タイヨー)) Pachinko Machine made by Taiyo Electric from Clover Collectables (formerly Akimono). Since I have not been able to find any forum posts about it, apart from the announcement thread, I wanted to share it with you.

Unfortunately it looks to be a little damaged.
    There is a large crack running along the bottom of the top tray. It looks to be mainly cosmetic damage, but I have been unable to pop it back into place for fear of putting too much force and breaking it further.
    I do not believe it was damaged in shipping, as Clover Collectables packed it very nicely and both the external and internal boxes were completely intact.

The LED display also seems to be faulty. I assume it is for displaying the number of balls it is paying out, but large portions of it do not light up. I'm not even sure how I would go about fixing this one.

Some pictures of the back for reference:

Other than the two cosmetic issues, the machine appears to run great. we played it for about half an hour and my father got a jackpot round that seemed to last a long time. We had to keep taking the balls from the play tray because we couldn't fill up the payout tray fast enough. Here is a picture during that Jackpot round:

And I was unable to figure out what these white and black buttons did. If anyone has some insight, it would be appreciated.

I guess the next step is to build a cabinet for the machine.

(If anyone wants to view the full size pictures for more detail, I have an album link here: http://imgur.com/TDcXjXP )

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to MrGhoster

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Owner of Full Metal Panic TSR

Welcome to Pachitalk. Those little buttons are ball loan buttons. In a pachinko parlor if you have credit in the ball dispenser assigned to your machine you can push the button and it will dispense balls into your top tray. At home they will not work unless you buy the DaveRob dongle. I really like using the feature so I don't have to keep digging into a container full of balls and drop them in. I can just push the button and keep on playing.

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello MrGhoster and welcome to the group!

As for the damaged area, have you been in touch with Clover? They might be able to help you out somehow.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Hello MrGhoster and welcome to the group!

As for the damaged area, have you been in touch with Clover? They might be able to help you out somehow.
    Thank you.

No I haven't been in touch with Clover yet. I wanted to get the forum's opinion before contacting them to see if it's worth the trouble.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From my experience with daily inbound UPS/Fed-Ex packages at work there isn't always much evidence of damage to the boxes when the contents could be damaged. It would be worth asking Clover for their opinion about your damage as Frank has been working hard to prevent this sort of thing. The damage could have happened prior to shipping as well. If nothing else, that lower portion is replaceable if a parts machine can be found.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine their love the shape of the door frame and the way it lights up its awesome!! shame about the damage I'm pretty sure it can be fixed up though

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

As long as its JUST that the damage is pretty easy to repair.. some patience and some glue and you can minimize the cosmetic damage.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't hurt to try supergluing that piece back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk