Thread: Star Wars Battle of Vader Ball Payout Questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Star Wars Battle of Vader Ball Payout Questions

Ok I own several modern pachinko machines and just received a Star Wars Battle of Vader made in 2015. You get the normal 3 ball payout when you get one ball in the reel slot. During a fever when the gate door opens you normally get 15 for each ball you get into the open gate. On this machine I'm not getting the 15 balls just a few random ball dumps of 5 or so and on the extra vader gate round no balls at all. Does anyone know if this is correct for the payouts on this machine or is this machine point driven on the little screen that slides up and down. I'm trying to figure out if it is functioning correctly or just has a different payout structure. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars Battle of Vader Ball Payout Questions

Translating the following page in Chrome, this is the awards paid out for the “A” type machine. There are apparently 4 versions with varying payouts. Scroll half way down and see the related models on the left side to match up with yours. I don’t have this machine but perhaps this can help?

3 & 1 & 3 & 10 & 12
    http://www.p-world.co.jp/machine/database/7583

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Normally the payouts are advertised in the upper right portion above the playfield, "5 & 10", "7 & 13", "3 & 10 & 14", ect.... I forget what the payout was on the Star Wars Battle of Vader I played at Pachinko World parlor though a few months ago, I'm pretty sure there's a low and high payout version with different odds though as with most machines; maybe yours is the low payout version?

5. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys. Yes something is not right because two of the payouts are not working correctly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have an early modern machine (totally different...I know), that has something like 5 & 14 payouts. It wasn't paying correctly on the 14. There was 3 rows of balls in the staging area above the jackpot motor. One of the rows had debris blocking the flow of balls. Cleaned it out...pays out fine.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the issue seems to be when I go into a fever at the first payout it goes into error code 4. After that point no more payouts even after the fever and going back into normal play. I have to shut off the machine and reset in order to play again. I'm a bit ticked because I just received the machine yesterday from Akimono.com and it's been difficult in getting any response from them. Any suggestions from the group here?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remove the payout assembly and check for wrong sized ball or fluff in it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As the others mention, check the 2 chutes that feed the payout mechanism for a packing peanut, sticky ball, or other debris is present (BOTH should flow freely); another thing that worked for my Maturi Penguin that kept having payout issues and required resetting the machine (and still having payout errors, no payouts sometimes) was completely disconnecting the plug in connector to the payout motor assembly; then re-plug it, did a hard reset and it's worked fine since. I could feel the huge difference in torque the payout motor was putting out after disconnecting/reconnecting it (I removed the motor completely to see what was going on and confirm it was strong enough to move the payout wheel/"gears", as they could easily be turned manually with my finger) strangely unplugging the machine completely AND doing a hard reset still would not allow the payout motor torque to be up to par (maybe 10% power/TQ vs after unplugging/replugging it completely) I suspect has something to do with the tiny circuit board on the payout motor itself....If that doesn't work I'd unplug/replug every single connector....good luck!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 09-18-2016 at 07:01 PM.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I took the steps that everyone suggested. I took off the cover to the payout motor and the drop shoot and found no blockage. I also pulled out the payout motor connector and re-attached. I used a can of compressed air and sprayed it through the ball channels. Once I put it back together it started working fine. So not sure what I did to get the machine working, but all is well. I never did receive a response from Akimono, so thanks everyone for your help.

15. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to BamBam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sometimes it can be something simple like the payout motor moved in transit so the ball channels don't line up correctly and causes the balls to jam or not flow through as quickly as the machine requires.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice....sounds very familiar from my experience with my Penguin payout problem, I'm still kicking myself for fiddling around with it off and on for months only to fix it in less than 5 mins by unplugging/replugging that payout motor connector.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: Star Wars Battle of Vader Ball Payout Questions

Actually today I moved the machine to clean behind and There is a red cover over the payout gear at the top right. It should flip up freely. Mine I accidently popped it in the 2 slots. When you do this it WILL RESTRICT balls from paying. I popped it back out and it is fine See picture (Sorry the picture is rotated and I can not figure out how to adj)

sw3dpo.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried to get a closer shot of the 2 grooves that you do NOT want this guard popped in to. I just tested it again when this is in those two grooves / slots whatever you call them it will pay out whats in the tube then stop. I did'nt get an error code but I am sure if I kept playing I probably would. When I gently pull up on this red plastic cover the balls feed the tube again and now pay out like they should.

Here is another attempt of a close up sorry mine is mounted in a cabinet and not a lot of room. It appears to be some kind of stop when you service it ????? Dunno Again this picture is rotated counter clock wise sorry

sw3d2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Standard feature on all modern pachinkos although they do vary in style. Means you can remove the payout assembly without having to empty a couple of hundred balls out the rear tank.
    Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam