Thread: Enter The Matrix - Fair Price and where to find one?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Enter The Matrix - Fair Price and where to find one?

I currently own a modded Neo Geo and was planning on buying a slot machine until I bumped into these Pachinko machines. Until last week I never heard of them but now they've really peaked my interest. I've been doing some research and the one machine I'm truly interested in would be "Enter The Matrix" which seems to be a favorite amongst many and the videos of this machine seems amazing. Having said that, I'm trying to figure out what a fair price would be and where you can even find one for sale? I searched on the web and I'm at a loss.

I'm also interested to hear more about other fun machines that are pretty decent and maybe easier to find?

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Yob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Enter The Matrix - Fair Price and where to find one?

Not sure where you might find one locally, but Akimono is taking orders for their next shipment. They have a thread here in the vendors section. They ask 50% deposit and if they can't find the machine they refund your deposit. Many here praise their service and the one time I dealt with them the transaction was excellent. As for fair price I have no idea. Welcome to PachiTalk.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Yob and welcome to the group!
    As Spyder mentioned, Akimono is a good source of many titles. He found a 2009 thunderbirds for me which should be here in November.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome. Pretty exciting to be here. I contacted Akimono yesterday afternoon so lets see what they come up with. Having said that, I don't want to spent a "fortune" on my first machine since I've never played one. I'm also planning on purchasing a Pachislo machine later one this year. Trying to build a collection for my man cave! . BTW, is there a top 100 or so for Pachinko machines? It would help me tremendously in my search

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Yob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Theme is important. Some people love one machine. Others hate it. Some just don't undetstand moderns and prefer the skill shot of the old over the computer odds of the new.

As for a list. Here's a good start.

Julie Pinball
    Cutie Honey
    Macross.
    Mini Suka Police 2
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Price can be a relative term depending on what you may consider disposable income for a hobby or toys. I found older local machines needing work for $20-$50. I’ve ordered newer sci-fi based machines for around $425 through Akimono but that included shipping, 500 balls, and a pachinko key. These too add up as shipping can be $80+, balls $25, key $10+. So in the end my last two ordered were more like $300 for just the machine and he has them packed very well for transit. Other machines like Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, I drove a 6 hour round trip to check out in person. I paid around $70 each when breaking down the package price with many extra items. (see my list below)

So prices will vary depending on if you want newer or older models, delivered or picked up, or if you get extra items. Popular and in demand also gets more at times. Keep looking on here or eBay/Craig’s List for what is local to you. This way you could see the game play and theme. Extra items that you will want are balls/tokens, start with 1000-2000? Other items you might add as you go are volume controls, ball/token trays, wall art, trinkets or figurines for more of a parlor feeling in your man cave.

There’s my take on what could be or become a small fortune or not. Machines found from $20 and up and any repair expense along with any accessories that you are willing to pay for. If you buy one, make room for more as they can multiply fast!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Yob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Definitely prefer modern over vintage. I'm actually surprised these machines are not more popular around here. Thanks for the list!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Price can be a relative term depending on what you may consider disposable income for a hobby or toys. I found older local machines needing work for $20-$50. I’ve ordered newer sci-fi based machines for around $425 through Akimono but that included shipping, 500 balls, and a pachinko key. These too add up as shipping can be $80+, balls $25, key $10+. So in the end my last two ordered were more like $300 for just the machine and he has them packed very well for transit. Other machines like Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, I drove a 6 hour round trip to check out in person. I paid around $70 each when breaking down the package price with many extra items. (see my list below)
    I found 2 machines in "good" condition but there are no balls that comes with them so I can't even really try them out during pickup. According to the pictures they are truly covered in a layer of dust. Its actually shocking they didn't even try to clean them even a little. Price for both is $250. Are these machines easy to clean or since this is my first machine, should I just keep on looking?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Yob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Huh just saw a video of Julie The Pinball in this site as recommended by some of you and really like it a lot. Definitely one I'm interested in!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I enjoy my Julie Pinball pachinko machine. Fun gameplay and soundtrack. I also like the Evangelion series. Some are better than others, but my Eva 9 machine is probably my favorite Eva machine at the moment. I also really like some of the early modern machines made by Kyoroku. No fancy LCD screens, but an electric shooter and some skill required rather than just aiming at a single pocket. The early moderns can usually be purchased rather cheaply.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How sensitive are these machines to heat, dust, and humidity? There is a guy here locally selling 2 machines which are stored in his barn so they're pretty dirty. I wouldn't be able to try them out because they don't come with balls and he'said asking $250 for them (robocop and jurassic park). Good deal or bad idea?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hard to say kind a crap shoot.. i have see machine stored in wet basements there were ok.. but it dosn't really matter where they were stored of ya cant test them... get him to lower the price so your risk to reward is better.. if one is dead your not going to be happy
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Yob View Post
    I found 2 machines in "good" condition but there are no balls that comes with them so I can't even really try them out during pickup. According to the pictures they are truly covered in a layer of dust. Its actually shocking they didn't even try to clean them even a little. Price for both is $250. Are these machines easy to clean or since this is my first machine, should I just keep on looking?
    Personally I would shy away from this for the asking price. But if the seller was very flexible I would consider giving half the price. Most items do clean up well unless there is any underlying water damage or stains. Look for obvious damaged components, wiring, etc... Being full of electronics it can be very risky not being able to demonstrate them. Kind of like buying a used car without a test drive allowed.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Yob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ugh great points, I guess just turning them on might not tell the whole story. I could order some balls to test the machine out but I would be worried running it this dirty that it might cause some damage to the machine? He said he would turn them on so I could see they are operational.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you could just take a couple of balls and drop some in to test the pockets.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

27. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes ... if I had any. I guess it takes about a week to get them :/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ordered some balls from akimono last Saturday but haven't heard from them yet so I'm assuming they haven't been shipped yet. I was hoping to have them by the weekend. Also still waiting to hear back from them regarding the availability of some pachinko machines. I think I need to learn to be patient with them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Yov, ive tried contacting that same seller (i think) multiple times with no word back. Guy on craigslist in ellisville ?

They way they sit i planned on offering 40 each. Alot of electronics in that enviroment and so caked with dirt i couldnt tell if anything was missing or not.